Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election (3730 Views)

Imo APC Primaries For Senatorial, Governorship, House Of Representatives (Photos / Osun Rerun Election Results: Live Updates As Collation Of Results Begins / Osun Governorship Rerun Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 17, 2020
Ahead of the January 25, 2020 Rerun Election for the Akwa Ibom North-West Senatorial District, the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC, has replaced Senator Godswill Obot Akpabio with Rt Hon. Obongemem Ekperikpe Ekpo as the Senatorial Candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC for the Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District rerun election.
Recalled that the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio had voluntarily withdrawn from the Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District rerun election. He had earlier requested his Political Party, the All Progressive Congress APC to forward name of another Senatorial candidate to INEC for the forthcoming rerun.
ThebAppeal Court had earlier ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC to conduct a rerun election in Essien Udim Local Government Area within 90 days from the date of Judgement to determine the real winner of the Akwa Ibom North-West Senatorial District election held on 23rd of February, 2019.
The Minister in a letter addressed to the National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole and dated 2nd of December, 2019, explained that as a Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, he was already saddled with a major assignment on behalf of the people of his State, the South-South Zone and Nigeria as a country.
Consequently, Senator Ekpenyong who was returned as the winner by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, will be contesting the rerun election with Obongemem Ekperikpe Ekpo, the All Progressive Congress APC Candidate for the repeat poll in Essien Udim, one of the 10 LGAs of the zone to determine the winner.

Source : http://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/47ec47982429d23d647a2829d9dd444c?client=news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 17, 2020
cheating!

is this not cheating?

to me this is just like the referee allowing your opponent to replace the boxer you have already beaten with another fresh boxer in round 6 after the boxer gassed out with a broken jaw.

Nigerians , what do you think?

7 Likes

Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 17, 2020
that means APC can even use INEC to cancel election results where they lost and keep presenting fresh opponent for rerun until they win, or what is going on here?
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by budaatum: 12:26am On Jan 17, 2020
payperpost:
cheating!

is this not cheating?

to me this is just like the referee allowing your opponent to replace the boxer you have already beaten with another fresh boxer in round 6 after the boxer gassed out with a broken jaw.

Nigerians , what do you think?

It's allowed. This is not a boxing match where you tire, but an election, on karufiness.

I feel it might be bad for APC if the replacement doesn't have the karufi of the replaced. We shall see.
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by Sirjamo: 2:18am On Jan 17, 2020
Same situation that produced Yahaya Bello. Somebody needs to shred the 1999 constitution and write a new one, if he doesn't have a pen, I would give him one!!
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by chukel(m): 4:00am On Jan 17, 2020
This isn't right.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by complexBoss12: 4:08am On Jan 17, 2020
why?
The man who filed the case, is no longer interested, so under what law is INEC replacing him, or was it INEC that filed the case of electoral malpractice?
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by petnuel(m): 4:09am On Jan 17, 2020
Nigeria.

Ojoro.

When Akpabio notified INEC of his withdrawal from the race, the commission reject his request to substitute himself with another person on technicalities.

What really happened? How come INEC has now changed??
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by youngestuk(m): 4:12am On Jan 17, 2020
I swear, I don tire for this country. Smh
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by Racoon(m): 4:27am On Jan 17, 2020
False! APC does not have a candidate for that election since Akpabio withdraw from the race.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 17, 2020
budaatum:

It's allowed. This is not a boxing match where you tire, but an election, on karufiness.

I feel it might be bad for APC if the replacement doesn't have the karufi of the replaced. We shall see.

its allowed? how?

allowed to change boxer in the middle of a contest after a knock out?

Akpabio fought round 1 to 6, then another ApC candidate will fight the final rounds? I just don't get this at all, seem Nigeria is upside down.
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by Randy100: 9:23am On Jan 17, 2020
This is a false news. INEC stated categorically that APC won't be presenting a new candidate. This can only happen if Akpabio is dead and he is not.
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by sweetonugbu: 9:24am On Jan 17, 2020
Fake news, but with inec everything is possible
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by Hyperchi(m): 10:24am On Jan 17, 2020
Sirjamo:
Same situation that produced Yahaya Bello. Somebody needs to shred the 1999 constitution and write a new one, if he doesn't have a pen, I would give him one!!

yaya own is quite different from this,
dis is making the constitution to favour one party.
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by kayusely70(m): 10:30am On Jan 17, 2020
Sirjamo:
I Agree With U, Some Sections Of The Electoral Act Should Also Be Amended Or Expunged
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 17, 2020
sweetonugbu:
Fake news, but with inec everything is possible

it better be false news from Opera then, we saw what happened in IMO where they forth position automatically became the governor after the judgement by the supreme court of APC
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by freeze001(f): 11:22am On Jan 17, 2020
INEC Clearly stated that Akpabio cannot be replaced and even the Electoral Act disqualifies any person who has not gone through the entire process of an election cycle. The window/date for submission/replacement of names has long closed so what is this news? It better be untrue!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/12/16/inec-apc-cant-replace-akpabio-for-akwa-ibom-rerun/amp/

https://www.nairaland.com/5583820/inec-apc-cant-replace-akpabio
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by Stillthebest: 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2020
kiss

Nigeria currently a failed Lord lugard's project.
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 17, 2020
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by luluosas(m): 1:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
What if APC wins? Would it be accepted by all the parties involved?
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by codedguy1(m): 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2020
Na wa oo. I can't even call it fake news because everything is possible in Nigeria.
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by Tookool(m): 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2020
This is not true. I'm from Essien Udim LGA where the election holds on the 25 and there's no such thing
Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
Tookool:
This is not true. I'm from Essien Udim LGA where the election holds on the 25 and there's no such thing

Thank You, that means OPERA NEWS ARE FALSE NEWS

1 Like

Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by Kennyprince: 2:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
complexBoss12:
why?
The man who filed the case, is no longer interested, so under what law is INEC replacing him, or was it INEC that filed the case of electoral malpractice?
Oga shut up. That same man didn't file the case as an individual alone, his party also did.

So if he is no longer interested, what about the political party?

1 Like

Re: INEC Replaces Akpabio With Ekperikpe Ekpo For Senatorial Rerun Election by budaatum: 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2020
payperpost:
that means APC can even use INEC to cancel election results where they lost and keep presenting fresh opponent for rerun until they win, or what is going on here?
Come see o, payper. It seems INEC agrees with you and not with me!

EmmanuelNwo:
BREAKING: Akpabio In Trouble As INEC rejects APC'S substitution of Candidate in Essien Udim re-run

See full details here
http://www.nigeriantelegraph.com/2020/01/breaking-akpabio-in-trouble-as-inec.html

(1) (Reply)

Jubilation As Chadian Soldiers Return Home After Mission / See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) / Incoming First Lady Of Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.