Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,233 members, 7,811,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy (49427 Views)

15 Miscreants To Spend 3 Months In Jail For Obstructing Lagos Pedestrian Bridges / Afenifere Suspends Jare Ajayi And Akogun Kole Omololu / Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by Ebullience(m): 9:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
The National Organising Secretary of Afenifere, Abagun Kole Omololu, has been arrested and detained.

According to him, he was arrested by one of the police officers on the entourage of the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo.

Omololu said he was arrested in Lagos State and detained at Onikan Police Station.

A message sent to The PUNCH by the Afenifere leader read, “I have just been arrested by ACP Oludotun Odubona on the entourage of the VP Osinbajo, claiming (that) I did not park well for the convoy, in front of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Ikoyi.

“Currently, I am in detention at Onikan Police Station, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.”

When contacted about 9.17 pm, Omololu told our correspondent that he had been released.

He said, “It is just an act of overzealousness. I have been released. No condition was attached to my release. Senior aides of the vice president, including the ADC and Chief Security Officer, have called me.

The Afenifere leader also said the police officer almost slapped him during the altercation.

“He accused me of struggling with the convoy, which was not the case. I was only trying to move away. He came to meet me where I parked, raining curses on me.

“He nearly slapped me. Despite all my explanations that I am an elderly man, he insisted that I was arrested and taken to the police station. I told him that I respect the VP and I won’t obstruct his convoy. He only embarrassed his boss. I know his boss will never do that.”

https://punchng.com/afenifere-leader-arrested-detained-for-obstructing-osinbajos-convoy/amp/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by Enwhen(m): 9:06pm On Jan 17, 2020
VP pls do the right thing

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
Let this not be a similar scenerio that happen in Imo state. .Ohakim and Rev Father. ..I no fit shout oo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by daddytime(m): 9:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
Hmmm

Na see finish dey cause this kind thing.

Na rat wey dey inside house dey tell the one's wey dey outside say food dey inside house.

Na so dem wan take motekun the motekun? grin

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by socialmediaman: 9:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by mushystuff: 9:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
Nigeria and nonsense! When will rubbish like this end?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
Hausa-Fulani flexing to Yorubas...you see, we can still arrest and detain your Amotekun like your Afenifere leader.

59 Likes

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by Hillsong34: 9:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
Thunda Faya all Coneheads. They brought antagonists of True Federalism/Restructure to power. They see nothing wrong with the north being president, senate President and speaker, House of Representatives as long as they have a queen Elizabeth of a vice president.

Again, thunda nla nla lo ma pa gbo gbo coneheads

Dan ubanku sad

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by IamPatriotic(m): 9:14pm On Jan 17, 2020
The said Omololu is an idiot! The security aids of the VP should deal with him ruthlessly, what an insolence. Erinfin ile iyagbe

8 Likes

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by jantofubu(m): 9:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
Barbaric act but i think this report is lopsided....
There must be more to this, hes not telling the media

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by YorubaLord: 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2020
grin
Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by YorubaLord: 9:32pm On Jan 17, 2020
catoluy:
Hausa-Fulani flexing to Yorubas...you see, we can still arrest and detain your Amotekun like your Afenifere leader.

HAHAHAHA! Don't worry, bro... We got ya! cool

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by sweetonugbu: 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2020
Abuse of power
Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
mushystuff:
Nigeria and nonsense! When will rubbish like this end?
Sometimes, it is best to get the complete details of an issue before picking sides.
Most people are mischievous, they play on the intelligence of the masses to gain clout.

He understands that tension is high and most people are not happy, this is the moment for deceitful people to raise the bar for their own aim.

It would be nice if we are not sentimental on issues but very careful to dissect through whatever story is brought online.

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by festacman(m): 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2020
Why do Afenifere members hate VP Osinbajo so much? Why do they always belittle him? Is he not a Yoruba? Is Afenifere now an affiliate of PDP?

Certainly, every well-meaning person would take this one-sided story with a generous pinch of salt.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by Sirjamo: 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2020
Hillsong34:
Thunda Faya all Coneheads. They brought antagonists of True Federalism/Restructure to power. They see nothing wrong with the north being president, senate President and speaker, House of Representatives as long as they have a queen Elizabeth of a vice president.

Again, thunda nla nla lo ma pa gbo gbo coneheads

Dan ubanku sad
16 years of PDP, did you cry for restructuring? Now that your favorite thieves might never smell power again, you now remember restructuring.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by Richard05: 9:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
J
Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by DaBullIT(m): 1:32am On Jan 18, 2020
So , one afenifebi who sabi attack Buhari suddenly didn't know it was Osibanjo's convoy and decided to break in

this one don buy market, the held they wee held him ennh , they will just held him naa ni

even if it isn't Osibanjo's convoy , why would you enter people's convoy ? una dey go the same party ni ?

grin grin grin grin

Nonsense and ingredients

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by DaBullIT(m): 1:37am On Jan 18, 2020
In another version of the story on this same nairaland , i have seen the post on twitter myself too , one of the road users , another driver on the same road claimed everybody was telling the Afenifebi to calm down , according to that tweet, everybody was following the convoy at a safe distance untul that man intentionally breached the convoy , the afenifebi man claims he didn't know it was Osibanjo, but like i said jokingly even if it isn't OsiBobo , why join other people's convoy when you are not going to the same destination

I think you are right , this was planned or intentional to an extent , these dubious people know how emotionally deformed most nigerians are , playing the victim always makes most people irrational

for instance the first comment or so ... the write simply said ''ABUSE OF POWER''

I mean how ??

kingkakaone:

Sometimes, it is best to get the complete details of an issue before picking sides.
Most people are mischievous, they play on the intelligence of the masses to gain clout.

He understands that tension is high and most people are not happy, this is the moment for deceitful people to raise the bar for their own aim.

It would be nice if we are not sentimental on issues but very careful to dissect through whatever story is brought online.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by BuhariAdvocate: 1:46am On Jan 18, 2020
I'm really disappointed on nairaland moderator's. You will not confirm the authenticity of news you will push it on front page.

12 Likes

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by itsme01: 6:08am On Jan 18, 2020
grin

haq haq haq!!!

For hin little mind, he be like, shebi na mere commisioner, i go block hin convoy today and nothing go happen

well somthing don happen!! and Like Lawal Daura and Babachir later found out, Mere Commisioner Akerekoro is like scorpion, dont play with its stinger

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by Yolmelifya: 7:22am On Jan 18, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
grin

haq haq haq!!!

For hin little mind, he be like, shebi na mere commisioner, i go block hin convoy today and nothing go happen

well somthing don happen!! and Like Lawal Daura and Babachir later found out, Mere Commisioner Akerekoro is like scorpion, dont play with its stinger

[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by WorldRichest: 7:35am On Jan 18, 2020
His village people wants to sacrifice him to the gods but the man of God, Osinbajo's security details saved him(Afenifere miscreant), if not, I his wife would be a widow now.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by NaijaMutant(f): 7:42am On Jan 18, 2020
Yorubas just love themselves

Aswear grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by michlins(m): 9:30am On Jan 18, 2020
Let's just get some things clear. The VP is the second most powerful person in Nigeria and should be accorded the respect. In USA, whenever the president or the vice president is on the move, it's a military operation and you can be shot on sight if you misbehave. Airways are blocked and cell signal completely jammed. If you see the convoy of an elected official, kindly clear road because they can kill you and there's nothing anyone can do about it

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by AmazingDesigns: 10:06am On Jan 18, 2020
f
Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by BuhariLooter(m): 10:06am On Jan 18, 2020
Amotekun in its formation isn't different from IPOB's BSS, only that IPOB is not an elected representative of the people,

3 Likes

Re: Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy by SouthNigerian: 10:07am On Jan 18, 2020
If you are a Yoruba man & you still believe in One Nigeria, nkan kan ti wrong pelu ori e niyen.

On behalf of my Yoruba brothers, I apologize to our Igbo brothers for pitching our tents with the Abokiis. We regret our blind actions.
Our head don dey set small small.

SOUTH NIGERIA, SOUTH NIGERIANS

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fateema Mohammed, Meet The DG Of 'Atikunation' Group / Osinbajo Leads Ambode And Sanwoolu To Bourdilon / Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.