Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,639 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) (26603 Views)

John Terry And Roberto Carlos Arrive Lagos For Exhibition Game / Saudi Arabia Hosts First WWE Women’s Match / Aliko Dangote Hosts Anthony Joshua On His ₦15b Luxury Yacht (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by Horus(m): 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FX1CSjdLTg

American Football gains traction in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by overlord77: 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2020
Jamesilvar:
See these fools!! When the concussions and head injuries start raining in, I hope you can afford the treatment.
Copy copy kee una dia

Tell them cos they like to copy everything. Ordinary malaria and typhoid, our hospitals can't handle let alone head injuries and concussions.

My advise, "don't play if you have no personal capability of getting treatment abroad"

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by tityboi: 4:24pm On Jan 18, 2020
Really
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by MrigweC(m): 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2020
Irabor my man I see you. Kudos
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by Horus(m): 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xEFFGDvUiE

American football: Nigeria is slow but gradual rise in the sport
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by Kroos8: 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2020
Discombulator:

American football is not even half as valuable as football, so stop this American own everything propaganda,all of NFL rakes in arond $8billion+ yearly while the premier league rakes in $5bn + and we have hundreds of leagues in football do the maths.
Football also have 10times larger viewer and fan base
So don't compare the two.
And those companies you're referring to sell all over the world,they don't sell their goods to only Americans

You're right on this. But America disagrees lol
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2020
Jamesilvar:
See these fools!! When the concussions and head injuries start raining in, I hope you can afford the treatment.
Copy copy kee una dia

They should see the movie "Concussion" by Will Smith
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by Horus(m): 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVRop3qALfc

Coach Emeka teaching American football in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by ipledge6: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2020
joshuaakindele7:
American football is a very lucrative sport. Far more lucrative than football. As at today, American Football is the highest grossing sport in the world. The Dallas Cowboys of the USA is the richest sport club in the world with net-worth value of $5billion. Only real Madrid came close with $4billion. I am certain Nigeria will definitely profit from this sport if we look into it.
its because everything is inflated, and America football is like a culture in USA. I like America football so much and I always wonder why it’s not popular around the world. The equipment are expensive.you can’t just gather few people and starts playing because of its high injury risk. Rugby is far less expensive with, we can start with that
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by Ykc2(m): 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
Starboytwo:
imagine person nack you elbow for throat, and the medicals dey bring pure water
grin grin grin you dey mind them ?
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by JediB(f): 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
Here we go again, borrowing the harvest, before imbibing the principles of planting and cultivating. Today, the number of athletes abandoned by Nigeria for career ending injuries are increasing. Yet these greedy (how to make more money) and ego driven (bragging rights - we brought football to Nigeria) people are not considering the facts just the wealth and prestige. In America, this sport has killed many an athlete off and on the field, a close second to boxing. You want to bring football to Nigeria, at least, go and copy the medical back up system they provide when players get hurt and replicate it...
It is unfortunate
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by Shattuck(m): 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2020
joshuaakindele7:
American football is a very lucrative sport. Far more lucrative than football. As at today, American Football is the highest grossing sport in the world. The Dallas Cowboys of the USA is the richest sport club in the world with net-worth value of $5billion. Only real Madrid came close with $4billion. I am certain Nigeria will definitely profit from this sport if we look into it.
football/soccer is still the highest grossing sport in the world, the NFL is the highest grossing league in the world,you can't compare football to american football, a game that is barely played outside america
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by Jerrick(m): 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:

Haq Haq Haq
Hahahahaha
Lols
LMAO
LWKMD

Lagos Leads in American Football !!!!!

Please .....
ODe, Lagos dey America??
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by fegori: 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
Nice one
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by CaptMarvel(m): 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2020
This is lovely, I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2020
Discombulator:
The world cup is viewed by more than a billion people.

even though they are still way bigger than american football, the numbers are debatable....but a Fifa-commissioned review of World Cup viewing says the final's television audience was 516.6 million for the last wc, and 560M for the one before....
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by puremaker7(m): 10:50pm On Jan 18, 2020
I pity these peoples if concusion set in, Nigerian hospital that cant treat ordinary snake bites.
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by chiboy1116: 1:43am On Jan 19, 2020
joshuaakindele7:
we haven't done well in the most popular sport , and u expect us to do well in American football?
Re: Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos) by Kolping: 5:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
Bennet Ifeakandu Omalu (born September 30, 1968) is a Nigerian-American physician, forensic pathologist, and neuropathologist who was the first to discover and publish findings of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) in American football players while working at the Allegheny County coroner's office in Pittsburgh. He later became the chief medical examiner for San Joaquin County, California, and is a professor at the University of California, Davis, department of medical pathology and laboratory medicine.

Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) is a neurodegenerative disease caused by repeated head injuries. Symptoms may include behavioral problems, mood problems, and problems with thinking. Symptoms typically do not begin until years after the injuries. CTE often gets worse over time and can result in dementia.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-doctor-the-nfl-tried-to-silence-1448399061?mod=e2tw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bennet_Omalu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Betting Is After MY LIFE / Top 3 Unbelievable Nigeria Football Comebacks - Which Was Your Favorite? / Winners Of African Player Of The Year Award From 1992 To Present (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.