Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Despite High Marks No Admission In Uniabuja – 2019 Jamb Utme Highest Scores - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Despite High Marks No Admission In Uniabuja – 2019 Jamb Utme Highest Scores (339 Views)

Yusuf Buhari Receives NYSC Certificate Despite Not Completing His Service Year? / NYSC 2018/ 2019 Jamb Regularisation/prospective Corpers / Best States For Nysc And The Highest Paying States For Nysc 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Despite High Marks No Admission In Uniabuja – 2019 Jamb Utme Highest Scores by Iamdavido30b: 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2020
Am still wondering and disturbed that someone who got 324 couldn’t secure admission into University of Abuja. Is so funny and unbelievable right? I never imagined such is possible, but guess what, I witnessed one, and the person in question here is my very own brother.
After scoring 324 in his (2019) Jamb, 33/50 in post-utme, and 3 A’s, 6 B’s in his WAEC (first sitting) while applying for Medicine into the institution, yet, the school denied him admission. Reasons for this denial is ridiculously still mysterious and unknown. Most schools I know like UI, UNN, UNIZIK to mention a few usually release criterias and cutoff marks, but in this case, there was non like that. And the most painful part of this is that for that same course, those with 290 and below were offered admission.
Life and Nigeria could be so funny; and am wondering what is it we are promoting in our institutions. Here is a student with an exceptional academic disposition, to even say he’s the best graduating student from one of the best science secondary school in South west, with several Scientific discovery and invention under his sleeve to be made public in due time, yet he’s a victim of this injustice is quite disturbing and unacceptable.
Given the fact that admission into Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria is without the knowledge and confirmation of Jamb begs alot of questions. Is it that they are not aware that probably one of their top fifty best score in 2019 couldn’t secure admission? Or is it that they choose to play to the gallery? All this and many more are questions that beg’s for answers.
With all this, there’s no way we will allow him face this injustice from his own dear nation. He won’t be rewriting Jamb, cause we’re not seeing any reasons for that. God knows why this was even possible in the first place, cause I myself am still in a state of shock; totally unbelievable.
Source: Toboscovilla Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Direction To Winners Family House Or Nccf Family House In Awka / Tips For Starting A New Profitable Business / FG Approved The Re-open Of Orientation Camps For The NYSC On 10 November.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.