Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,956 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State (52756 Views)

Hope Uzodinma Arrested / Court Affirms Hope Uzodinma As Imo APC Governorship Candidate / Hope Uzodinma Wins Imo APC Primaries, Floors Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Uche Nwosu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by garfield1: 11:24pm On Jan 15, 2020
Kobicove:

Of course I knew that INEC cancelled the results in those areas due to massive irregularities...that was a rhetorical question! undecided
Is this sarcasm or part of your veiled rhetorics? If not,inec couldn't sufficiently prove that there were irregularities hence the apex court had to overrule them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by obotella: 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
Congratulations His Excellency Mr Governor,
Please let everything you do affect the common man das all Mbok!
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Patrioticman007(m): 11:33pm On Jan 15, 2020
garfield1:

Is this sarcasm or part of your veiled rhetorics? If not,inec couldn't sufficiently prove that there were irregularities hence the apex court had to overrule them.

Its natural for a layman to think, he knows & can say the law, forgetting that, even the Chief Justice of the Country only interprets, what the legislative arms of government makes & calls law. For those educated illiterates that are shouting partiality, we say to them ignorance is not an excuse, pls go back to school, if you claim to have certificates, pls seek refund of your parents school fees. Idiots .

3 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by grandlexuz(m): 11:37pm On Jan 15, 2020
garfield1:

This is the job of inec.by the way,adding the bites will not stop hope from winning,moreover only hope challenged therefore they are only concrrned with hope.

Thank you for the Leonardo Da Vinci painting.

2 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by therajah: 11:39pm On Jan 15, 2020
chiemmanuel:
How many years will he serve since ihedioha has ruled for some time
He is starting afresh! 4 solid yrs
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by obailala(m): 11:41pm On Jan 15, 2020
Kobicove:

A more pertinent question to ask is why the votes from those areas were excluded in the fist instance.

The votes in those areas were excluded/ignored by the collation officers because they looked/were dubious.

Unfortunately, according to the law, a collation officer does not have the right to decide on what he/she thinks is dubious result or not. That is the job of the tribunal. This irregularity (i.e. collation officers cancelling result by themselves) is the legal loophole which Uzodimma's lawyers exploited in the supreme court.

Unfortunately for Ihedioha, his lawyers seemed to be intellectually lazy, else they should have dwelled on the authenticity of the excluded votes as their main defence; instead they were busy defending other things.

At the end, no one can blame the supreme court of bias, cos they pass judgement purely based on evidences placed before them, not based on conjectures or sentiments.

6 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Crown033: 12:02am On Jan 16, 2020
Honestly if u want to be a thief, be a big thief and die one day, if u want to be a politician be a politician and die one day tooo.
I can't join smfin evil because I know my heart...
If I am in ihedioha shoe, I swear to God I will kill uzodima b4 the swearing in.
And I will still die.
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by tityboi: 12:05am On Jan 16, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Softness147: 12:26am On Jan 16, 2020
post=85831047:
The last thing to leave a man is HOPE.

CONGRATULATIONS Your Excellency, Governor HOPE Uzodinma.

From all us @[/b] : [b]CONGRATULATIONS to the good people of Imo State.

God bless Imo state.

God bless Nigeria.

A New dawn for Imo State.

Am sorry for imo people. Am just happy that this same Hope Uzodimma will expose Mbaka soon
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Lama70(m): 12:42am On Jan 16, 2020
He will serve his tenure of 4 years without leaving out one day. His tenure starts from the day of inauguration.
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by lozanni(m): 12:42am On Jan 16, 2020
chiemmanuel:

Four years from the date he was sworn in. Check Peter Obi's case in Anambra State

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by lozanni(m): 12:44am On Jan 16, 2020
Crown033:
Honestly if u want to be a thief, be a big thief and die one day, if u want to be a politician be a politician and die one day tooo.
If I am in ihedioha shoe, I swear to God I will kill uzodima b4 the swearing in.
And I will still die.

shocked You dey so desperate ?
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Charly68: 12:57am On Jan 16, 2020
God said : hope is coming for IMO people and said nobody can stop it,let's agree with God and celebrate the hope that he brought . Nobody should take the word of God for granted

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Haakon: 1:00am On Jan 16, 2020
[s]
post=85831069:

Absolute truth.

Exactly.

Two wrongs do not make a right.
Haba!

Speak for you and your yard boy.
Put this song below on repeat and start dancing right away,
Perhaps it makes you feel better after 24 hours of constant migraine.
Ndooo...
Sorry...
Pele ti e....

Even Ihedioha has allowed the verdict to sink in.
Read his words below in red

Ihedioha : "Consequently, we have put machinery in motion to hand-over the reins of office to the APC Candidate as the the next governor of Imo State. This will be coordinated by the Secretary to the State Government. I therefore direct all members of Imo State Expanded Executive Council, and all political appointees to write their handing-over notes and to return all government properties in their custody, forthwith. I shall not be party to pilfering of Government property or funds"
[/s]
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Haakon: 1:00am On Jan 16, 2020
[s]
post=85831047:

God bless Imo state.

God bless Nigeria.

[/s]
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Haakon: 1:15am On Jan 16, 2020
post=85831080:

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by Haakon: 1:15am On Jan 16, 2020
[s]
post=85831042:
One morning,
Citizen Hope Uzodinma woke up,
by nightfall he was the Governor of a State.

Same morning, Governor Emeka Ihedioha woke up, hearing 'Good Morning Your Excellency' before he even took his morning bath, by nightfall, he was a regular citizen.

God, we hail thee!...........Dee! wink

Governor Hope Uzodinma, Make sure Imolites feel good governance.
Make sure there is a difference between you and Mr Destroyer of structures, the only thing Ihedioha will be remembered for for the few destructive months he spent.

There shall be no more power to demolish...............Chairman Omenka!

God bless Imo State.
God bless Nigeria.
[/s]
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by nzeobi(m): 1:22am On Jan 16, 2020
Daviddson:
I knew it wasn't going to take days. What a sad day for for the former gov. Hope had better should repeat the high-handedness and hubris of Emeka, because this life is very unpredictable.

He has ordered a probe of government from 2010 _2020, and that is indirectly probing rochas.
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by nzeobi(m): 1:24am On Jan 16, 2020
Eteka1:
Ihedioha was too busy witch-hunting Okorocha to properly handle his case at the Tribunal.
Hope has already ordered a probe of government from 2010 to 2020
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by nzeobi(m): 1:27am On Jan 16, 2020
post=85831042:
One morning,
Citizen Hope Uzodinma woke up,
by nightfall he was the Governor of a State.

Same morning, Governor Emeka Ihedioha woke up, hearing 'Good Morning Your Excellency' before he even took his morning bath, by nightfall, he was a regular citizen.

God, we hail thee!...........Dee! wink

Governor Hope Uzodinma, Make sure Imolites feel good governance.
Make sure there is a difference between you and Mr Destroyer of structures, the only thing Ihedioha will be remembered for for the few destructive months he spent.

There shall be no more power to demolish...............Chairman Omenka!

God bless Imo State.
God bless Nigeria.
Hope has already ordered a probe of government from 2010 to 2020 and that tells you he is after rochas, as for emeka he did his best within the short time he served his people.
If you have never been to imo state don't say what you don't know.
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:06am On Jan 16, 2020
Eteka1:
Ihedioha was too busy witch-hunting Okorocha to properly handle his case at the Tribunal.

You said it all
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:15am On Jan 16, 2020
chiemmanuel:

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:16am On Jan 16, 2020
post=85831047:

God bless Imo state.

God bless Nigeria.

God bless your Mother!

Na child she born and fed you on quality baby foods.

Not all this pikin littering Nairaland that fed fat on pap from 0 month to 3 years old.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:23am On Jan 16, 2020
Crown033:
And I will still die.

You watch too much American movies.

2 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:25am On Jan 16, 2020
wingmanIII:
To everybody celebrating/supporting this glaring injustice. May you only experience injustice and pain in your life.

Shattap please!

Sounding like your life is not already ruined with pain, agony and suffering.
Keep wishing others what you going through, it will only make your matter worst.
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by guiddoti: 2:34am On Jan 16, 2020
post=85831069:

Absolute truth.

Exactly.

Two wrongs do not make a right.
Haba!

Speak for you and your yard boy.
Put this song below on repeat and start dancing right away,
Perhaps it makes you feel better after 24 hours of constant migraine.
Ndooo...
Sorry...
Pele ti e....

Even Ihedioha has allowed the verdict to sink in.
Read his words below in red

Ihedioha : "Consequently, we have put machinery in motion to hand-over the reins of office to the APC Candidate as the the next governor of Imo State. This will be coordinated by the Secretary to the State Government. I therefore direct all members of Imo State Expanded Executive Council, and all political appointees to write their handing-over notes and to return all Ihedioha government properties in their custody, forthwith. I shall not be party to pilfering of Government property or funds"
I need explanation to Ihedioha's last sentence. It shows more of Nigeria's mentality that I never understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by guiddoti: 2:36am On Jan 16, 2020
LUGBE:
Abrakatabra, the more you look, the less you see is happening in our Judiciary today.

I will study this judgement with that of Osun state cool
You can proceed to internal judgement of Zamfara n Rivers
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by whiskystan: 3:21am On Jan 16, 2020
chiemmanuel:

His four years starts counting from today.
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 4:09am On Jan 16, 2020
LUGBE:
Abrakatabra, the more you look, the less you see is happening in our Judiciary today.

I will study this judgement with that of Osun state cool

Keep studying.

Divendends of unemployment.
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by ekhai(m): 4:25am On Jan 16, 2020
jamesope04:
So fast? These people no even get time to waste
THERE'S NO VACANCY IN GOVERNMENT. ONCE AND OFFICE IS VACATED, ANOTHER PERSON TAKES OVER. ABACHA DIED BEFORE HE WAS BURIED, ABDUSALAM WAS SWORN-IN. ALSO YAR ADUA DIED AND IMMEDIATELY GOODLUCK WAS SWORN-IN. QED
Re: Hope Uzodinma Sworn In As Governor Of Imo State by ekhai(m): 4:34am On Jan 16, 2020
Softness147:

Am sorry for imo people. Am just happy that this same Hope Uzodimma will expose Mbaka soon
IS REV. FR. MBAKA YOUR PROBLEM. IS HE THE SUPREME COURT OF NIGERIA?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Scraps NURTW, Takes Over Motor Parks / What Some Americans Think Of Nigeria And Nigerians (Screenshots) / I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.