Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures (73720 Views)

Western Nigeria Development And News Thread / Nnamdi Kanu Launches ‘Eastern Security Network’ (Photos) / How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Balyz: 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2020
ngadaAwo:
no
i do legit only
I seriously doubt it
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by syntekelite(m): 12:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
guys forget hisbah police,the north will have an excuse for them.. ask any northerner about iyabanga outfit, they wear blue uniform, carry guns,have positional promotions like police,they make arrests and they hve been existin in north since early 2000's.. so if iyabanga can exist amotekun will exist.. share till all those in charge of amotekun see this. dnt use hisbah police as an argument against amotekun,use iyabanga and the north will keep shut..

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by allthingsgood: 12:54pm On Jan 19, 2020
santori:

freedom of lawful association is in the constitution

What of association of armed robbers
Smh
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2020
allthingsgood:

Smh
The one you belong.....
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
pacespot:

I like this your narrative, though society is now modernized, we have modern police, military and para military comprised of all tribes. Hope Yoruba's can learn from history, but Nigeria unity is also important. But the invasive attitude of these Fulani's needs to be put to check.

Ina esi ki joni lemeji ! The Police,Military and other paramilitary are structured to be tools in the hands of promoters of Fulani hegemonic and expansionist agenda.

Certain stuffs cannot be discussed here,but certainly Yoruba won't be caught unaware by the antics of these murderous fulanis.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by bakescos01: 12:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
3Ceagle:

Can you tell me the part of my comment that is contrary to what you have outlined above. May be you should check my others comment on this issue, it might give you a better insight to what i have said about amotekun and federalism.

Am sorry, I must have misunderstood you.
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by allthingsgood: 12:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
ThiagoKid:
Eyaaah is that your fear? mtchew go jor!

Let common sense guide u dear
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by jansonn(m): 1:02pm On Jan 19, 2020
itsme01:

first Vigilantees are constituitional, all Nigerians have the right to defend themselves, secondly baring arms is allowed if you have lisence collected from state police command duly signed by state governor, and Lastly under our constituition citizens have the right to make an arrest in the absence of a police but have to hand them over to the police for prosecution, upon the agreement of State Department of Public Prosecution ..

Bakassi and OPC are unregistered and unlisenced back then and without government backing Amotekun not only has Government backing, it duly informed IGP and office of the NSA of its activities

about your fear of Amotekun and the citizens, their jurisdiction is mainly in the forest leading to highways linking southwest cities where kidnappers and bandits are based and opreate from, regurlar police would never go into the forest as they a civilian police with jurisdiction only where civilisation is

since FG cant protect us with revered Afenifere's leaders daughter killed and former health Minister son kidnapped we cant wait till SouthWest turns to Boko Haram zone or Kaduna - Abuja express way, we have all right to protect our self

Almost all estate in abuja occupied by big men has lisenced guards so nothhing is stoping south west.. and for your information Amotekun are now fully opreational i am in Ibadan and i can fully confirm that to you, even CP olukolu pledged his support

God bless u my G
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by allthingsgood: 1:05pm On Jan 19, 2020
bs81:

what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Hate Amotekun or love it, we cannot have a Hisbah police up North to help tackle insecurity problems and situations, and say Amotekun in the South is illegal. It is a dangerous precedent being set by the FG and a time bomb only waiting to explode in no distance future. This country has never been so divided since the Lugardian era. Buhari is an idiot.

Lol awon wailers. Calm down. No kill ursef with high bp
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by allthingsgood: 1:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
fairfora:
Let them try it first and we shall see who would go to court. For your ignorant mind, they have commenced operations already. Why have the army or the police not clashed with them still? You don't even have a coherent point. Have a nice day

Lol cry me a river grin
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by sharone21(f): 1:10pm On Jan 19, 2020
Smartchoiice:
Wole Soyinka

I RESPECT this SAN guy who charges clients in dollars.
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by bs81(m): 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2020
[quote author=allthingsgood post=85925361]
Lol awon wailers. Calm down. No kill ursef with high bp[/quote eventually the fire will consume all of us.
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Goalnaldo(m): 1:20pm On Jan 19, 2020
Is this amotekun the Yoruba version of amatokwu?? undecided
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by kayusely70(m): 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
Postboiswag:
Today is my birthday
Happy Birthday To U Brother

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by zolajpower: 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
LOVEGINO:
grin

Just see how this man is wasting black berry grin that's good for cramp
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by 4four(m): 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2020
allthingsgood:

Nobody is fearing anything. Constitution doesn't give powers to any region to form vigilante. Amotekun is unconstitutional and illegal

Besides if not that Nigerians are too stupidly short-sighted with extensive memory loss, haven't we been down this road before How did bakassi, opc vigilante etc end?? By the time the amotekun realise their power and turn on the citizens, it's the same people that will be crying for fg to save them
but ur hisban and civilian JTF are legal and constitutional? Mr face ur front, who is talking about opc or bakasi boys,
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
sharone21:

I RESPECT this SAN guy who charges clients in dollars.
All about reputation

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Kirinwa: 2:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
Smartchoiice:
....NO LAW PROHIBITS THE ESTABLISHMENT OF OPERATION AMOTEKUN —

Chief Afe Babalola SAN
Chancellor ABUA
Bamofin Oyo

January 16, 2020

THE Attorney General of the Federation was reported to have declared the regional community security outfit (Amotekun) illegal.

I disagree with the Attorney General. On the contrary, it is absolutely constitutional and legal.

The issue of Amotekun is an issue of Public Safety and Protection of property.

There is no law in Nigeria which prevents citizens from being able to secure their lives and properties.

Indeed without protecting the right to life and property, no other right can be exercised as one has to be alive to enforce other rights as guaranteed in the Constitution.

The Nigeria Police does not enjoy exclusive jurisdiction when it comes to the protection of lives and property.

As a matter of fact, in many parts of Nigeria, various outfits such as Civilian JTF, Hisbah Police, Vigilantes have been performing the duty of protecting lives and properties.

There is nowhere in the Police Act where a citizen is prohibited from being vigilant to protect his life or property either personally or together with other citizens.

Citizens of Nigeria have always enjoyed a right to effect what is known as a citizens arrest where any person is found to have committed an offence before handover to the police for prosecution.

In addition, private citizens also may in certain circumstances prosecute persons who have committed crimes.

Thus in Part V of the Criminal Code Act S.275 which provides as follow: “it is lawful for any person who witnesses a breach of the peace to interfere to prevent the continuance or renewal of it, and to use such force as is reasonably necessary for such prevention and is reasonably proportioned to the danger to be apprehended from such continuance or renewal, and to detain any person who is committing or who is about to join in or to renew the breach of the peace for such time as may be reasonably necessary in order to give him into the custody of a peace officer or police officer…”.

A communal reading of sections S.272/273 Criminal Code will reveal that: a person may arrest a person who has committed an offence and prevent his escape.

Neither the constitution in Sections 214-216 nor the Police Act in Section 10 gives the Police an exclusive duty to secure lives and properties.

All the above support the establishment of the Amotekun which has been established to give an official teeth to the provision of the Criminal Code which allows private citizens to arrest and detain offenders and bandits and to hand them over to the police.

Given the provisions of the Criminal Code in Sections 272-275, the right of citizens to arrest any person for committing an offence is legal and may be exercised individually or communally.

In any event, the regional community security outfit known as Operation Amotekun cannot be set aside by oral pronouncement by the Attorney General or any other body.

Only the Court of Law can declare the establishment illegal.

The Presidency is making a huge mistake.
This was what led to the military coups in the past.

They turned a blind eye to Hisbah police. Why open it on hearing Amotekun.

It simply means islamization is real. See as they are killing Benue indigenes on top their own lands o. Why kind of madness is it?

Very soon, they will claim ownership of all lands in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by allthingsgood: 3:05pm On Jan 19, 2020
4four:
but ur hisban and civilian JTF are legal and constitutional? Mr face ur front, who is talking about opc or bakasi boys,

I know u secretly have sense
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Teddyg2(m): 4:08pm On Jan 19, 2020
Leopard �

fegori:
Someone pls tell me the meaning of Amotekun in English.
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by ZooOga: 4:51pm On Jan 19, 2020
Valid Questions to ponder.

From which budget/s did these governors use to purchase these brand new shiny red Amotekun vehicles?

Who was the vendor that supplied the vehicles?

How much was the vendor's profit margin?

Did said vendor/s chop with the governors?

Has the paperwork, bill of sales and prices been made public?

What is the process of hiring Amotekun officers, and what will be their salary for such dangerous and hazardous work?

Will Amotekun officers have arrest powers and/or license to kill and where is that written in any of the present state and federal laws?

What type of communication network is planned to link Amotekun with police and military units?

When will training commence to properly handle high powered weaponry to thwart the bold criminals and stealthy terrorists?

Have these governors settled all salary arrears of present state workers?

Have these governors started paying the newly mandated (since April 2019) minimum wage salary increases to state workers?

Requesting well thought-out and respectful responses.

God Bless and thank you in advance.
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Informer155(m): 5:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
I see Nigerian coming to an end of suffering.....Hausa Fulani & yoruba fighting!!! Amotekun!
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by ignis: 5:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
bakescos01:

Amotekun has already seen the light of the day. Pray you see more light of the day. Seeing people being killed and kidnapped and you feel comfortable about it. Don’t let me pray you or your family be a victim of any of this mischief .

What is the function of the police and civil defense ?
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by bakescos01: 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2020
ignis:

What is the function of the police and civil defense ?

Collecting bribes on the road and police station.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by santori: 5:20pm On Jan 19, 2020
allthingsgood:

Smh

read my comment slowly and read it again, how does "association armed robbers " relate to "right to lawful association���
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by santori: 5:23pm On Jan 19, 2020
ZooOga:
Valid Questions to ponder.

From which budget/s did these governors use to purchase these brand new shiny red Amotekun vehicles?

Who was the vendor that supplied the vehicles?

How much was the vendor's profit margin?

Did said vendor/s chop with the governors?

Has the paperwork, bill of sales and prices been made public?

What is the process of hiring Amotekun officers, and what will be their salary for such dangerous and hazardous work?

Will Amotekun officers have arrest powers and/or license to kill and where is that written in any of the present state and federal laws?

What type of communication network is planned to link Amotekun with police and military units?

When will training commence to properly handle high powered weaponry to thwart the bold criminals and stealthy terrorists?

Have these governors settled all salary arrears of present state workers?

Have these governors started paying the newly mandated (since April 2019) minimum wage salary increases to state workers?

Requesting well thought-out and respectful responses.

God Bless and thank you in advance.

go and ask the northern governors all this question concerning hisbah and CJTV. yeye dey smell. nonsense and ingredients
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Legendguru: 5:26pm On Jan 19, 2020
Drama everywhere rather than progress and economic development

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by ZooOga: 5:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
santori:

go and ask the northern governors all this question concerning hisbah and CJTV. yeye dey smell. nonsense and ingredients

Why deflect from the pertinent question? I don't think the northern region has anything to do with the topic.
Some ppl have the north on dere yeye brains like many suffer daily empty brain glucose and stomachs. grin
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Biodun556(m): 5:49pm On Jan 19, 2020
itsme01:

whats your fear and the fears of the Northern elders?? lets discuss like adults

If North west had taken proactive measures while north east was burning. The issue of bandit killings would have been minimal if not completely mitigated.
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by santori: 6:04pm On Jan 19, 2020
ZooOga:

Why deflect from the pertinent question? I don't think the northern region has anything to do with the topic.
Some ppl have the north on dere yeye brains like many suffer daily empty brain glucose and stomachs. grin

the northern region has everything to do with your questions so direct the questions at them.
your questions is filled with hypocrisy, get your answers from the northern governors shey hisbah and civilian JTF has been in place for years
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by ZooOga: 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2020
santori:

the northern region has everything to do with your questions so direct the questions at them.
your questions is filled with hypocrisy, get your answers from the northern governors shey hisbah and civilian JTF has been in place for years

Which hypocrisy? straight forward questions and I welcome any and all to chime in on the questions including Northern Nairalanders. wink

And did Northern governors purchase these vehicles? grin

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by santori: 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2020
ZooOga:

Which hypocrisy? straight forward questions and I welcome any and all to chime in on the questions including Northern Nairalanders. wink

And did Northern governors purchase these vehicles? grin

can you pls direct this your straight forward questions to northern governors with similar outfits. Abi hisbah cjtf rides horses to carry out their duties too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Meets With Peter Obi And Atiku In Abuja (Photos) / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb / The New 3 Wise Men In Lagos. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.