Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked - Career (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked (59758 Views)

Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos) / Riots: Indians Accused Of Molesting Female Workers In Atiku's Company In Yola / I Just Got Sacked Became Of Wizkid's Music. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Karlifate: 11:10am On Jan 18, 2020
Forced conversation, forced friendship, forced caring etc. Infact, anything forced will always give you problem.

Always remember that. kiss

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:10am On Jan 18, 2020
Brightgem:
Whether truy or false. This is how some people's new year has started on a bad note.

This story seems unlikely or some missing pieces...

You've never met the girl before and she just chose to turn you to the enemy and set you up?

You asked her to eat once that was enough, why be persistent.

You never ever get into someone's physical space too closely or even touch them, nooo, you don't do that, except na your paddy.

Please why did you kneel to start begging o, begging and begging as if you were guilty of something. Once you are not guilty of something, you supposed fit talk with your chest na.

You acted like you were guilty, that's if truly you didn't touch her inappropriately.

Good luck in your future search.

i am getting to realise dat i shouldn't hav knelt down, but the screamings nd d circumstance were beyond my control
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:14am On Jan 18, 2020
Psoul:

If what you wrote here is true, then know this:
Ur madam had planned to replace you with a new person this year.
She does not know hw to sack you or tell you she doesn't want to work with u any longer
The best way is to set u up with her housemaid.
She was instructed to make trouble and accuse u if u dare comes close to her.

If you had not gone close to that girl, she would've do something that will still make her accuse you of one thing or the other just to rope u into what u are not guilty of.

i am tinkin in dat direction too, tanx
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by livebyday(m): 11:16am On Jan 18, 2020
arukwe123:
smiley I'm a guy o.

Yurk

grin

It's all good
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by alizma: 11:17am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:
6th of January 2020 is the day I won’t forget. I work as a personal assistant/secretary to my boss who happens to be a former politician.

My boss came to work with her housemaid for her to help in sweeping, cleaning and tidying up the office being the resumption day. She instructed us on how to go about it before she stepped out from the office promising to come back in the afternoon.

We started the work immediately until afternoon time when I decided to rest and eat. While eating I beckoned the grown up housemaid to come and eat or at least rest before she continues the cleaning but she declined. After like an hour, I told her to rest small, she declined yet again. This prompted me to go close to her in order to convince her to eat something or rest.

My worst mistake and nightmare was attempting to put my hand on her shoulder in my stupid bid to convince her. Immediately my hand touched her shoulder she started shouting continuously that I want to rape her, that she will deal with me; in fact that I will get sacked. At first I told her my intention, but she wouldn’t hear me, I then resorted to pleading, I even knelt down begging her that it wasn’t my intention to rape or grab her. She couldn’t stand my talks and pleading, she called the boss immediately telling her that I want to rape her. We narrated everything to the boss, (a lawyer), when she returned. After hearing from us she said she has stayed with her maid for couple of years, thus she trust her, and it may be true that I wanted to rape her or lure her for sex. She couldn’t see my explanation, pleadings and even crying. She said she has two options; either to call police for me or to sack me. That’s how she later sacked me that day.

I have been devastated and depressed since that day, not because of the sack but the allegation and accusation that was not even on my mind. The worst is that as an introvert I have no one to talk to, I am damn down.

Notes: 1. I have no intention of raping, grabbing or having sex with her
2. I will not be so stupid to rape or have sex with the housemaid in the office knowing that the boss will come at any time
3. I have not raped anyone or plan to do so in the future because I know is morally and legally wrong.
One thing I have observe in life is to let your kindness stop at given/offering(if you have it) people what they need and asked for. By law, you can never know what is best for someone more than he/she knows. So wait for them to ask, at worst stop after your first offer is rejected.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Isoduwa(m): 11:17am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:
6th of January 2020 is the day I won’t forget. I work as a personal assistant/secretary to my boss who happens to be a former politician.

My boss came to work with her housemaid for her to help in sweeping, cleaning and tidying up the office being the resumption day. She instructed us on how to go about it before she stepped out from the office promising to come back in the afternoon.

We started the work immediately until afternoon time when I decided to rest and eat. While eating I beckoned the grown up housemaid to come and eat or at least rest before she continues the cleaning but she declined. After like an hour, I told her to rest small, she declined yet again. This prompted me to go close to her in order to convince her to eat something or rest.

My worst mistake and nightmare was attempting to put my hand on her shoulder in my stupid bid to convince her. Immediately my hand touched her shoulder she started shouting continuously that I want to rape her, that she will deal with me; in fact that I will get sacked. At first I told her my intention, but she wouldn’t hear me, I then resorted to pleading, I even knelt down begging her that it wasn’t my intention to rape or grab her. She couldn’t stand my talks and pleading, she called the boss immediately telling her that I want to rape her. We narrated everything to the boss, (a lawyer), when she returned. After hearing from us she said she has stayed with her maid for couple of years, thus she trust her, and it may be true that I wanted to rape her or lure her for sex. She couldn’t see my explanation, pleadings and even crying. She said she has two options; either to call police for me or to sack me. That’s how she later sacked me that day.

I have been devastated and depressed since that day, not because of the sack but the allegation and accusation that was not even on my mind. The worst is that as an introvert I have no one to talk to, I am damn down.

2. I will not be so stupid to rape or have sex with the housemaid in the office knowing that the boss will come at any time
3. I have not raped anyone or plan to do so in the future because I know is morally and legally wrong.

You are a learner

Go and tell your boss your own lies

Let me help you
Tell your Madame say na the girl bring deal come say make Una kill Madame collect everything travel out of the country then you ask her how? She ask you to buy sniper so that she can put it inside Madame food you were surprise by her action immediately you refuse her offer the next thing she started shouting rape rape rape

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by BREYZ: 11:22am On Jan 18, 2020
Cheer up bruh!
Put yourself together and get a new job, God will fight for u when the time is right bruh! God has better plans for you , always know that.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Surfacebaba: 11:22am On Jan 18, 2020
you are a fool my guy,person no wan eat u dey false am
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Pauladex(m): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2020
Agreed you put one hand on her shoulde, where was the second hand ? Hope not on your trouser zip.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by AntiWailer: 11:22am On Jan 18, 2020
Snapchat:

Let me tell you my personal experience when i was a teenager. I was about 15 going on 16, but I was already out of secondary school and working.

One day, I had closed for the day, but then, I forgot something. It was dark but i had to go get it and i was lucky my house was a walking distance.

When I got to my workplace, I met a young lady, possibly a teenager like me, crying at the front of my workplace. I was a bit taken aback but I asked why she was crying and tried to be nice. She was standing exactly where I need to stand to open the door.

She narrated what happened and I felt for her. I tried my best to console. And i was actually sad that at that moment their was nothing I could do to help her. She didn't stop crying, she didn't move.

It was getting to much. As an Introvert, am emotional most of the time too. So I did what I thought was best: I PLACED MY HAND AROUND HER SHOULDER. I didn't have any sexual intention but to console her.

You know what she did, SHE WALKED AWAY, and rightly so. Would it have been right if she had accused me of rape, even when I was only trying my best to be nice.

If it had gone that way, I swear I would have been sad for the rest of my life. Do you know I have never thought about this since the incident until now?

Imagine things going that way and u send the kind of chat this guy sent in defence ?

We are not arguing that shiits don't happen, of course they do
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by mrpaedo(m): 11:23am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

i am getting to realise dat i shouldn't hav knelt down, but the screamings nd d circumstance were beyond my control
I understand this reaction of yours.You found yourself in an unexpected situation.
I believe your story 100% and that you did nothing wrong 200%.Ignore the moronic posts on here.
Unfortunately,Nigeria as a society is turning into the west where a man is viewed as guilty of a crime as long as a woman accuses him of it with or without evidence.
Be very careful/suspicious in your dealings/associations with women from now on.Those creatures can do and undo

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 18, 2020
Who forces a grown adult to eat ?

You should have just given her money to get something for herself when she is free.

What words were you even uttering to her?

You know you work for a lawyer( female for that matter) yet you couldn't just mind your bizwax.

Next time, respect people's personal space and keep your hands to yourself.

Hope you have learnt your lessons.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by arukwe123(m): 11:26am On Jan 18, 2020
livebyday:

Yurk

grin

It's all good
so you are a madam smiley
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:26am On Jan 18, 2020
mrpaedo:

I understand this reaction of yours.You found yourself in an unexpected situation.
I believe your story 100% and that you did nothing wrong 200%.
Unfortunately,Nigeria as a society is turning into the west where a man is viewed as guilty of a crime as long as a woman accuses him of it with or without evidence.
Be very careful/suspicious in your dealings/associations with women from now on.Those creatures can do and undo

tanx my guy,
some hav started calling me rapist here,
gosh
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:28am On Jan 18, 2020
koyyes:
Who forces a grown adult to eat ?

You should have just given her money to get something for herself when she is free.

What words were you even uttering to her?

You know you work for a lawyer( female for that matter) yet you couldn't just mind your bizwax.

Next time, respect people's personal space and keep your hands to yourself.

Hope you have learnt your lessons.

hav learnt my lesson,
was really down but am getting better now
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by MiltonFine: 11:28am On Jan 18, 2020
In this #me too era, better to keep your hands to yourself o brother because no one will believe you. People are frustrated and they are eagerly salivating at the next head to be put on the chopping block. We must learn to control ourselves as guys and spare ourselves unnecessary embarrassment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by sucess001(m): 11:29am On Jan 18, 2020
Oga...you were not wrongly accused.

Touching her is enough sexual harassment. You even admitted it in your SMS...what in Gods name are you thinking by touching her? Is that the work you were employed to do?

You don't have to rape her. Attempting consensual sex is enuf to get you fired. And I even feel you are not totally truthful. You must have tried to have something to do with the girl.

#circumstantial evidence is what this is called in law.

Next time, learn to be focussed and run from lustful desires where you get your food from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by bizhop01: 11:30am On Jan 18, 2020
My grandfather told me one day that i should not be too nice to people, i didn't understand the old man until when i grow up & had my first experience.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Ofadaman(m): 11:33am On Jan 18, 2020
There's something called emotioal intelligence, and it also includes self awareness, you've been cleaning up the office alone with a young lady, you asked her to rest and eat, she refused, you continued yet she declined, you must have understood the situation that she isnt interested in eating or in having a conversation why go into her private space to touch her?., Someone you just met for the first time?.

Let's be guided pls.. she may have had a bad experience of people always trying to take advantage of her, she just reacted to it, because she may have read your approach, felt disgusted by your constant intrusion and decided to make you a scapegoat.

It's a cold world, whatever your intentions was, we were not there and don't know her side of the story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by abbey37(m): 11:33am On Jan 18, 2020
I want to believe you but at the same time I have my doubts, why would you be begging someone who misinterpreted your intensions you should have simply call her bluff and state your case convincingly to your boss meanwhile are you sure you didn't touch somewhere more private than the shoulder?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by lucky4west: 11:35am On Jan 18, 2020
sorry bro it is hard and difficult to take but you have to be strong, you were indeed stupid to place a hand on her shoulder when she has shunned your advice more than once, you should have ignored her, and your kneeling to beg her and your boss almost made you look guilty because someone who is not guilty will raise thunder and fire! if wrongly accused, instead you were whimpering and crying like someone caught in the act...only the guilty are afraid....infact i'm beginning to take your story with a pinch of salt, i have never laid with a lady against her will and there is no way i can ever be a rapist...if any lady should ever accuse me falsely even the devil will be shocked at what i will do to her and every one related to her...they accused you falsely you took it in, got sacked, cried and whimper like a thief caught red handed, bro it is either you are guilty or you are a coward and i cannot empathize with you!
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by PapaAdanna: 11:36am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

Na wetin fit u

So after telling her severally and she declined and you thought after u must have put ur hands across her shoulder, she would oblige?

Onye ara
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by livebyday(m): 11:36am On Jan 18, 2020
arukwe123:
so you are a madam smiley

No dude haha
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by btsnm(m): 11:37am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

it is wrong to unnecessarily touch a lady without her consent. What you did is tantamount to sexual harassment. You can't force her to eat nor rest. Your story is unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by MightySparrow: 11:38am On Jan 18, 2020
StrongandMighty:
Let's hear her own side of the story first..
Una too dey lie for this forum
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by loswhite(m): 11:40am On Jan 18, 2020
Lamanii22:
That lady was sent from the pit of hell... Damn... No evidence, no nothing... Sometimes it's good to be mean sef... Too much kindness isn't good... I'm really sorry you were accused wrongly and sacked all at once.. The lord would provide a better job for you Hun..
Forcing somebody to eat is not kindness.... Ppl should learn to mind their business
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by ideabuilder: 11:40am On Jan 18, 2020
Na wa o. I rest my case

DAVE5:

Sexual advance is different from sexual harassment, both can lead to rape though

If what the op described is the true story (which cannot be confirmed by any of us until the girl says her own story), then I'll say she went far by saying he tried to rape her

IMO: Sexual advance becomes sexual harassment when the person being advanced upon categorically express it they don't welcome the sexual advance especially when body touching becomes involved

https://www.globalworkplaceinsider.com/2014/07/sexual-advancement-v-sexual-harassment/
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Ultimategeneral: 11:42am On Jan 18, 2020
[quote author=ambassadorgozie post=85883443] my hand touched her shoulder she started shouting continuously that I want to rape her.
@op i believe you.
I've faced almost same situation but in a different setting. In this case the lady and i have been friends, and we have'nt seen for a while. I made to hug her and she pushed me away stating that she doesn't do such things in public. It was so embarrasing that i have to leave that place at that very moment.
She later called to apologies saying that i should postponed it and hug her in a secret place. And i was like what the heck! Right there and then i decided to teach the lady a bitter lesson.
Note: i wasn't even attracted to her sexually.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by massalati(m): 11:42am On Jan 18, 2020
[color=#990000][/color] this is one of the reasons why i always mind my business
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Barryp(m): 11:43am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

d boss is a lawyer nd influential, i don't want to go dat way
Did this happen in Abuja?
Is your boss from the south east?
Is she also a Pastor?
Answer these questions asap
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 18, 2020
livebyday:

Suspect of spotting Crooks yeah grin

Anyways just can't stand injustice

It grinds my gears that's all
What's d injustice here? Him getting fired or d maid who got harassed?
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by MightySparrow: 11:45am On Jan 18, 2020
StrongandMighty:
Let's hear her own side of the story first..
Una too dey lie for this forum
Do now agree on a new name for Nairaland forum? Lieland forum. Cast your vote like for yea: share for nay
note:
Seun
Lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Pretty Nigerian Fire Fighter Is Causing A Twitter Meltdown (Photos) / Man Sacked After Being Caught On CCTV Masturbating In Office's Kitchen / Sandra: From Gokada Driver To Uber Driver Courtesy Of Kokun Foundation (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.