Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Obasanjo Ex-president And An "hero"? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Ex-president And An "hero"? (971 Views)

Caption This Pic Of Obasanjo+Ex-US President Jimmy Carter At White House In 1977 / Obasanjo, Ex-governors Created Bokoharam –femi Falana / Gbenga Obasanjo, Ex-wife In Another Tussle Over Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Ex-president And An "hero"? by gr8t(m): 3:24pm On May 29, 2007
I really think Obasanjo was destined to rule Nigeria from heaven. It possibly could not have been a mistake for him to be the one handling over from military to civilian in the 70s and now from Civilian to civilian. 
He is made possible what could have resulted in another west Africa UN ending war.
But is he really an "Hero"
Make your points clear with evidences
Re: Obasanjo Ex-president And An "hero"? by shade(f): 5:11pm On May 29, 2007
For me,  obansonjo   while  putting  in reforms aimed  at  improving the  lives  of   fellow  Nigerians  was  pulling the  mat  off  their feet with   controversies tailing  his sale  of   coporations like  the NNPC,  national  theatre etc. He aint  my  hero,  just  a sharp   Nigerian. While  on the  topic,  with  no  offense meant, there  aint  anything  like evidences, evidence  would  do  just  fine.
Re: Obasanjo Ex-president And An "hero"? by cuteass1(f): 12:39am On May 30, 2007
I was about to move on and pass by quietly, when i couldn't help noticing the new title gr8t gave him

An "Hero" ke?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

For where?? Bia, are you just trying to pull our legs or something?? grin
Re: Obasanjo Ex-president And An "hero"? by prizeless(m): 4:08pm On May 31, 2007
hi all,
thanks so much of being part of the nigeria dream.PLs , lets stop all the criticising and concentrate on Nation building.Nigeria is all we have. We have to support the new administration.No one is going to blow our trumpet 4 us, we have to do it ourselves.The international community is not interested in our success thats why they are crying foul where there was not even a football match!!!

They know we are catching up, and will do anything to stop us.

Nigeria is ours and indeed NIGERIA RULES[/b]

pls pass this on to all faithfull NIGERIANS

Re: Obasanjo Ex-president And An "hero"? by MILITIA(f): 10:30pm On May 31, 2007
Yes cute a$$, this one is definitely a "pass by"--- No comments!!!!! embarassed
Re: Obasanjo Ex-president And An "hero"? by chidichris(m): 7:21am On Jun 01, 2007
well since you need evidence, i would want to reffer you to the security system in nigeria which has reached its record worst height since the inception of nigeria. power supply is very bad with so much money invested/wasted on the same project. he could be a hero in his manipulations especially in area of selections of public office holders( no 1. yar adua). the worst election in our history.
political killings was well represented. our roads were taking 20 year backward while funds were released at different times and places to different individuals.
the level of corruption was not a good news with a lot of organistaions set up to fight corruptions.
he could be termed a negative hero.
Re: Obasanjo Ex-president And An "hero"? by MILITIA(f): 11:45pm On Jun 01, 2007
Why do some of us behave like we have been "jazzed" by "Ominigbon"(juju)-----that we cannot even see the truth? Wetin dem gif una chop sef? OBJ an "ex-president" and "a hero"? Please try an "ex- khaki dictator" and a "mugu". embarassed
Re: Obasanjo Ex-president And An "hero"? by cuteass1(f): 12:18am On Jun 02, 2007
MILITIA:

Why do some of us behave like we have been "jazzed" by "Ominigbon"(juju)-----that we cannot even see the truth? Wetin them gif una chop sef? OBJ an "ex-president" and "a hero"? Please try an "ex- khaki dictator" and a "mugu". embarassed

God bless your fingers jare . . paint the truth, turn it upside down, view it from sides, angle 180 degress sef - - the truth remains the truth cheesy

Afterall Obasanjo wasn't our country, he was only the president, taking sides with him will only make it seem the character he exhibited was the "supposed" way of life and ruling - - - which it isn't, not by a long shot wink
Re: Obasanjo Ex-president And An "hero"? by GNature(m): 5:13am On Jun 02, 2007
Why would anyone want to see Obasanjo as a hero ? There were lots of flaws and some accomplishments that he achieved while in office, but the word hero definately does not come to mind when talking about OBJ as a president
Re: Obasanjo Ex-president And An "hero"? by MILITIA(f): 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2007
Which accomplishments? None meaningful in the lives of those who "elected" him not to talk of those who did not "elect" him.
Re: Obasanjo Ex-president And An "hero"? by duduyemi: 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2007
lol, all of you that are yappin the guy, lol, someone should save this reply o.////, this is exactly wat is gonna happen, ppl r gonna start comparing yardua to OBJ and they are gonna the the big differences, they are gonna see a strong leader who even though went about things the wrong way did wat he had to do to keep things together and put his finger on the pulse and stop there from being chaos and controlling things, and now there are gonna see a weak leader who compromise and in the next few yrs may not even complete his tenure, we can already see this from his recent ministerial appointment and parlay with tinubu, so you guys should grab your pop corn and sit and and wait to hear the first person who utters these words, "men i wish we had OBJ", "if it was OBJ",
Re: Obasanjo Ex-president And An "hero"? by MILITIA(f): 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2007
True duduyemi! You know each past leader makes the current one look like a saint. The Nigerian "curse" I agree we shall one day which for OBJ to come back as a "do nothing president"! We are truly a cursed nation!

(1) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Denounces Kidnappings In The Niger Delta / Chinese Colonization. / Can Someone Tell Me What Determines Crude Oil Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.