Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,823 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked - Career (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked (59588 Views)

Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos) / Riots: Indians Accused Of Molesting Female Workers In Atiku's Company In Yola / I Just Got Sacked Became Of Wizkid's Music. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by chycco: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2020

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by joshrare(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:
6th of January 2020 is the day I won’t forget. I work as a personal assistant/secretary to my boss who happens to be a former politician.

My boss came to work with her housemaid for her to help in sweeping, cleaning and tidying up the office being the resumption day. She instructed us on how to go about it before she stepped out from the office promising to come back in the afternoon.

We started the work immediately until afternoon time when I decided to rest and eat. While eating I beckoned the grown up housemaid to come and eat or at least rest before she continues the cleaning but she declined. After like an hour, I told her to rest small, she declined yet again. This prompted me to go close to her in order to convince her to eat something or rest.

My worst mistake and nightmare was attempting to put my hand on her shoulder in my stupid bid to convince her. Immediately my hand touched her shoulder she started shouting continuously that I want to rape her, that she will deal with me; in fact that I will get sacked. At first I told her my intention, but she wouldn’t hear me, I then resorted to pleading, I even knelt down begging her that it wasn’t my intention to rape or grab her. She couldn’t stand my talks and pleading, she called the boss immediately telling her that I want to rape her. We narrated everything to the boss, (a lawyer), when she returned. After hearing from us she said she has stayed with her maid for couple of years, thus she trust her, and it may be true that I wanted to rape her or lure her for sex. She couldn’t see my explanation, pleadings and even crying. She said she has two options; either to call police for me or to sack me. That’s how she later sacked me that day.

I have been devastated and depressed since that day, not because of the sack but the allegation and accusation that was not even on my mind. The worst is that as an introvert I have no one to talk to, I am damn down.

Notes: 1. I have no intention of raping, grabbing or having sex with her
2. I will not be so stupid to rape or have sex with the housemaid in the office knowing that the boss will come at any time
3. I have not raped anyone or plan to do so in the future because I know is morally and legally wrong.
You haven't stated your true intention, coz I don't what will prompt you to be so concern about someone who refused to eat to the extent of going as far as putting your arms on her shoulder.....

sorry about your ordeal, painful you have to learn the hard way....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by joshrare(m): 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2020
chycco:
you begged her to eat, she said no
you beckoned her to rest, she said no

you begged her again, she said no

when has eating and resting become so mandatory?

BTW wetin carry you leave you delicious food, Waka go carry your hand touch her shoulder.
Ask people who mind there business,they always stay out of troubles.

sorry bro, you had to learn the hard way.

well said....
A wise man, I Stan.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Brightgem(f): 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

i am getting to realise dat i shouldn't hav knelt down, but the screamings nd d circumstance were beyond my control
Sorry o! If in your heart of hearts it's not true, and you just can't understand why she did that.

Maybe it was just time to move out of there to somewhere else better, and something needed to happen.

So my advice is, hustle harder and honestly, have a better bearing in life, find that girl later and sue her. Keep all evidence of how things went, like the messages you sent etc.

If somebody just feels like ruining your life, they should pay.

Please dude, you are an adult, start spelling your words properly. "hav, n, d" are not proper spellings. This can hurt ur job search
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
Movies are killing you guys. You wanted to practice what you hv been watching..
First of all how can you just put your hand on someone you have not chat with before?
From your statement, you hv ask her several time to join you or rest before she continue but she said no, so why go close to a point of putting you hand accross her shoulder.
Was she distress?, was she crying?, was she sad?.
You hv learn your lesson and you are just lucky you were sack and never call a police because from your statement you are guilty with this our judiciary unless the girl might have took pity on you and say she mistook your good intention to be wrong.
#Becareful with the ladies in anything you are doing.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Khaleell001(m): 3:00pm On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:
6th of January 2020 is the day I won’t forget. I work as a personal assistant/secretary to my boss who happens to be a former politician.

My boss came to work with her housemaid for her to help in sweeping, cleaning and tidying up the office being the resumption day. She instructed us on how to go about it before she stepped out from the office promising to come back in the afternoon.

We started the work immediately until afternoon time when I decided to rest and eat. While eating I beckoned the grown up housemaid to come and eat or at least rest before she continues the cleaning but she declined. After like an hour, I told her to rest small, she declined yet again. This prompted me to go close to her in order to convince her to eat something or rest.

My worst mistake and nightmare was attempting to put my hand on her shoulder in my stupid bid to convince her. Immediately my hand touched her shoulder she started shouting continuously that I want to rape her, that she will deal with me; in fact that I will get sacked. At first I told her my intention, but she wouldn’t hear me, I then resorted to pleading, I even knelt down begging her that it wasn’t my intention to rape or grab her. She couldn’t stand my talks and pleading, she called the boss immediately telling her that I want to rape her. We narrated everything to the boss, (a lawyer), when she returned. After hearing from us she said she has stayed with her maid for couple of years, thus she trust her, and it may be true that I wanted to rape her or lure her for sex. She couldn’t see my explanation, pleadings and even crying. She said she has two options; either to call police for me or to sack me. That’s how she later sacked me that day.

I have been devastated and depressed since that day, not because of the sack but the allegation and accusation that was not even on my mind. The worst is that as an introvert I have no one to talk to, I am damn down.

2. I will not be so stupid to rape or have sex with the housemaid in the office knowing that the boss will come at any time
3. I have not raped anyone or plan to do so in the future because I know is morally and legally wrong.

This is where my belief as a muslim comes in(you may likely not like it as a non Muslim) .

Firstly, we Muslims are told not to touch any lady not related to us, had it been you were a Muslim who adhere to this advice, the maid wouldn't have had any cause to accuse you of anything.
I have done this many times and it has worked for me.

Secondly,since yiru have tried all you could,but no head way, my guy, it is time to tighten you belt and move ahead.
I know this will be difficult but you just have to push ahead and look for other means or ways to fend for yourself and leave everything to God.

That's why in life, things aren't always rosy especially for a man.
They would be situations which will throw you off balance and you would start contemplating suicide(i won't advice you to do that though).

The thing is,it has happened and it has happened.
Man up! dust yourself up and hit street and struggle hard for when you have faith it will surely come through.

I see this as a turning point in your life.
Don't give up man.
Just keep pushing ahead.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by sayisayi(m): 3:06pm On Jan 18, 2020
E yah! E go betta
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Juliearth(f): 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2020
I must sympathize with you, op. While your actions may be covertly harmless, her thinking faculty may not support that. Some parents have brainwashed their children in so many unthinlable ways. For instance, some girls were made to believe that once a man crosses their legs, it is a sexual act. The poor girl may have misconstrued your actions. Take heart, but you must clear your name. Take the Bull by the horn! Go to your former boss' house and ask that the girl play your actions towards her so her boss can see. I am sure that should vindicate you.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Viktorkrum321(m): 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

una no da get brain
must u touch?
if she no want rest, no be by force
u no even know am well, maybe she get brain touch or trauma from the past
oyo

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 18, 2020
czarr:
Wetin carry your hand go her shoulder grin...i no trust you guy
My like was the 300th for the post. You head they dia.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by MrMacinterchi1: 3:58pm On Jan 18, 2020
it's a sad story.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by SlayerForever: 4:07pm On Jan 18, 2020
This OP is a bloody liar.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by ambassadorgozie(m): 4:07pm On Jan 18, 2020
Khaleell001:

This is where my belief as a muslim comes in(you may likely not like it as a non Muslim) .

Firstly, we Muslims are told not to touch any lady not related to us, had it been you were a Muslim who adhere to this advice, the maid wouldn't have had any cause to accuse you of anything.
I have done this many times and it has worked for me.

Secondly,since yiru have tried all you could,but no head way, my guy, it is time to tighten you belt and move ahead.
I know this will be difficult but you just have to push ahead and look for other means or ways to fend for yourself and leave everything to God.

That's why in life, things aren't always rosy especially for a man.
They would be situations which will throw you off balance and you would start contemplating suicide(i won't advice you to do that though).

The thing is,it has happened and it has happened.
Man up! dust yourself up and hit street and struggle hard for when you have faith it will surely come through.

I see this as a turning point in your life.
Don't give up man.
Just keep pushing ahead.

tanx alot,
GOD bless u
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by ambassadorgozie(m): 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2020
wany:

And you touch her 3times on the shoulder,as an introvert.hmmmm undecided

i touched her only once
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by SlayerForever: 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2020
Candiesramah:
It's either you're a bloody liar who won't own up to being a rapist or just another senseless young man who allows the thing inbetween his legs to control him. You claim you didn't do the act, but was pleading, even pleaded you'll never do it again and should be given a second chance. What kind of a person are you if you are actually telling the truth?

According to you, you begged her to stop and eat but she refuse and went on to place your hand on her shoulder, for what exactly? You better get sense before getting another job else, something bigger may fall on you.

No mind am. Very stupid unprincipled young man. I'm thinking he actually tried to rape her.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by SlayerForever: 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2020
The story doesn't even add up on several levels. An introvert was outgoing enough to even rub shoulder? Then you did nothing but was begging for her to forgive you?? Abeg abeg abeg you be potential rapist, guy.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by ambassadorgozie(m): 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2020
luluosas:
OP, I am not here to apportion blame, but I think you made the greatest mistake by begging the stupid mad. You would have shouted her down when she raised her voice in the first place, but your begging amounted to admitting the allegations she laid against you.

Anyway, this is my advice.

In future, learn to mind your business especially when you dealing with the opposite sex to avoid matter that touch.

Meanwhile, if you were of immense value to your former employer, you will be recalled, except if your boss has nursed sacking you prior to this event which became an opportunity for her without you even knowing.

Don't get depressed, God will vindicate you later if you are truly innocent.

Dust this issue aside and move forward to securing a better paying job soonest.

Accept my sympathy

thank you sir,
i got to move on

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Ghokes(m): 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2020
Hard to believe your own side of the story.
Why will attempt to touch a lady you ain't dating or related to just like that?
Who does that in the first place?
She did not accuse you of rape when you both were talking until you touched her.
You definitely have a sinister motive if not rape.
Up your game and next time know how to get a lady convinced to be your friend before touching her.
That touching alone can be deemed sexual assault.

You are very lucky to get away with this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Olas16198901: 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
Well am not here to judge, but what I know is that they might be mutual talk between both or joke that could change the story. Well all is well inside well., Thank God that she doesn't charge you to court, clear your mind and blow your head, don't give up look for another way to survive. NOTICE if by chance she call you back to resume and the same housemaid is still within your madam Sir you won't last long before they sack you again. Dust your shoes and climb another heel.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by bummyla(m): 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2020
Better Pickin! You Don See Your Life! You No Wan Mind Your business! Next Time Learn How To Mind Your Business Mr. Nice Guy!
ambassadorgozie:

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by bamasite2: 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

Uncle, why force the girl to eat? Is it your eating?

You have done your best to convince her to eat, must you touch her?

Imagine that after an hour of rest, you were still trying to convince her to eat instead of you continuing with the work at hand!!

1. Probably, this maid prepares the food at home and she has eaten already, plus she knows she'll still eat well once she gets home

2. She knows the volume of work at hand and her priority was to finish it. You were there distracting her. Maybe she knows her boss better and what her reaction will be if the work is not completed.

3. The girl has good work ethics

4. Learn to understand when people are better left alone!

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Orpe7(m): 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2020
Stanzar7:

OK we have heard. One day u will cry ur cry here. I will b waiting then

U go wait tire cus
It wont happen

I don't pass my boundary
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by nelklyn(m): 5:07pm On Jan 18, 2020
Isoduwa:

You are a learner

Go and tell your boss your own lies

Let me help you
Tell your Madame say na the girl bring deal come say make Una kill Madame collect everything travel out of the country then you ask her how? She ask you to buy sniper so that she can put it inside Madame food you were surprise by her action immediately you refuse her offer the next thing she started shouting rape rape rape

Are you Gemini ♊️?
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 18, 2020
O'boy you're lucky that you are not in the western world if not na jail you for dey write us from.

Your behaviour is called sexual harassment over here o,you don't put your hand on anyone especially someone you're not familiar with o,count your blessings and move on mate.

Learn a lesson from the situation and use your brain next time.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by bamasite2: 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2020
AfroKnight:
Sorry bro. That’s women for you. They’d conclude without logical information, but based on how they feel at the moment. Next time don’t be too familiar with ladies who are not your close friends. Especially domestic workers.

Let them call you proud. It is better than being called a rapîst.

You get sense bro.

When I just moved into a new apartment where I was the only single guy, a maid was sent to bring food for me when our landldady was celebrating her birthday.

I wanted to collect the food from her at the door, but she got past me and went into my kitchen to drop the food and drinks. On her way back, this well endowed young lady pressed me against my wardrobe and was planting a kiss on my lips when I pushed her away.

She apologised, though she was angry with me for a long time and got jealous of the ladies that come around me, but that's her case.

I got my respect and a clean name.

Know where to shit!

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Legendguru: 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2020
Hmmm
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by hope4nigeria(m): 5:12pm On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

be serious guy, my mind didn't go dia at all
look around you, it's almost time for you to succeed. Better stuff awaits you, it's like God forcefully removed you from that work to place you in a better position. Just don't relent.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by ambassadorgozie(m): 5:18pm On Jan 18, 2020
hope4nigeria:
look around you, it's almost time for you to succeed. Better stuff awaits you, it's like God forcefully removed you from that work to place you in a better position. Just don't relent.

like ur name, am hoping for d best,
tanx sir

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by whirlwind7(m): 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

be serious guy, my mind didn't go dia at all

undecided

Somebody you saw for the first time, who declined all your invites to rest and share your meal.....and you took the liberty to touch her?
What the hell for??

That was damn childish of you.
I would agree that you didn't plan on raping her. But you had some sort of intimacy in your mind, which is what made you to take such liberty.
You just paid for your indiscretion. Swallow your pains and move on. Ain't nothing more you can do, unless you want to take it the legal route.

You were so childish, really.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Aarenasbaba(m): 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2020
Foolishness wound u there

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? / Female EKSU Graduate Does Shoemaking For A Living (pics) / Man Sacked After Being Caught On CCTV Masturbating In Office's Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.