Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun (38872 Views)

Ahead Of NEC Meeting, PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Wike / 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members / APC Governors Move To Hijack Presidential Ticket - The Sun (2) (3) (4)

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by GlassDoctor1: 4:16pm On Jan 18, 2020
This is an interesting thread and I believe the readers have learnt their lessons from the author's point of view. I myself I have learnt my my own lesson too. But which lesson can ever be better than the one below this comment you just read right now? Huh?

If you have a crack on your windscreen and you want to get it repaired and stopped, feel free to WhatsApp me on the numbers on my signature. Cracks on windshield are repairable through a scientifically proven method involving UV-aided technology. Having repaired over 7000 windshields with 6yesrs experience in Autoglass work, you will be making no mistakes by contacting me.
Send pictures of the damage to me on WhatsApp for proper assessment and evaluation of cost of repair.
Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by SouthSouth1914: 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2020
emeijeh:
Can the SW governors just túsh these guys up?
Their uniforms make them look like Vigilantes at Ugboha Palace, Esan South-East of Edo State.

The idea and purpose will always supersede the uniform.. You need to remember they are not beauty pageants

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by Trump2020: 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2020
Fvck the north, the entire south stands with Amotekun or whatever that means

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by somehow: 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2020
slimanyd:
Seyi makinde , Fayemi and Akeredolu are the ones fronting these Idea . All other remaining governors are Tinubu puppet .

Watch as Lagos. Osun , and Ogun state assembly drags it on the floor.

And the last 2 are close to Buhari

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2020
DNSPro:
Those bastard up north are now trying to lure South East with Presidency. I am sure South East is laughing at them.

Good move by the SW government. We support it

They can't try it. Fulani people already know that an average Igbo man is Biafra-inclined, while will dey make such mistake. ...let truth be told, all the Igbo people that I had met are all clamouring for secession. Including okorohausa.... buhari can't try it.
What they plan to do is to bring up somebody from the north while his vice will come from the Southeast. Struggle continue approach.

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by madridsta007(m): 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
theenchanter:
Emboldened by the huge support from the people of the South West region in particular and across the states of the country in general, the South West governors have moved fast to give legal backing to the regional security outfit, codenamed Operation Amotekun which they launched on January 9 this year.

This is just as the Nigeria military has vowed that it will not allow any individual or group to jeopardize the sovereignty and stability of Nigeria’s territorial integrity. The military told relevant stakeholders to join hands with the armed forces and intelligence agencies to ensure that Nigeria is secured and not to look for other methods likely to negate the national policy and Community Policing approved by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.

Meanwhile, Saturday Vanguard learnt authoritatively that the laws to back up Amotekun are before South West States Houses of Assembly while the lawmakers are already fast tracking the legalisation.

The source also told Saturday Vanguard that irrespective of the position of the Federal government, the Western Nigeria Security Network was already in operation and the South West governors would do everything within their powers to provide adequate security for the people of the zone.

It will be recalled that after the launch of the security out in Ibadan, Oyo state capital, Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami declared it illegal arguing that the outfit was not backed by any known law in the land and that he was not consulted before the outfit was launched.

“Indeed Amotekun is not some unthoughtful fancy of the governors trying to create a nebulous counterforce to the existing security structure as some uninformed would put it. It is largely to enhance and strengthen the subsisting law enforcement agencies as it is already well established in most parts of the North.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/south-west-moves-to-legalise-amotekun/

Lol.

You have Civilian JTF, armed to the teeth, without any constitutional backing, operating for years in the North. Essentially, a militia group.

You have Hisbah security outfit even arresting policemen. Another militia group in the North.

Then you want to stop Amotekun in Yoruba land from doing the same thing groups in Northern Nigeria have been doing. Lol.

It doesn’t work that way.

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by olisaEze(m): 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
I laff in Swahili! Kikikiki grin

The center takes ur resources, redistributes ur wealth to their undeserving families and cronies, promises u protection and the right to freedom in exchange only to fail every single one of those promises to u! Can somebody tell me one single kidnapper of Fulani origin that has been sentenced by this same attorney general’s office till date? And u expect the people to continue waiting on ur promises like it’s the second coming of Jesus!

Kudos to the governors of the SW for 'belling the cat' rather than watching their people die like rats. Thunder fire miyetti allah and their bloody quest to turn our lands into their livestock paddocks! May the Allah in ur name turn to it’s Ibo translation of madness! Ndi ara

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by unbitchable(m): 4:23pm On Jan 18, 2020
when SW says Yes, nobody can say No. Amoteku has come to stay.

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by Wickedtruths: 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2020
slimanyd:
Seyi makinde , Fayemi and Akeredolu are the ones fronting these Idea . All other remaining governors are Tinubu puppet.

I am most proud of Akeredolu. Buhari made him Governor as against Tinubu's wish. He has an election coming up, yet he's standing for his people.

Even Fayemi, I have my misgivings about him, but I'm proud of him for this. As for GSM, this is commendable from him.

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by pacespot(m): 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2020
Only God knows the Fulani agenda for this country, maybe their aim is to colonize the rest of this country and turn it into their caliphate. What is wrong in regional police or community policing, especially in the face of Nigerian security challenges? Even the US practice state policing. We need to take back the kwara state from these evil nomads, Ilorin is an ancestral Yoruba land.

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by foleskay(m): 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2020
Hmm. Let's say if this amotekun is successful then I see other zones following suit thereby having different ethno security fractions in a single country, and judging by the fact that the 2023 general election is tilting towards ethnicity and geopolitical direction, then Nigeria may cease to be by then. I see war brewing with the hullaballo surrounding this amotekun. If the igbos also come out with their own security outfits too, then ''There was a country''.

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by TheAmbasador(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2020
DNSPro:
Those bastard up north are now trying to lure South East with Presidency. I am sure South East is laughing at them.

Good move by the SW government. We support it

Good laugh sef...... Presidency is a scam....a Northerner will still be the next president but the one endorsed by South east and South West
Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by Halexgos3(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2020
Igbo for president
Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by adelaja70(m): 4:33pm On Jan 18, 2020
SouthSouth1914:

The idea and purpose will always supersede the uniform.. You need to remember they are not beauty pageants
Lmao!!!!....
Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by mcjohny(m): 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2020
Breaking news

Nnamdi KANU is coming to Nigeria, with USA threatening to sanction Nigeria if they make any move to rearrest him

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2020
ZombieTERROR:
Amotekun is here to stay..

It's only thieves that complain about his neighbors high fence and extra security guards
As in ehn, what are the northern leaders angry with a region creating a security outfit to protect her people?

I think it is because they understand that all zones will create theirs and the nonsense encroachment by their herders will be curtailed.
No more killing of indegens of a place by the fulani strangers.

They are so focused on this that they forgot Zamfara is boiling.
SMH.

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by ejimatic: 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2020
theenchanter:
Emboldened by the huge support from the people of the South West region in particular and across the states of the country in general, the South West governors have moved fast to give legal backing to the regional security outfit, codenamed Operation Amotekun which they launched on January 9 this year.

This is just as the Nigeria military has vowed that it will not allow any individual or group to jeopardize the sovereignty and stability of Nigeria’s territorial integrity. The military told relevant stakeholders to join hands with the armed forces and intelligence agencies to ensure that Nigeria is secured and not to look for other methods likely to negate the national policy and Community Policing approved by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.

Meanwhile, Saturday Vanguard learnt authoritatively that the laws to back up Amotekun are before South West States Houses of Assembly while the lawmakers are already fast tracking the legalisation.

The source also told Saturday Vanguard that irrespective of the position of the Federal government, the Western Nigeria Security Network was already in operation and the South West governors would do everything within their powers to provide adequate security for the people of the zone.

It will be recalled that after the launch of the security out in Ibadan, Oyo state capital, Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami declared it illegal arguing that the outfit was not backed by any known law in the land and that he was not consulted before the outfit was launched.

“Indeed Amotekun is not some unthoughtful fancy of the governors trying to create a nebulous counterforce to the existing security structure as some uninformed would put it. It is largely to enhance and strengthen the subsisting law enforcement agencies as it is already well established in most parts of the North.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/south-west-moves-to-legalise-amotekun/
. Amotekun has come to stay in the south west

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by Enemyofpeace: 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2020
With Hisbah and other security outfits in the north, I'm waiting to see how this yeye government will stop this amotepon. Amotepon has come to stay. Let those against it go and die

Dominique I love you

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by Okenjom(m): 4:36pm On Jan 18, 2020
This is indeed a loveable move.

Don't allow a dastardly retarded group of senile lampoons to truncate an idea that is meant to shield your land against their aggression.

AMETOKUN HAS COME TO STAY.
[color=#990000][/color]

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by Enemyofpeace: 4:36pm On Jan 18, 2020
ejimatic:
. Amotekun has come to stay in the south west
yes o. No retreat, no surrender

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by ElderlyPerson(m): 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
BlackfireX:
This is a wrong move,

Let's hear from tinubu first and know his direction..

You're officially mad bro

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by 77up(m): 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
slimanyd:
Seyi makinde , Fayemi and Akeredolu are the ones fronting these Idea . All other remaining governors are Tinubu puppet .

Trust me there more of unity in sw than the whole of Nigeria.

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by Powersurge: 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
I just fear that this Amotekun will not turn into another bunch of ragtag miscreants.

I fear that this Amotekun won't be a tool for oppressing even the Yoruba people that they're meant to protect.

I fear that it will turn into a legal cult group.

From OPC to Omoluabi boys, isakaba boys and even the eferon boys, most of these groups usually turn against the people they're meant to protect.

That's my only fear.

Keep your fears first. Southern NIgeria and the Norther Central has played politics of tribes for too long. That's why the Fulani minority has been able to flex muscle in the face of HIGHLY civilised and educated people.

The Civilian JTF bears arm. It doesn't seem like a threat. I don't want to write espistle. But the central government has protected these killer herders for too long. Do you know how many thousands of people died in Benue?

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by slimanyd: 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2020
somehow:

And the last 2 are close to Buhari

While they are far from Tinubu
Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by BlackfireX: 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2020
ElderlyPerson:

You're officially mad bro

Yes we all are for our opinion.
Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by ejimatic: 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
yes o. No retreat, no surrender
. We are all Amotekuns in the south west...

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
foleskay:
Hmm. Let's say if this amotekun is successful then I see other zones following suit thereby having different ethno security fractions in a single country, and judging by the fact that the 2023 general election is tilting towards ethnicity and geopolitical direction, then Nigeria may cease to be by then. I see war brewing with the hullaballo surrounding this amotekun. If the igbos also come out with their own security outfits too, then ''There was a country''.
The East is the fear factor of this main noise by the northerners. They know the East will surely create their own which will be a good move.
How can we not see the beauty of security?
These people are so afraid of all regions having regional stability and security from those Libyan or Malian militias pretending to be herdsmen.

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
Every other region seems to be in support of this security outfit even bitter neighbors ipob,but why is the north in jeopardy?
The devil you know is better than friends with benefit

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by YungMillionaire: 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2020
Bollove:
The day Southern Nigerian Unite that will be the last day for northern hegemony..... Hope the Southern Nigeria will unite .....

Let's have Southern Nigerian Security Network (SNSN) .... Southern Nigeria Governor's Forum should discuss this ... Fulani herdsmen , Kidnapping and bandits is a common problem to the whole Southern Nigeria.

Hausa/Fulani are not much than Middle belt minorities and the entire Southern Nigeria but they have one voice and that is their strength.

The Northern Oligarchs are trying to expand and they will resist any obstacles towards expansion ... Hope Southern Nigeria will forget past atrocities and come up with one voice .

See pesin wey get brain...chai more oil to your wheel.
Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
EcoBrick:
That's the way to go. Falana made that suggestion earlier by citing how Lagos State set the precedent by passing the Neighbourhood Safety Agency bill legalizing the creation of the Lagos State Neighbourhood Safety Agency (LNSA) and Corps (LNSC). The moment that is done there's nothing any detractor can do about it.

I doubt that there would have been any detractor if the right thing had been done from the inception. No one would have been able to point out its illegality, and no one would have had to read meanings into that correct (at the time) observation.
Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by Bollove: 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2020
YungMillionaire:

See pesin wey get brain...chai more oil to your wheel.
Amen bro , amen. Bless you too.

Re: South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun by mushystuff: 4:55pm On Jan 18, 2020
statusquoante:
This should have come first.

Why place the cart before horse

Isn't it already too late

Too late how? There is no court order barring the State Houses of Assembly from carrying out their constitutional duties in fact no court can bar the legislature from exercising its legislative powers. The courts can only entertain issues or challenges against any legislation that must have first been passed.

Reported Killings In Nigeria: Breakdown Of Affected States, Geopolitical Zones / US Asks Nigeria To Restrict Super Tucano To North / Photos: INEC Official Caught With Thumb-Printed Ballot Papers In Ajeromi

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56