Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) (3659 Views)

Owambe People Have Finished Nigeria (picture) / Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids / Aisha Buhari Lands In Nigeria (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by iluvdonjazzy: 1:09pm On May 07, 2020
I discovered Nigeria has the capacity to generate about 15,000MW of electricity, so how come we are not having 24 hours power supply.

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by iluvdonjazzy: 1:11pm On May 07, 2020
Ihovbor Benin City with 450MW.

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by kettykings: 1:11pm On May 07, 2020
please where is Egbin getting its gas supply since it is a gas fired plant
Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by iluvdonjazzy: 1:13pm On May 07, 2020
More

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by iluvdonjazzy: 1:15pm On May 07, 2020
Egbin

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by iluvdonjazzy: 1:16pm On May 07, 2020
Aba

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by Sammy07: 1:18pm On May 07, 2020
There is one in Oshogbo also.
Help by posting the pics

1 Like

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by iluvdonjazzy: 1:18pm On May 07, 2020
Ogun

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by Sunshineg5(m): 1:18pm On May 07, 2020
Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by iluvdonjazzy: 1:20pm On May 07, 2020
Imo

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by jodeci(m): 1:23pm On May 07, 2020
Where is Alaoji power plant aba?
Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 07, 2020
Tssd
Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by Sammy07: 1:32pm On May 07, 2020
I don't know how much Osun generates but Osun also has five sub-stations.

At least, my stay last year, I enjoyed an average of 16 - 20hrs available light in Osun State

2 Likes

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by theenchanter: 1:35pm On May 07, 2020
Sammy07:

At least, my stay last year, I enjoyed an average of 16 - 20hrs available light in Osun State
osun state doesn't have any power station, they don't generate power in osun state.

I think TCN only has a central facility for power distribution in osun state.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by Jamesbiodun(m): 1:36pm On May 07, 2020
With all this power plant, we still have dilapidated light

4 Likes

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by Staro: 1:40pm On May 07, 2020

Meanwhile, the PDP govts of OBJ and GEJ built all these power plants
( except Shiroro, Jebba, Kainji and Egbin )

The PDP govts also developed Abuja to what it is today. Almost all the
major expressways, bridges and new cities within the FCT were done by
OBJ and GEJ

The Buhari govt has failed to build a single power plant nor completed any
major infrastructural project within Abuja

Well done OBJ, well done GEJ

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by hargbolahan01: 1:42pm On May 07, 2020
one of the problem we have in power problem is that we can't transmit all the power by TCN a govt owned company can't transport the power due to no infastruture....if govt can privatize the sector and bring regulatory body like NERC and FCCPC to protect consumer and the investment... we will see good power reform in 4-5 years but what we have been hearing is unending loan without anything to show

1 Like

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by 9icest: 1:42pm On May 07, 2020
The power plants have been shared by the diesel and generator importing cabals. I won’t mention names but we all know them. I mean how can a reasonable government sell a power plant to a man who owns an oil company? That is what we call clash of interest but in Nigeria, anything goes as long as you have cash. Make i go sleep I need been start hustling so I can buy Aso Rock and put my own idyot into power

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by Sammy07: 1:51pm On May 07, 2020
theenchanter:
osun state doesn't have any power station, they don't generate power in osun state.

I think TCN only has a central facility for power distribution in osun state.

Oh, alright.
Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by chozzy: 1:56pm On May 07, 2020
Staro:

Meanwhile, the PDP govts of OBJ and GEJ built all these power plants
( except Shiroro, Jebba, Kainji and Egbin )

The PDP govts also developed Abuja to what it is today. Almost all the
major expressways, bridges and new cities within the FCT were done by
OBJ and GEJ

The Buhari govt has failed to build a single power plant nor completed any
major infrastructural project within Abuja

Well done OBJ, well done GEJ

Our ethno-religious president does not count Abuja as a core Northern city.
He has never won elections in Abuja and to him, Abuja is IPOB or part of the 5%.

2 Likes

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 07, 2020
jodeci:
No. 22
Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by ThatFairGuy: 2:05pm On May 07, 2020
Even if 15000mw is generated, it can supply a 24hours uninterrupted Power supply for all and sundry due to our population. If I still get the figures right, barely 50000mw of power is generated for South African who's not half of our population. We still have a long way to go
iluvdonjazzy:
I discovered Nigeria has the capacity to generate about 15,000MW of electricity, so how come we are not having 24 hours power supply.
Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by iluvdonjazzy: 2:27pm On May 07, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Even if 15000mw is generated, it can supply a 24hours uninterrupted Power supply for all and sundry due to our population. If I still get the figures right, barely 50000mw of power is generated for South African who's not half of our population. We still have a long way to go
if they are distributing just 3000MW now and we still dey get light small small, then if they distribute 10 to 15 thousand MW at least we will get up to 18 hours light a day.
Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by iluvdonjazzy: 2:28pm On May 07, 2020
LALASTICLALA please push to front page.
Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by lanre80(m): 2:34pm On May 07, 2020
Sammy07:

Osun houses what is called national grid. All power generated across the country is donated to the national grid. The national grid is in turn responsible for transmitting to different part of country.
Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by iluvdonjazzy: 2:34pm On May 07, 2020
jodeci:
up there
Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by iluvdonjazzy: 2:39pm On May 07, 2020
Grgton:
No. 22
is Ihovbor Benin, count the pictures.
Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by chozzy: 3:14pm On May 07, 2020
9icest:
The power plants have been shared by the diesel and generator importing cabals. I won’t mention names but we all know them. I mean how can a reasonable government sell a power plant to a man who owns an oil company? That is what we call clash of interest but in Nigeria, anything goes as long as you have cash. Make i go sleep I need been start hustling so I can buy Aso Rock and put my own idyot into power

I don't understand ... Oga, how is it a clash of interest to own an oil company and a power plant ?

By the way, if you're talking about Femi Otedola, he has since sold off his stakes in Forte Oil
Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by okeyglm: 3:17pm On May 07, 2020
Where is Enugu coal power generation?

1 Like

Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by chozzy: 3:21pm On May 07, 2020
Jamesbiodun:
With all this power plant, we still have dilapidated light

No gas supply.

OBJ and GEJ built the power plants. I thought the Buhari govt would at least commence a gas pipeline to the plants but no, he is
busy sharing billions to his kinsmen
Re: See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) by oyatz(m): 3:33pm On May 07, 2020
Restructuring is the answer.

Each State should generate, transmit and distribute it's own electricity.

States that can't should buy from States that can do so or they should be in darkness.

hargbolahan01:
one of the problem we have in power problem is that we can't transmit all the power by TCN a govt owned company can't transport the power due to no infastruture....if govt can privatize the sector and bring regulatory body like NERC and FCCPC to protect consumer and the investment... we will see good power reform in 4-5 years but what we have been hearing is unending loan without anything to show

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos PDP Names Disciplinary Members To Look Into Allegations, Impropriety / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill Two STF Policemen In Jos / FLASH: The Otuoke Water Project Was Built By GEJ -video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.