Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

A’Ibom Senatorial Rerun: “APC Still in the Race”, Akpabio Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A’Ibom Senatorial Rerun: “APC Still in the Race”, Akpabio Insists (846 Views)

Kano Rerun: APC Stakeholders Meet In Nasarawa LGA, Strategize How To Win / Rerun: APC Wins PDP In Osogbo / Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A’Ibom Senatorial Rerun: “APC Still in the Race”, Akpabio Insists by CGMedia: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
Warns against smearing his name via ‘sponsored petitions’

The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio says though he was no longer contesting the forthcoming January 25, 2020 rerun election in Akwa Ibom North-West Senatorial District, his party was however still in the race.

Akpabio, a former governor of Akwa Ibom state, had written his party, the All Progressive Congress (APC) to replace him following his withdrawal from the rerun election, citing “critical assignment” placed on him as minister.

A statement sent to Igbere TV on Saturday signed by Anietie Ekong, Chief Press Secretary to the Minister, said the APC had submitted the name of Hon. Ekperikpe Ekpo as a replacement for Akpabio. This, he said, was acknowledged by INEC.

He said Akpabio, who is currently on inspection visit to some states in the Niger Delta to assess the projects executed by the Ministry under him, restated his position in Uyo that he would not be a candidate in the election because of “higher national responsibilities” as the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs.

He, however, declared his full support for Ekpo, a former Member of the House of Representatives whom his party, the APC had picked as his replacement, having emerged as the runner up in the primaries, and urged his supporters and the people of Essien Udim to massively vote for him.

The APC had through the National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and the then Acting National Secretary, Hon. Victor Giadom in compliance with the requirement for 45 days notice to be given for the substitution of candidates, written to the Chairman of INEC, to submit the name of Ekpo as a replacement for Akpabio in the election.

“Senator Akpabio however aligns himself with the position of his party, the APC as expressed by the State Chairman, Hon Ini Okopido in a recent press statement that “As we prepare for the re-run elections in Essien Udim LGA, we are cautious and mindful of a re-run election superintended by Mike Igini. We have no faith in Igini’s impartiality as an unbiased and independent umpire. Igini is a compromised official and avowed enemy of APC. We are distraught and doubtful of a change of posture and therefore cautious to go into a fresh election while Igini remains the State REC. Only a foolish survivor would ask the same hired assassin to extract the bullet from his body.”

“It has been brought to the attention of Senator Akpabio of a sinister plot by some paid political jobbers and miscreants who appear jittery about the upcoming elections in Essien Udim LGA to write spurious petitions to security agencies and make all manners of wild allegations against Senator Akpabio.

“Having withdrawn from the contest to face higher national responsibilities, we caution political jobbers to desist forthwith from their planned smear campaigns against Senator Akpabio and unnecessarily heating up the polity”, the statement added.

The CPS warned that, “The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Akpabio will have no choice than to invoke the full weight of the law against anyone who engages in any plot to smear his name through sponsored, fabricated petitions. A word is enough for the wise.”

The Court of Appeal sitting in Calabar, Cross River State had voided the declaration of Peoples Democratic Party’s Chris Ekpenyong by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the Senator representing Akwa Ibom North-West Senatorial District.

The Court also ordered fresh election to be conducted in Essien Udim, Akpabio’s Local Government Area which INEC subsequently scheduled the election for January 25, 2020, as previously reported by Igbere TV.

http://igberetvnews.com/1264903/aibom-rerun-apc-still-race-akpabio-insists/

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

Re: A’Ibom Senatorial Rerun: “APC Still in the Race”, Akpabio Insists by CGMedia: 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: A’Ibom Senatorial Rerun: “APC Still in the Race”, Akpabio Insists by nwamabo247(m): 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2020
But he can not be replaced since it is a rerun election, only those that are participant in the previous election are qualified.senator ngige of APC and chief Victor umeh of apga as a case study.anambra central senatorial re-run, ngige did not participate because he was already made minister and party APC could not replaced him..
PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu state,12yrs ago in 2007 ihave a quadruplegic spinal cord injure which resulted in me been in bedridden condition and unable to move around no source of income yet because my fingers are partialy afected my family has suffer and spend so much this condition especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence see my signature for more details please
Re: A’Ibom Senatorial Rerun: “APC Still in the Race”, Akpabio Insists by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 18, 2020
We admire your non-giving up spirit though.
Re: A’Ibom Senatorial Rerun: “APC Still in the Race”, Akpabio Insists by yanabasee(m): 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2020
I believe he will do LOOT better with NDDC...

Akpabio to the South South.....
Re: A’Ibom Senatorial Rerun: “APC Still in the Race”, Akpabio Insists by Racoon(m): 8:17pm On Jan 18, 2020
cheesy Apkabio go contest and go into uncommon political oblivion.Replacement? This is a senatorial rerun, so you cant be replace Mr.NDDC minister.
Re: A’Ibom Senatorial Rerun: “APC Still in the Race”, Akpabio Insists by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
So Akpabio cam fear like this... common and ordinary thrashing, my guy dey pick race...

He no wan loose 2-0.... lol
Re: A’Ibom Senatorial Rerun: “APC Still in the Race”, Akpabio Insists by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:43pm On Jan 18, 2020
Akpabio, a former governor of Akwa Ibom state, had written his party, the All Progressive Congress to replace him, citing “critical assignment” placed on him as minister.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A’Ibom Senatorial Rerun: “APC Still in the Race”, Akpabio Insists by PicLtd: 9:29pm On Jan 18, 2020
Lol... Akpabio you can't be replaced in a re-run Sir, stop pushing another candidate to go and waste his time.

(1) (Reply)

What You Don't Know About Ogun Councillorship Aspirant, Comrade Jimoh Nurudeen O / President Buhari Tweeted Before Coming Into Power / Nigerians Are Really Not Smiling. Our Eyes Don Open.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.