Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy (1602 Views)

15 Miscreants To Spend 3 Months In Jail For Obstructing Lagos Pedestrian Bridges / Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos / Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by ojokolax: 10:27pm On Jan 17, 2020
A chieftain of pan-Yoruba group, Afenifere has apologised for unknowingly obstructing the convoy of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo earlier today in Ikoyi, Lagos state, police sources have said.

The National Organising Secretary of Afenifere, Abagun Kole Omololu, was earlier held by Lagos Police for breaching the convoy of the Vice President.

Mr Omololu explained to the police that he had no sinister intentions and did not plan to harm the Vice President or his convoy.

He added that it was dark and he did not know that the convoy was long so he decided to drive on.

According to the police, he breached the convoy of the Vice President without knowing he had done so. He was then stopped and informed that he had driven into a moving convoy.

In what the police sources termed a security breach, the Afenifere chieftain drove his vehicle and obstructed the movement of the convoy.

"This is a security matter. He didn't know it was the Vice President's convoy before he drove his vehicle into the convoy.

"This was seen as a security breach and action needed to be taken immediately," the police sources said.

Another police source said he was never arrested, he was only held for questioning.

"We needed to be sure he didn't have a motive for his action. This is standard police protocol and he was not harassed either.

The police source explained that he was released afterwards and allowed to go.

An eyewitness at the scene, Olasunkanmi Oladele explained that other commuters were also warning the owner of the car.

In a tweet, he said was also behind the convoy in Ikoyi.

"I was following from a distance the convoy of the Vice President in Lagos when a man broke into the convoy. We should respect authority and stop trying to make people look bad," he said.

The police said the matter has since been resolved and that the Vice President was unaware of what happened.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by okefrancis: 10:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
.........but what came over him before, medicine after dealth, nonsense

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Gbemilekeolani: 10:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
Now he's talking.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by demitola(m): 10:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
Nice one! So what sort of news was i reading on Punch before?

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Zeesugar(f): 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2020
I hope punch will see this and rewrite their story with and apology letter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by murecool(m): 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2020
He was lucky not to have been shot

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Softesst: 10:47pm On Jan 17, 2020
Crazy folks both the anifere and punch are all mad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Thormiwah(m): 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2020
Punch the next time una write rubbish again, I will swear for una

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Lifted2000: 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2020
The man show have being smoked with just one small bullet. Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Yellowface1220(m): 10:50pm On Jan 17, 2020
Who even knows him... why addressing such a person has Afenifere Leader. Half baked reporters please be guided �

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Lydia696: 10:50pm On Jan 17, 2020
Hey thank God you wake up from his slumber and I hope punch you see this

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Peappy49(f): 11:17pm On Jan 17, 2020
I now hope punch will use their brain next time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Laghondi2008: 11:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
You just have to because you know what you did is. Very wrong and disrespectful .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Laghondi2008: 11:44pm On Jan 17, 2020
You just have to because you know what you did was Very wrong and disrespectful .

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Arubajagz: 11:51pm On Jan 17, 2020
Even his excuse makes no sense. Simple wait and go after the last car has passed, you say you did not know the convoy was long.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Shooyie: 11:54pm On Jan 17, 2020
Nigerians are difficult humans sha, you're obstructing the envoy of the Vice President, total lack of respect. Now, Punch, a widely read shitpaper have edited the story to mislead people. Ah!!! Nigerian journalism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by slimfit1(m): 12:17am On Jan 18, 2020
Imagine if he was an ordinary guy DSS would have arrested him not police.
Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by BuhariAdvocate: 12:36am On Jan 18, 2020
Arrogant is killing him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Adex2bash: 3:46am On Jan 18, 2020
Only God will safe us from the hand of those unbaked journalist with there confused stories

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by voltron14: 6:01am On Jan 18, 2020
Punch crap paper tried to sell a different story.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 18, 2020
I could remember when Jonathan came to ikeja in 2014, and overzealous okada rider with another passenger came from no where to go ahead of his convoy after signalled road block. If you see the speed at which DSS vehicles pursued them until they crashed into a near by gutter, with a corked rifles, that day I know you don't just buss in to a convoy belonging to presidency. They were lucky because the vehicle that chased them were part of a leading vehicles. If to say na back it happened, police would have arrested them. I believe this man just wanted to use the opportunity to avoid traffics. It happens alot

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by helinues: 6:45am On Jan 18, 2020
A man ..

Why fantasizing with Afenifere
Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by itsme01: 6:47am On Jan 18, 2020
grin

now he wont try such later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Mcphamous(m): 7:05am On Jan 18, 2020
So why did punch gave me that nonsense headline to read initially?what is punch turning into for God sake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by priapus(m): 7:05am On Jan 18, 2020
He was very lucky to have got away with it. For me I wasnt so lucky. Just last month 15th December, 2019. My front tire was shot by an overzealous police man who was part of a convoy carrying the speaker of house of Assembly. What was my crime?. He said I refused to leave the road early enough for them to pass. Imagine the rascality.
Me I quickly apologize oo, even though I wasn't at fault before them go tag me assassin or armed robber or whatever.
My care tire is just #55,000. I better spend that sum to buy a tire than face police slap and embarrassment
God help us .
Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Yolmelifya: 7:36am On Jan 18, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
grin

now he wont try such later

[/s]
Re: Afenifere Chieftain Apologises For Obstructing Osinbajo's Convoy by Yolmelifya: 8:01am On Jan 18, 2020
[s]
voltron14:
Punch crap paper tried to sell a different story.
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Governors Scramble For Ventilators As They Brace Up For Coronavirus / Buratai Praise General Adeniyi For ‘Uncommon Leadership’ After He Was Redeployed / Shekau Begs Chadian Forces In New Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.