Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Why Uche Okwukwu Would Remain Sec. Gen Ohaneze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Uche Okwukwu Would Remain Sec. Gen Ohaneze (708 Views)

Why Uche Secondus Was Sacked By The Court / Uche Okwukwu: APC To Win More Igbo States Before 2023– Ohanaeze SecretaryGeneral / Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Uche Okwukwu Would Remain Sec. Gen Ohaneze by chrisxxx(m): 12:38pm On Jan 16, 2020
There have been an outcry recently concerning a presumed Ikwerre man from Rivers State being Sec. General of Ohaneze. Ikwerre people have always vehemently denied they are Ibos.
However, he may not resign because he may be more Ibo than Ikwerre by ancestral trail.
Before the war Ikwerreland was under occupation by the Ibos to be specific the Arnu people we call them. I dont know if this name is same as Aro of Arochukwu. But generally in Ikwerreland the are called Arnu or simply Aru.
The Arnu people like I observed tended to be outscast or resented in Ikwerreland. They settled almost like the outskirts of any Ikwerreland they were then.
During the war, when it was obvious that Biafra would lose, they decided to escape back to Ibo mainland because of the atrocities they committed against the natives when Biafra was in control. 
Truly the Ikwerre and other minority ethnic groups in Rivers sought for revenge on them when it was obvious Biafra had lost.
Though like in every similar case, some of them were hidden by some merciful people around especially in Ikwerreland.
Their vestiges remain till date in Ikwerreland. They are treated as second class citizens even till today. You could verify this in places such as Isiokpo, Ozuoba, Elele and others.
Their offerings will be the first to say Ikwerre is Ibo.
If you check the background of Uche Okwuku he may likely be a son of one of them.
Re: Why Uche Okwukwu Would Remain Sec. Gen Ohaneze by sweetonugbu: 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2020
Rubbish
Re: Why Uche Okwukwu Would Remain Sec. Gen Ohaneze by chrisxxx(m): 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2020
sweetonugbu:
Rubbish
One of them.
Re: Why Uche Okwukwu Would Remain Sec. Gen Ohaneze by jimyjames(m): 12:53pm On Jan 16, 2020
chrisxxx:
There have been an outcry recently concerning a presumed Ikwerre man from Rivers State being Sec. General of Ohaneze. Ikwerre people have always vehemently denied they are Ibos.
However, he may not resign because he may be more Ibo than Ikwerre by ancestral trail.
Before the war Ikwerreland was under occupation by the Ibos to be specific the Arnu people we call them. I dont know if this name is same as Aro of Arochukwu. But generally in Ikwerreland the are called Arnu or simply Aru.
The Arnu people like I observed tended to be outscast or resented in Ikwerreland. They settled almost like the outskirts of any Ikwerreland they were then.
During the war, when it was obvious that Biafra would lose, they decided to escape back to Ibo mainland because of the atrocities they committed against the natives when Biafra was in control. 
Truly the Ikwerre and other minority ethnic groups in Rivers sought for revenge on them when it was obvious Biafra had lost.
Though like in every similar case, some of them were hidden by some merciful people around especially in Ikwerreland.
Their vestiges remain till date in Ikwerreland. They are treated as second class citizens even till today. You could verify this in places such as Isiokpo, Ozuoba, Elele and others.
If you check the background of Uche Okwuku he may likely be a son of one of them.

There is no outcry anywhere the ikweres have always being part of ohanaeze ndi Igbo since its creation in the 70s ikwere is an igbiod subgroup and noting can be done about it, even though FG constitutionally gave them a recognition as an ethic group of its own we know they are Igbo's
Re: Why Uche Okwukwu Would Remain Sec. Gen Ohaneze by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2020
chrisxxx:
[s]There have been an outcry recently concerning a presumed Ikwerre man from Rivers State being Sec. General of Ohaneze. Ikwerre people have always vehemently denied they are Ibos.
If you check the background of Uche Okwuku he may likely be a son of one of them[/s[.
Ikwerre attention seekers. You’ll never be at rest without involving us into your ethnic foolishness. OP mind your business and stop pocknosing into Igbo affair.
Uche Okukwu is Igbo business, we elected him into his hallowed position to represent Rivers Igbos in Ohaneze and that he has done very well. Rather than jump into Igbo matters, why don’t you focus on your Kalabari/Ikwerre issue or rather your Oba of Benin visit.
I thought by now, you lots would have began the Benin language and cultural renaissance in Ikwerre land. Remind us when you start bearing Osagie, Emotan, Osaigbovo etc and when you begin to observe the Igue festival. You guys should stop interfering into Igbo affairs, mind your business.
Re: Why Uche Okwukwu Would Remain Sec. Gen Ohaneze by jimyjames(m): 12:58pm On Jan 16, 2020
This is Solomon chukwu the new leader of massob he is an ikwere man

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Okwukwu Would Remain Sec. Gen Ohaneze by gidgiddy: 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2020
chrisxxx:

Uche Okwukwu has been Secretary General of Ohanaeze for almost 5 years now. So when did sudden outcry about his position happen?

And what is this about Ikwerre people vehemently denying being Igbo? Some Ikwerres say they are Igbo, others say they are not. An Ikwerre man like late Elechi Amadi says he is not Igbo, another Ikwerre man like former Governor Chibuike Amaechi says he is Igbo. What is important is that both Amadi and Amaechi have the two things that makes one to be Igbo, ancestral surname and ancestral language. No matter how much any Ikwerre denies being Igbo, he will never be able to explain why his ancestral language and surname are both Igbo.

Uche Okwukwu is a proud Ikwerre/Igbo man. His only problem is that he believes that Igbos must always be in the ruling party. Back when PDP was ruling, he did the same thing. Now APC is ruling, he wants all Igbos to be APC.

2 Likes

Re: Why Uche Okwukwu Would Remain Sec. Gen Ohaneze by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 16, 2020
chrisxxx:

First of all drop Igbo language you guys stole from us and are now bastardizing the language.

Secondly move towards changing your names to Benin names and avoid anything called red cap or Isiagu attire.

Move to normal Benin attire.

Then start intensive study of Benin language to fully consolidate.

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Okwukwu Would Remain Sec. Gen Ohaneze by chrisxxx(m): 1:17pm On Jan 16, 2020
jimyjames:

There is no outcry anywhere the ikweres have always being part of ohanaeze ndi Igbo since its creation in the 70s ikwere is an igbiod subgroup and noting can be done about it, even though FG constitutionally gave them a recognition as an ethic group of its own we know they are Igbo's
Tell me one gathering before the war and after the war Ikwerre people identified themselves as Ibos?
Re: Why Uche Okwukwu Would Remain Sec. Gen Ohaneze by Subduer: 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2020
The very 1st Secretary General of Ohaneze was a Rivers man.
Can anyone remember his name?
Re: Why Uche Okwukwu Would Remain Sec. Gen Ohaneze by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 16, 2020
chrisxxx:

Tell me one gathering before the war and after the war Ikwerre people identified themselves as Ibos?

Not necessary simply leave our ranks and go your way.

I only pity those supporting that Igbo hater WIKE.

Amaechi is far more good than him.

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Okwukwu Would Remain Sec. Gen Ohaneze by jimyjames(m): 1:25pm On Jan 16, 2020
chrisxxx:

Tell me what they ikwerres are doing in ohanaeze ndigbo a group meant for Igbo's and its igbiod subgroups
This is the president of ohanaeze ndigbo rivers state he is an ikwere man

Hon. Igochukwu Okparanma

(1) (Reply)

A Dictator In The Making / Why Mr President Should Not Sign Out The Federal Polytechnic, Delta To Ovie Omo- / Maidugiri Residents Boos Buhari As He Pays Sympathy Visit To The State (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.