Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun (4969 Views)

Garus Gololo: South-West’s Stand On Amotekun Could Cost Them 2023 Presidency / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity / Soyinka Slams Musa Balarabe Over Comment On Amotekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by Montracine: 4:44pm On Jan 16, 2020
FG taking fresh decision over Amotekun as wide protests trail Malami’s declaration

Presidency sources disclosed that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo may mediate in the disagreement between the FG and southwest states on the region's Amotekun security outfit
- The vice president may consider various angles to resolving the crises trailing the establishment of Amotekun
- One of such considerations is securing a resolution to give legal backing to the security outfit to operate a community policing system
- The sources say if the crisis is resolved, it means Amotekun would have a smooth operation complementing other security agencies
The federal government may take a fresh stand on 'Operation Amotekun', the southwest's security outfit launched in Ibadan, Oyo state recently,
Legit.ng has learned.
Leading the mediation that is being considered between the federal government and the southwest governors is Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, it was learned in the afternoon of Thursday, January 16.
One of the considerations being made is how to ensure that the outfit commences operation and run smooth operations without a clash of interest with other security agencies in the country.

Part of the resolutions, according to one of the sources, has to do with establishing a legal framework upon which the Amotekun was formed as well as its importance at what the southwest believe is a critical period.
The legal backing, one of the sources said, is for Amotekun to be transformed into a community policing policy of the federal government which the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) is making efforts to implement.
The source, who noted the importance of the resolution by the governors to adopt a strategy for the protection of lives and properties in the zone, expressed hope that at the end, a favourable resolution would be reached.
"The vice president supports this move by the southwest governors," the source said. "Remember he has always being in support of the creation of state police."
"I can tell you that he is working on an arrangement that would help resolve the issue and the governors and government reaching a common ground that would not only give a nod to Amotekun but also strengthen it."

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1293621-amotekun-osinbajo-mediate-fg-southwest-governors---sources.html?fbclid=IwAR3tNqirDtE8peIoyrwojnUZNc7wo3_v97NnEQ2A0nbv0gGFqKA0iQ1rVX4
Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by budaatum: 4:50pm On Jan 16, 2020
Na lie! Amotekun is either a wing of the police or it is illegal!

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by maynation(f): 4:59pm On Jan 16, 2020
budaatum:

When will you stop wailing?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by budaatum: 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2020
maynation:

When will you stop wailing?
When you stop paying for the data I wail with.

3 Likes

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by Escalze(m): 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2020
grin
Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by jantofubu(m): 5:07pm On Jan 16, 2020
You aint seen nothing yet... grin
Amotekun will survive
No caps

5 Likes

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by statusquoante: 5:07pm On Jan 16, 2020
I said it!

Simpletons were quoting and insulting me up and down in the other thread me .

We Yorubas are too smart to be caught offside... smiley

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2020
Presidency sources disclosed that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo may mediate in the disagreement between the FG and southwest states on the region's Amotekun security outfit

They have finally arranged the man to sweep the whole case under the rug..

1 Like

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by Miner13: 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2020
FG should decide the fate of sharia and hisbah 1st..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by BuhariAdvocate: 5:44pm On Jan 16, 2020
I know Mr president don't have hand in this matter. The i too know that surrounding the president are the one trying to stop this amotekun project.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by codedguy1(m): 5:53pm On Jan 16, 2020
grin cheesy
Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by carterguccy(m): 5:53pm On Jan 16, 2020
N
Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by carterguccy(m): 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
budaatum:
Bomb Dey your head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by budaatum: 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2020
carterguccy:

Bomb Dey your head
Definitely no Amotekun for you!
Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by carterguccy(m): 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2020
budaatum:

Definitely no Amotekun for you!

Ok, go ahead and ban Amotekun AGF Fulani herdsmen

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by helinues: 5:57pm On Jan 16, 2020
I think the Amotekun is just a power play amongst Buhari, Tinubu, Osinbajo and SW governors

We are watching as things unfold... Abiodun and Sanwo Olu deliberately ignored the inauguration of Amotekun

1 Like

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by codedguy1(m): 6:00pm On Jan 16, 2020
statusquoante:
I said it!

You better tell your people to open their eyes very well.

This one that they have made a sudden u turn, brought Osinbajo into it and are talking about a framework that they will insert one clause that will make it subject to miyetti Allah and police headed by a Fulani man is when you will know that you should not trust these guys, considering how they have been ruffled by the establishment of the amotekun outfit.

And then

Miner13:
FG should decide the fate of sharia and hisbah 1st..

They did nothing about this, especially hisbah its amotekun they want to do framework for.

Smh.

4 Likes

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by itsme01: 6:00pm On Jan 16, 2020
cool

Amotekun ship don sail tey tey... Criminals should start behaving themselves in Yoruba land

Wether Evans the kidnapper or Danladi the killer herdsman, una don meet una match with guns and Otoromokpia

Even Malami was scared when our lawyers started pulling out legal defence challenging his position

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by Iamgrey5(m): 6:00pm On Jan 16, 2020
helinues:
I think the Amotekun is just a power play amongst Buhari, Tinubu, Osinbajo and SW governors

We are watching as things unfold... Abiodun and Sanwo Olu deliberately ignored the inauguration of Amotekun
No it's really about securing lives

You only get a clearer picture when you travel around the villages in the southwest.

They really want this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by budaatum: 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2020
carterguccy:

Ok, go ahead and ban Amotekun AGF Fulani herdsmen

No be me go ban am. Naija get too much sense than to allow states to set up their own militia.

But I guess you too busy playing with weenies to understand that.
Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by PDJT: 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2020
-Because questions are now being asked about their Shariah and Hisbah? grin Ndi’ara.

-I have always been of an opinion, those Nigerians seeking restructuring should focus their arguments on their “fear” and dissatisfaction about Sharia law in the Rogue North. Only then will they make a headway in their restructuring quest.

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by helinues: 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2020
Iamgrey5:
No it's really about securing lives

You only get a clearer picture when you travel around the villages in the southwest.

They really want this

Are you missing the power play?

Are Osibanjo, Tinubu, Buhari feigning ignorance of the plans of Amotekun before launching?

Amotekun is like cold beer in a sunny day but some people are playing politics about it...

Fayemi has not been on the same side with Tinubu and Osibanjo after winning his second term election..
Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by Emmanuelhector(m): 6:06pm On Jan 16, 2020
Fake news
Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by statusquoante: 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2020
codedguy1:

You better tell your people to open their eyes very well.

This one that they have made a sudden u turn, brought Osinbajo into it and are talking about a framework that they will insert one clause that will make it subject to miyetti Allah and police headed by a Fulani man is when you will know that you should not trust these guys, considering how they have been ruffled by the establishment of the amotekun outfit.

And then

They did nothing about this, especially hisbah its amotekun they want to do framework for.

Smh.

Be rest assured all the operatives will be natives. But they will need to work hand in hand with the police to avoid abuse and illegality.

Hisbah will also be looked into. Every state may eventually set up theirs.
Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by babyfaceafrica: 6:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
helinues:

Are you missing the power play?

Are Osibanjo, Tinubu, Buhari feigning ignorance of the plans of Amotekun before launching?

Amotekun is like cold beer in a sunny day but some people are playing politics about it...

Fayemi has not been on the same side with Tinubu and Osibanjo after winning his second term election..

Conspiracy theory everywhere.. Tueh
Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by VegaJack: 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
cool

Amotekun ship don sail tey tey... Criminals should start behaving themselves in Yoruba land

Wether Evans the kidnapper or Danladi the killer herdsman, una don meet una match with guns and Otoromokpia

Even Malami was scared when our lawyers started pulling out legal defence challenging his position

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by Racoon(m): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2020
[s]
BuhariAdvocate:
I know Mr president don't have hand in this matter. The i too know that surrounding the president are the one trying to stop this amotekun project.
[/s] Making excuses for the incompetent & irresponsible President as usual right? Then he has no business being there because he is the head.

He is the C-in-C, so appointed the AGF hence should be answerable for any decision of this nature taken by him or anyone surrounding him.Stop insulting the sensibility of reasonable Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by BuhariAdvocate: 7:03pm On Jan 16, 2020
As any decision make yet?
Racoon:
[s][/s] Making excuses for the incompetent & irresponsible President as usual right? He is the C-in-C.He appointed the AGF hence should be answerable for any decision of this nature taken by him.
Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by chubinwa(m): 7:10pm On Jan 16, 2020
Buhari trying all he can to create a free mobility for his Fulani brothers to continue to unleash their mayhem to the poor farmers. Yorubas should stand their ground on this one. If they nichodemosly chicken out, then their cowardice will be amplified

1 Like

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by Blue3k(m): 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2020
The legal backing, one of the sources said, is for Amotekun to be transformed into a community policing policy of the federal government which the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) is making efforts to implement.

They're essentially going to be under the control of NPF ergo Buhari. They just take their pay checks from their state governments. One day we'll get passed all these half measures and just amend the constitution. Any tier of government should be allowed to form its own police force and maintain it own prisons.

“So, Operation Amotekun is largely an intelligence outfit, they will not bear arms. Those we are engaging have knowledge of the local terrain, the culture and the language of our people which can assist the police and other security agencies.”

Chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF), Dr. Kayode Fayemi
statusquoante:
I said it!

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 16, 2020
what? there is no going back! Regional police is the way to go!

you have hisbah, you don't want Yoruba's to protect their self with regional security,

why are you against the security of life in Yoruba land?

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes New Decision On Amotekun by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 16, 2020
we what to be able to enter bush and face the kidnappers and the farm destroyer! nothing less!!!

the government has failed! we will turn to leopards and bee and hunt them.

keep your guns , we dont need them.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland / Kwara State House Should Vote On Changing Royal Title Of Ilorin To OBA / Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.