Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G (38387 Views)

Difference Between 4G Mobile And Residential Proxies / See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! / What’s The Difference Between 3G, 4G And LTE? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by Devops: 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2020
lanrex101:
Using 5G network connection is pretty sweet and superb but the side effect is considerably dangerous to some extent due to radiation.
who told you that??
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by tityboi: 5:08pm On Jan 18, 2020
Oh
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by themanderon: 6:14pm On Jan 18, 2020
We have not even experienced the full potential of 3G and now 5G is here. I wonder when all these technological rat race will end. Probably when humanity self destructs.
Our lives now seems to be tied to technology but have we ever considered the disaster that will befall humanity if all fails worldwide?
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by Rhea(f): 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2020
Macsjebs:

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/17/tech/5g-technical-explainer/index.html

To summarise, the difference between 4G and 5G is

5G - 4G = 1G
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2020
Rhea:

To summarise, the difference between 4G and 5G is
5G - 4G = 1G
Lollll, that 1G is a whole lot u know
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by Rhea(f): 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2020
Macsjebs:

Lollll, that 1G is a whole lot u know

Absolutely. Beats dial-up any day
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by Abithel: 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2020
We don't need 5G here, only the ignoramus will see it as the best thing after shawarma. It's adverse effect on the environment and human bio-system is terrible, as in its better than being inside of a microwave oven compared to a 5G antenna laced environment.
Does its irreparable damage to life exceed the speed we think we need.
Wise nations like Israel and some others are not even contemplating of adopting it.
Wise Up, don't fall into their trap Nigerians.
No 5G here.
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2020
lanrex101:

5G network generates radiofrequency radiation that can damage DNA and also lead to cancer.
Oga ur phones and laptop produce radiowaves or radio frequency, if they cause Cancer am sure all of us would be long Dead. 5g is not the first technology to produce radiowaves neither will it be the last. Like I earlier said we are already expose to these waves but we cannot see them because of the wavelength.
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2020
Abithel:
We don't need 5G here, only the ignoramus will see it as the best thing after shawarma. It's adverse effect on the environment and human bio-system is terrible, as in its better than being inside of a microwave oven compared to a 5G antenna laced environment.
Does its irreparable damage to life exceed the speed we think we need.
Wise nations like Israel and some others are not even contemplating of adopting it.
Wise Up, don't fall into their trap Nigerians.
No 5G here.
Lies
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 18, 2020
lanrex101:
Using 5G network connection is pretty sweet and superb but the side effect is considerably dangerous to some extent due to radiation.
Do u guys even know what radiation means. We are already expose to billions of electromagnetic waves just because we don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist. How do u think communication is possible without these radiations. They are pretty harmless.
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by MWAD(m): 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2020
Why this long essay because of difference between 4G and 5G ?... Just answer me..
If you have something meaningful engaging with, I don't think you would time to be writing this Yeye essay.
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by Stallion93(m): 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
Mods please filter out news like this:
Too advance for even the most intelligent Nigerian resident in Nigeria.
Most of us don’t even know how easily accessible, cheap and unlimited internet services are abroad, we are still counting our mbs here and you’re talking about 5G.
Abeg, We still don’t have 12 hours electricity daily self undecided
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by olax02(m): 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2020
Hope GLO are listening.. grin
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by olax02(m): 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2020
Hope GLO are listening..

Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by iyandaoluwaoba: 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
I always look at things like this from another view. After I read through the op's thread, I was expecting to see like 70-80 likes. I was surprised to see less than 20 likes, which shows the large majority of the users of this site are either unintelligent or unconcerned. If this thread bothers on davido and Tonto. You sure know what happens to such threads. Nobody is thinking how to tap into this new tech the much intelligent white race are gifting us. All we think is consumption.
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by MartinsD12(m): 8:49pm On Jan 18, 2020
Macsjebs:

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/17/tech/5g-technical-explainer/index.html
3G is yet to normalize not to talk of 4G that is on available on selected locations in the country Nigeria
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by Nikkiminaj: 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2020
Jotting Things Down
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by sprints1: 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2020
Both battery and data drainers
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by lanrex101: 10:33pm On Jan 18, 2020
MrTruth4real:

Do u guys even know what radiation means. We are already expose to billions of electromagnetic waves just because we don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist. How do u think communication is possible without these radiations. They are pretty harmless.
Kk
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by sharone21(f): 1:59am On Jan 19, 2020
Realdeals:
Many are yet to acquire 4G devices, 5G is already here. We will soon be hustling to upgrade our phones to remain compliant.

Just buy an unlocked mifi for N10000+.....it allows up to 8 internet users, so you can share cost.
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by sharone21(f): 2:03am On Jan 19, 2020
iyandaoluwaoba:
I always look at things like this from another view. After I read through the op's thread, I was expecting to see like 70-80 likes. I was surprised to see less than 20 likes, which shows the large majority of the users of this site are either unintelligent or unconcerned. If this thread bothers on davido and Tonto. You sure know what happens to such threads. Nobody is thinking how to tap into this new tech the much intelligent white race are gifting us. All we think is consumption.

Don't look at the number of LIKES but the number of VIEWS.
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by linearity: 4:20am On Jan 19, 2020
5G implementations is mainly theoretical, the speed advantages quoted are only possible, when a single UE device is connected to the cell site, but we know that is not practical.

I see 5G applications to be very limited, yes you will get your driverless car, of what is such a car, if I can drive it from eg NYC to Atlantic City merely because it will be cost prohibitive for the telcos to install cell site on every inch of the road...even in most stretch of these roads you don’t have full 4G, you are knock down to 3G and sometimes 2G and we think telcos will take a quantum leap and install 5G cells all the way so that you have a driverless car?

Telco don’t care if you can down a 2000g movie in 10s, their bottom line is; can you pay for it? They wouldn’t just give you the capacity to make life easy for you, only if you can pay....and the average internet user would prefer to watch their movie ‘as is’ now, if you tell them they have to pay three times more for a faster downlink speed.

I see 5G applications more in AI, special application, network computing devices, etc..for the rest of the public 3G is not going anywhere any soon.
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by linearity: 4:46am On Jan 19, 2020
iyandaoluwaoba:

Maybe because, 5G is all much ado about nothing, for most user 3G is going to remain the mainstay.

5G is all about hype; it’s like Kim kardashian; everyone will hype and admire her from afar, but only Kayne get to take her home aka few limited applications....last last Chioma aka 3G is our sure bet....read my previous post on this.
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by sofiscatedmoron: 7:37am On Jan 19, 2020
storey,, in Nigeria 4g speed is equivalent to oyibo 3g speed
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by Illusioneffect(m): 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
lanrex101:
Radiation..... Great point but know one cares anymore about that
Re: The Big Differences Between 4G And 5G by lanrex101: 1:34pm On Jan 19, 2020
Illusioneffect:

Radiation..... Great point but know one cares anymore about that
You're right bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Common Birds In Nigeria / Nigerian Student Builds Solar-powered Car / 'Earth's Evil Twin': NASA Heading To Venus For First Time In 30 Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.