Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur (2015 Views)

John Oyegun Emerges APC Presidential Screening Committee Chairman / Edo 2020: John Oyegun Explains How Buhari Endorsed Obaseki / Photos From John Oyegun's 80th Birthday Celebration In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by EsomahJD: 9:15pm On Jan 18, 2020
The Former National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief John Odigie Oyegun has said that the country is not working adding that the people are losing faith in its leaders.

Oyegun made this comment while speaking at the 17th edition of the Daily Trust Dialogue. He revealed that there was an active threat to the Nation’s democracy. In his words;

“I borrow from what the former governor of Borno State (Kashim Shettima) said. He passionately appealed that we must try to make Nigeria work. Why is Nigeria not working? At the risk of being misinterpreted, let me make the point that we have been growing in those 20 years, every year and with every administration,”

“I dare to even say that there is hardly a single administration in those 20 years that has not left office unpopular and unheralded.”

“We have never asked ourselves the question why are our people getting increasingly unhappy with their governors within those 20 years. Why are they getting poorer, why are they losing hope, those are the questions I think pose a threat to our democracy because today we are beginning to hear rumblings that we didn’t hear before.”

https://politicsnigeria.com/nigeria-is-not-working-trouble-in-apc-as-ex-chairman-john-oyegun-makes-u-turn/
Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by chris4gold(m): 9:16pm On Jan 18, 2020
Okay
Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by rejoice4eva(m): 9:28pm On Jan 18, 2020
In a simpler form, why does the government hate the citizens so much by all their actions and inactions? Why does it look as if they are deliberately making us sad, poor, wretched , hopeless and frustrated ?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by GamalNasser: 9:29pm On Jan 18, 2020
Losing faith or we has since lost all faith

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by itsme01: 9:29pm On Jan 18, 2020
grin

Obaseki shouldnt finish his money on this people , he should save some in Paris like Ambode

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by tyson99(m): 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2020
After dem cut am off and he no see national cake chop again,he must be mad!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by danot1030: 9:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
If the embittered Oyegun is still the chairman of APC will he be saying this?

Anyway the story is for the children of hate from the south east to masturbate with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by Goldencheese(m): 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2020
Are you also saying that the APC govt has failed? But as an elder, instead of prevarication, shouldn't you say it more clearly and boldly?
Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by kayusely70(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2020
Sour Grapes!
Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by Abfinest007(m): 10:32pm On Jan 18, 2020
ask ur self
Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by Racoon(m): 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2020
Hope he is not ostrasizing himself from the failure of his party and government-APC because Tony Momoh said "Stone Us If We Failed After Two Years"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by Susu888(m): 5:24am On Jan 19, 2020
Mr Oyegun good morning to you, so na now you know say all 9ja Governors but for a few are useless and their people are complaining?? undecided

Well at least you finally woke up or maybe just trying to grab your self a political seat by 2023.... whtever it is abeg join the queue!!
Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by Kingspin(m): 5:50am On Jan 19, 2020
*Only devil believe that country is working*.

Just to please the North, and excuse himself from everlasting shame, Gowon said, he has no regrets.

50 years down the line,. The war is still on as I type.

This is more than regret.
Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by AroOkigbo(m): 7:35am On Jan 19, 2020
danot1030:

Anyway the story is for the children of hate from the south east to masturbate with.
Yoruba muslim. ..I heard you pronounce it as "shildren of ate"
Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by shugabasbn: 7:52am On Jan 19, 2020
Honestly Oyegun is one of the people that raped the country to comatose state. They bleeped the country when their in power n refused to carried the outcome of their rapes
Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by omowolewa: 8:07am On Jan 19, 2020
What was his effort to making it better?
Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by digitaltrades: 8:14am On Jan 19, 2020
But APC shameless paid agents, like , yarimo, buhariadvocate, etc are saying otherwise.

I'm not surprised that is on the side of absurdity, though. I don't expect much from a man living double standard. You are free to reply with your alternative monickers. That's your modus operandi.
Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:17am On Jan 19, 2020
“I borrow from what the former governor of Borno State (Kashim Shettima) said. He passionately appealed that we must try to make Nigeria work. Why is Nigeria not working? At the risk of being misinterpreted, let me make the point that we have been growing in those 20 years, every year and with every administration,”

“I dare to even say that there is hardly a single administration in those 20 years that has not left office unpopular and unheralded.”
We must all hold our leaders accountable.
May God punish all the corrupt politicians that looted our country into recession.
Politicans that stole, looted our national treasury, burying billions of dollars in latrine, pits and on farms.
Politicans buying million of dollars worth of jewelries while the citizen suffer.
May everyone of them and all the people supporting them all end miserably in life and may they never have any good thing come to their doorsteps as long as they live.

No be curse.
Na FACT.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.
We are in safe hands.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by digitaltrades: 8:19am On Jan 19, 2020
danot1030:

Yes, oyegun wouldn't be saying the truth if he was still part of buhari's favorites, the same way people like you are turning deaf ears to the truth and reality.

And when will you wake up from this absurdity that only south east people are opposed to buhari's bad leadership? Don't you think this view point is very stupid?

And for how long are you going to hide behind "children of hate" to cover up buhari's/APC's incompetence? How does opposing bad leadership translate to being children of hate? Aren't you being unreasonable?
Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by BuhariAdvocate: 8:36am On Jan 19, 2020
Oyegun is suffering from acute intellectual amnesia. He spoke as a bitter unintelligent loser with no political strings to pull anymore. Pray for him please.
digitaltrades:
But APC shameless paid agents, like , yarimo, buhariadvocate, etc are saying otherwise.

I'm not surprised that is on the side of absurdity, though. I don't expect much from a man living double standard. You are free to reply with your alternative monickers. That's your modus operandi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Not Working’ – Trouble In APC As Ex-chairman, John Oyegun Makes U-tur by digitaltrades: 8:49am On Jan 19, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Oyegun is suffering from acute intellectual amnesia. He spoke as a bitter unintelligent loser with no political strings to pull anymore. Pray for him please.

When will you also abuse wole Shoyinka, and evey leader of thoughts that has spoken against buhari's poor leadership? They are also suffering from amnesia, abi?

For how long will you render your brain useless and remain a disciple of stupidity?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Let's Root For ISOKO Governor, Come 2023 In Delta State / Swagger: See Exclusive Pictures Of 92 Year Old Afenifere Leader, Pa Ayo Adebanjo / Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.