Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro (24228 Views)

Why Terrorists Couldn’t Have Stolen N82m, $36,000 Cash From Kuje Prison / Ndume: FG Complacent On Security, Funds Are Being Approved For Trivialities / Edo Election: INEC Staff Take Cash From APC, Claim They Have Not Been Paid - AIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by yns4real: 3:52pm On Jan 21, 2019
A former minister on Monday testified that he was directed to pay money from public funds to a former governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose.

Musiliu Obanikoro, a former minister of state for defence, gave evidence on Monday before Mojisola Olatoregun, a judge of the Federal High Court in Lagos during the trial of Mr Fayose.

Mr Obanikoro said he was directed to pay money to Mr Fayose from national security funds.

He said this while being led in evidence by the prosecuting counsel, Rotimi Jacobs, who is prosecuting the case on behalf of the anti-graft agency, EFCC.

Mr Fayose and his company, Spotless, are being prosecuted for alleged illegal diversion of funds of about N6.9 billion.

Mr Obanikoro told the court that, “on a Monday in June, 2014 I received a call from Mr Peter Ayodele Fayose, when we were approaching the gubernatorial election in Ekiti State, wanting to know if there is any message from National Security Adviser Col Sambo Dasuki but I replied no.

“But shortly after his call, a message came in from NSA saying certain amount of money will be received into the account that was opened to manage Boko Haram threat under my watch as minister of state for defence. NSA told me that Fayose will call me as to how he will receive the money.”

“A total equivalent of $5 million from National Security Adviser impress account was given to Fayose by the order of NSA.”

He also said that Mr Fayose introduced one “Biodun Agbele to me that he would be the one to receive the money for him which was done in Akure Airport because it was physical cash.”

“I had earlier wanted to transfer the dollars so that the Naira equivalent can be withdrawn in Ado Ekiti, which was the reason why I initially called Diamond Bank M.D but he replied that the bank does not have such capacity in Ado Ekiti for that huge amount of money.”

The former minister also told the court that due to the inability of the bank to pay the equivalent of the money in naira, he had to give physical cash of N200 million to Mr Fayose on June 5, 2014, from the National Security Adviser’s imprest account. He said another N2 billion was paid to Mr Fayose on the 16th of June 2014 from the same account.

He further informed the court that his late aide was in the meeting where Mr Fayose acknowledged the receipt of a total naira equivalent of $5m at Spotless hotel in Ado Ekiti, owned by Mr Fayose.

The counsel to Mr Fayose, Kanu Agabi, a senior advocate, applied for an adjournment to enable him to cross-examine Mr Obanikoro. He said the witness had said a lot in court and he would need time to look through his statements before cross-examining the witness.

The counsel to the 2nd defendant, Olalekan Ojo, a senior advocate, also urged the judge to adjourn the case to enable him to confer with his client on the evidence of the witness.

The judge, Mojisola Olatoregun, subsequently adjourned the case to February 4,5 and 6, 2019.

The EFCC is accusing the former governor and his company, Spotless, of receiving various funds from the office of former NSA, Dasuki Sambo. The monies are believed to have been meant for security tasks including funding the war against Boko Haram.

Part of the charge reads that “on June 17, 2014, Fayose and Agbele were said to have taken possession of the sum of N1.2 billion, for purposes of funding his gubernatorial election campaign in Ekiti State, which sum they reasonably ought to have known formed part of crime proceeds.”

The former governor was also alleged to have received a cash payment of $5 million (about N1.8 billion) from Mr Obanikoro, without going through any financial institution.

The offences contravened the provisions of sections 15(1), 15 (2), 15 (3), 16(2) (b), 16 (d), and 18 (c) of the Money Laundering Prohibition Act 2011.

Messrs Obanikoro and Fayose were allies and members of the opposition PDP during the period of the transaction. The former minister has, however, since joined Nigeria’s ruling party, APC, and is now a prosecution witness.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/306882-how-i-gave-fayose-5mn-cash-from-nigerias-security-funds-obanikoro.html

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by GOFRONT(m): 3:53pm On Jan 21, 2019
No woman on the surface of this earth suffers aggressive rape more than Nigeria......

As I'm typing this, a rapist somewhere is raping her....

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by helinues: 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2019
Koro is now a saint .. The toothless dog attentions would be shifted to Fayose.

Fighting corruption in one direction

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by Flexherbal(m): 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2019
“But shortly after his call, a message came in from NSA saying certain amount of money will be received into the account that was opened to manage Boko Haram threat under my watch as minister of state for defence. NSA told me that Fayose will call me as to how he will receive the money.”

3 Likes

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by freemanbubble: 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2019
isokay
Good move
Apc should jail whoever is corrupt
Na their time them dey
So those people saying selective persecution should shut up

Whenever PDP enter power make them also do their own
As smart Nigerians when we be we go dey observe the two political parties dey fight corruption without them realising it
That is why every four years we supposed dey change them make them for kill and fight themselves
Them think say them get sense.

With these Nigeria will get rid off thieves

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by 151487made(m): 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2019
Another born again APC vomiting trash

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by firstolalekan(m): 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2019
OLOROBURUKU

WASTEFUL ROGUE GENERATION

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by LagosismyHome(f): 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2019
Na wa. ... money that could be used to set up factories and create jobs for the next generation. The leaders are just sharing it up and down.

We really need a revolution in this country for true change to happen.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by bolafez(m): 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2019
Once you join our party, all your sins are forgiven.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by KanwuliaExtra: 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2019
Please, we do not believe what we cannot see.
The “BABARIGA” or nothing! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJSwmoJAUUg

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by Lexusgs430: 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2019
Crossover to the APC, and your sins are forgiven...... Adams Oshiomole 2019..........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by DLondonboiy: 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2019
grin
Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by Yankee101: 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2019
Yoruba sellout. Fvcking typical

These funds were distributed to EVERY PDP State. Why are the igbos or Hausas not selling themselves out?

Even Buhari got paid out of it and SUVs bought for him

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by omoteacher(m): 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Obanikoro has already said these before. Money dey dis naija just wastage and mismanagement too much.

2 Likes

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by omooba969(m): 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2019
$5m....! shocked

Lol cheesy This is Nigeria. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by Bakeroy: 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2019
ok too lol
Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by IamPatriotic(m): 4:19pm On Jan 21, 2019
Mark this post, Fayose will decamp to APC very soon...

3 Likes

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by Huffington: 4:19pm On Jan 21, 2019
Yet the Obanikoro nigga is walking free...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by rusher14: 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2019
He entered a plea bargain a tool widely used around the world in issues of criminal justice.

8 Likes

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by Racoon(m): 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2019
The All Progressive Congress (APC) has said once those who looted the nation’s treasury join its fold, all their sins will be forgiven.

The national chairman of the ruling party, Adams Oshiomhole, stated this on Thursday at the presidential campaign rally held in Benin, the Edo State capital.

.......Once you join the APC, all your sins are forgiven,” the top APC official said.

https://politicstimesng.com/apc-once-you-join-apc-all-your-sins-are-forgiven/

2 Likes

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by spydes: 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2019
“But shortly after his call, a message came in from NSA saying certain amount of money will be received into the account that was opened to manage Boko Haram threat under my watch as minister of state for defence.

Under your watch indeed and you are boldly testifying against someone else...smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2019
shocked

Naira or dollars Choi na wa o

And some people from their first generation till date never see such eg the individual typing this cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by ebuk4real(m): 4:21pm On Jan 21, 2019
grin grin

Watch how foolish EFFC has allowed the executive arm of the federal government to use her to behave FOOLISHLY...

If not; how can Obanikoro, the giver of the bribe, because he has joined the saint party, is now used as a witness. When both men should be facing trial.

We are just backward in our thinking....

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by Naijawebmaster: 4:21pm On Jan 21, 2019
Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by toksbaba2000: 4:21pm On Jan 21, 2019
Huffington:
Yet the Obanikoro nigga is walking free...

if you arrest Obanikoro, You will arrest Jonathan too

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2019
This man's still talking?
Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by ritmek(f): 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2019
obanikoro has gone to take shelter in Apc just like Akpabio

6 Likes

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by wink2015(m): 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
MIGHTY MEN WHO FINISH THIS COUNTRY FINANCIALLY!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by Manuel69: 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
Go to APC and your sins will be forgiven

1 Like

Re: How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro by Promismike(m): 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2019
O

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo / Cry For Help About The State Of Ogun Roads / Nigeria, South Africa To Issue 10yr Visa To Businessmen, Academics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.