Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation (16821 Views)

10 Best Medical Schools In Nigeria / Three Igbinedion University Students Die In Car Cras (Warning: Graphic Photos) / The Value Of Romanian Medical Schools-Quality EU Degree,Cheap Tuition fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by ICHINONYE(m): 6:44pm On Dec 07, 2010
imagine the country Nigeria, no one cares, cant dey put d student in2 consideration,d best d council wud ve done 1st s to stop them 4rm admiting new student b4 d slam, i hate this n still they re planing building more university wen dey cant upgrade wat we have now, shame
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Solozzo(m): 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2010
Too bad. Uniben medical school used to be one of the standard bearers of medical schools in the 1980s.

@Wacky31, the students would be transferred to other universities where they may have to drop one claiss or join at the level they were to complete their education/training. Lecturers may have to find their way. Similar thing hapened to Ekpoma university medical school in the 1980s and the students had to come to uniben to complete their training. Uniben would be able to get back on track later on . It is just such a shame
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by buzugee(m): 7:01pm On Dec 07, 2010
time for nigerians to start embracing online courses from universities abroad seeing as nobody is going to issue visa to 150 million mahfukaz who wanna study. are online courses recognized in nigeria ?
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by tunde121oke: 7:23pm On Dec 07, 2010
but why why why
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by nelsonose: 7:26pm On Dec 07, 2010
How are the mighty falling!
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by mykhel995: 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2010
Nigerians, its time we spoke the truth. These medical schools are training butchers. Instead of denying them accreditation in the first place, they (nuc) accredited them and turned a blnd eye to the rubbish that was going on. Now maybe they(nuc execs) have come in contact with one igbinedon clears throat coughs loudly"doctor" and felt bad that they were putting nigerians lives at risk hence, the disaccreditation.
P.S a word of advice to nuc; all doctors from uniben and igbinedion should be tested and based on the results of the tests be disdoctored (pardon my english) where necessary.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by sley4life(m): 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2010
y not. na so many unapproved schools go produce doctors.They will use human life for experiment
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by zamirikpo(m): 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2010
slap1 u funny die,like u said IMSU, well 4 uniben i just tire wen i dey there those boys 4 complex(medical) no dey let person see road wit the shakara wey den dey do all because it was common knowledge dat medicine in uniben was off d hook.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Reference(m): 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2010
And the irony of the whole thing is that the CBN gov'nor speaking at Okada just a few days started this charge against legislators about their loot. Now tell me who the senator and legislator under whose radar both universities are. I will not be surprised if he was one of the most vocal castigators of the gov'nor.

At a top speed of almost one million naira a day each (senator and legislator). It is certain they could provide whatever infrastructure is needed to ameliorate the situation within a couple of weeks. And to think the dumb federal government is to establish six more mushrooms or is it anthills in each geo-zone. Tell me fellows, is someone really thinking in this country.

I'm really sorry for the victims here. I hope it will be short-lived but the silver lining is that the hardship is being felt by the youth. Let is be a time of sober reflection and boil to righteous anger against our so-called leaders. Corpers will play a major part in the forth-coming elections. I enjoin you to count it a privilege that you are in a position to right some wrongs having in mind your brothers and sisters that are stuck on the other side of the fence.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by adejonny: 8:38pm On Dec 07, 2010
I wonder why people are surprised, UNIBEN has always been about past glory as far as I am concerned. Only recently have they changed the silly way in which their GPA was calculated which was 5%, 10%, 15% ,20%, 50% for 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and 5th years respectively so you can play all you want in school and sit up in your 400 and 500 level and still come out with a very good 2-1. NUC constantly hounded them to change it and they finally gave in starting from their last admission.

I advice those going for medicine, head to calabar or port harcourt their programs are way better (according to naija standards oh)

What is wrong with that? in the UK 1st year result is not used for computing grade just 2nd and 3rd year.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by adejonny: 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2010
Igbinedion, I will understand. But UNIBEN that is a joke. UBTH ranks among the best teaching hospitals in Nigeria and beyond with nationaly recognised consultants in every medical discipline (Only LUTH, UNTH and UCH are as good) . If is is for over admitting then that is understandable as the school is usual super over-subscribed,
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by soloyede1: 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2010
, if care is not taken those of us that have graduated from one university or the other might be called one day to even return our certificates, because the way universities are been closed down in this country is alarming, but its like the polytechnics are having a good time,
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by MaiSuya(m): 9:30pm On Dec 07, 2010
s.oloyede:

, if care is not taken those of us that have graduated from one university or the other might be called one day to even return our certificates, because the way universities are been closed down in this country is alarming, but its like the polytechnics are having a good time,

very funny. . . shocked

adejonny:

Igbinedion, I will understand. But UNIBEN that is a joke. UBTH ranks among the best teaching hospitals in Nigeria and beyond with nationaly recognised consultants in every medical discipline (Only LUTH, UNTH and UCH are as good) . If is is for over admitting then that is understandable as the school is usual super over-subscribed,

this is not about UBTH. its about the medical school--. Have you been there recently? with over 400 students in a [i]single [/i]class, some peeping thru windows to get lectures due to limited space, the move to withdraw the accreditation shouldn't really come as a surprise.

That of Igbinedion has always been a joke. the withdrawal was long overdue.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by sshalom(m): 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2010
What happens to the Med and Dent students now?
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by emmabowin(m): 9:47pm On Dec 07, 2010
something is wrong somewhere.
the so called medical and dental council can't tell me that medicine and surgery in many other schools is doing better than what is obtained in uniben.
it's just that the council refused to accept bribe from both schools in edo state.
this is not good for edo state and it's education or is this targeted to bring down the state.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by LaconicINC: 9:55pm On Dec 07, 2010
I heard of UNIBEN's own about 3 months ago cos I graduated from there and I have friends in Medical School,i wonder why it is just coming out in print,i guess they had reason for not making it official till now.But that of Igbinedion University is really funny cos with all the money Lucky Igbinedion stole for 8 years as governor of Edo State he could not lend his father money to equip that school.Its good news sha,at least is for the good of Naija,make graduates of these schools no forget knife for person belle during surgery! It has happen before.I just feel for those who are in Final year and those who had extra year.All Will Be Well
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by spicyhoney(f): 10:05pm On Dec 07, 2010
sshalom:

some1 should please answer this, my friend is in her finals @ uniben
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Ikechukwu09(m): 10:17pm On Dec 07, 2010
hey the thing about uniben admitting new med students for the new session is not true cos most guys who truely scored high marks for medicine were admitted into medicine related courses like biochemistry and the likes. so they truely did not admit new med studs
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by MaiSuya(m): 11:02pm On Dec 07, 2010
sshalom:

probably this:

Solozzo:

@Wacky31, the students would be transferred to other universities where they may have to drop one claiss or join at the level they were to complete their education/training. Lecturers may have to find their way. Similar thing hapened to Ekpoma university medical school in the 1980s and the students had to come to uniben to complete their training. Uniben would be able to get back on track later on . It is just such a shame
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by drossy(m): 11:47pm On Dec 07, 2010
well, its sad!! i did my housemanship there, and it was pretty decent!! at least clinical training by naija standards!!, i think they do have a population problem though! but again wch school in naija has an adequate student/teacher/facility ratio??
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by dayo1401: 12:05am On Dec 08, 2010
NUC UNIBEN AND IGBENS, medical school got de rgistered because they didnt meet the MINIMUM requirement, even as low as our requirement is in Nigeria, they couldnt meet it

Anyone who has studied abroad, (uk & us) precisely would understand that, under a very high requirement, virtually no sch will survive accredidattion,
almost all re leaving on past glory, corruption, lact of infastructure, in adequate funding is the other of the day,

when u study in naija, and go abroad to study, then u will actually see that we are MILES, BEHIND

i pray we get there someday
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by mrswilly: 1:10am On Dec 08, 2010
I wonder why people don't normally take time to find out about and authenticate the roots of serious issues like this. THE MAIN REASON WHY NIGERIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION IS MAKING THIS PRONOUNCEMENT IS BECAUSE THESE TWO INSTITUTIONS BLUNTLY REFUSED TO JOIN OTHER MEDICAL SCHOOLS IN THE PURPORTED STRIKE. THE DIS-ACCREDITATION WAS BORNE OUT OF SENTIMENTS. IT WAS TOTALLY POLITICAL.
I HAVE A CHILD WHO IS A MEDICAL STUDENT IN ONE OF THESE INSTITUTIONS. I BELIEVE IF N.M.A. SINCERELY WANTS THE PROGRESS OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY, THEY WOULD NOT BE AIDING AND ABETTING UNNECESSARY INCESSANT STRIKE. AND YOU SEE- THAT EXPLAINS WHY PARENTS ENROLL THEIR CHILDREN IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES, LIKE UKRAINE, GHANA, COTONOU, SOUTH AFRICA, ETC. THESE SCHOOLS IN QUESTION WERE AND ARE STILL CONSCIOUS OF THE SYNDROME OF BRAIN DRAIN. GROW UP N.M.A.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by drossy(m): 1:21am On Dec 08, 2010
thank you mrs willy!!
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by eghosa77: 4:13am On Dec 08, 2010
This i think is politically motivated. Remember CBN Governor Sanusi gave lectures at both universities recently, where he made comments that landed him into trouble in the hands of the roaring National Assembly members, hope this is resovled soon.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by texazzpete(m): 7:20am On Dec 08, 2010
eghosa77:

This i think is politically motivated. Remember CBN Governor Sanusi gave lectures at both universities recently, where he made comments that landed him into trouble in the hands of the roaring National Assembly members, hope this is resovled soon.

You need to start thinking like an intelligent being.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 08, 2010
I look at some of your comments and laugh, others i just shake my head. 'm a student at uniben medical school and yes its true we'll been disaccredited but then get your stories straight on no condition where we recievin lectures thru da windows dats false to da letter. True, we got an overcrowdin prob, but den name one school in nigeria wit a normal student. Lecturer ratio. Its probably less dan 1 if any exists, I earnestly pray this be rectified as soon as possible but then backbiters and haters gets your fact straight or if you're makin jest simply be plain. Peace
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 08, 2010
^^What's the real issue, then? Since you're an insider, probably, you can tell us how the real situation looks like.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by san26dy(f): 8:52am On Dec 08, 2010
Nigeria university's medical need to be revamped. It's ridiculous the kind of medical doctors coming out of these schools. God help us!!
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by GboyegaD(m): 9:53am On Dec 08, 2010
It is a pity that our schools are going worse daily. There is more to the problem than corrupt politicians as earlier stated. As far as I am concerned, the management of these schools are worse than our legislators. Despite the monies they make from students and the federal government grants given them, our schools are not achieving anything meaningful as they are worse off. Infrastructures are not maintained, students are more enrolled in yearly without building more facilities to aid their learning, lecturers are no longer concerned about the quality of study this students are given and much more. I only hope that our school managements will be a little more resourceful with all the funds they make from ridiculous acceptance fees to faculty fees most students now pay.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by excoba101: 10:16am On Dec 08, 2010
So what happens to the medical students currently there?

It''s simple. When i was in Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma their medical faculty didn't have accreditation then. So when students get to final year they affiliate them to another university. Its very simple. But it is a shame for a university of that caliber as GREAT UNIBEN.

I just dey miss Nigeria like hell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Waec Result In Nigeria's History... (PHOTO!!!) / Abu Zaria 2007/2008 Admission / Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.