Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

......ARE THESE WINTERS TIRES.... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ......ARE THESE WINTERS TIRES.... (1210 Views)

Man Shows How Old Bad Tires Are Made New / How To Detect Unbalanced Tires In Your Car / How To Check Whether Your Car Tires Are Expired Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

......ARE THESE WINTERS TIRES.... by dru23(m): 12:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
Gurus in the house .. I just bought some tires for my Uber cars... And by looking at the pictures they look like winter tires. Winter tires are especially made for the snow and they will affect fuel mileage if used as regular non winter season.

So can anyone be able to tell ,if they are winter tires by looking at the pictures..

Re: ......ARE THESE WINTERS TIRES.... by aieromon(m): 4:54pm On Jan 18, 2020
dru23:

So can anyone be able to tell ,if they are winter tires by looking at the pictures..

1st picture - Continental Winter Contact TS 860 (winter tyre)
2nd picture - Vredestein Quatrac 2 (high performance all season tyre)
Re: ......ARE THESE WINTERS TIRES.... by dru23(m): 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2020
aieromon:

1st picture - Continental Winter Contact TS 860 (winter tyre)
2nd picture - Vredestein Quatrac 2 (high performance all season tyre)

I dont know it all and that is why I ask for advice.. Thank you very much for taking your time to reply.. When we help each other we lift each other
Re: ......ARE THESE WINTERS TIRES.... by mejai(m): 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2020
I once used 4 tyres like that and later I discovered they were all winter tyres. They were making tapping noise when being driven.
I later lost two on Benin-ore expressway. They blew on their own. Though I suspected hot temperature with speed of average160km/h.
Luckily, it happened when I slowed down.
Re: ......ARE THESE WINTERS TIRES.... by dru23(m): 8:45pm On Jan 18, 2020
mejai:
I once used 4 tyres like that and later I discovered they were all winter tyres. They were making tapping noise when being driven.
I later lost two on Benin-ore expressway. They blew on their own. Though I suspected hot temperature with speed of average160km/h.
Luckily, it happened when I slowed down.

You are very correct .. Winter tires will definitely burst on hot surface road ...... The lack of knowledge we face when buying cars and not doing proper assessment before buying can put us at a great risk. What I experience today is trust your instincts.. Am not a car expert ,but when I saw those tires on my car. I knew something was not right..... And these are things that are causing accidents on the road. Imagine the amount of people driving around with winter tires

(1) (Reply)

Mompha Shows Off His 2020 Rolls Royce Wraith Eagle VIII / Nature's COVID-19 BUSH Meat Palliative / Ex-paul Walker Nissan Skyline R34 Could Be Worth ₦150m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.