Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? (2021 Views)

Abdulrasheed Bawa Moved From DSS Headquarters To Private Facility / Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs / FG Gives FAAN, NAMA, Others 45 Days To Relocate Headquarters To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Blue3k(m): 12:59am On Apr 23, 2021
The stated goal of building Dakkada Towers towers was to attract IOCs like mobil Nigeria to relocate the headquarters to Akwa ibom. Now that its complete we've yet to see one make a firm commitment on moving the HQ. Mobil has taken a tour stating they're still thinking about the decision years after being informed about the project. When do these IOCs plan on relocating to their HQ to the state?

For years, Akwa Ibom suffered from dearth of international standard office accommodations for world class corporate organizations as well as International Oil Companies, IOCs, some of which operate in the state but with operational base and headquarters in other cities, a situation which deprived the state of huge internally generated revenues, IGR.

As a leader committed to the overall development of the state in all sectors, Governor Emmanuel saw the turn-key high rise office building as a bait for the oil companies which hitherto laid claims to lack of suitable business accommodations as the major hindrance to the relocation of their headquarters and operational base to Akwa Ibom State.

It is notable that with the very friendly government policies, so many investors have been attracted to Akwa Ibom while some others such as ExxonMobil and Black Rhino have gone ahead to register their intent to share in the opulence of the 21 storey commercial business accommodation.

Front page: Lalasticlala myd44

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Vaughanlanrewaj: 1:07am On Apr 23, 2021
I think the issue has never been about lack of offices. Besides, Lagos is now an oil producing state. Then, the strident calls were that Lagos is not an oil producing state but it has since changed.
Akwa Ibom/Cross Rivers States and white Elephant projects are like 5&6. Too much money in those states but not pulling much investors despite these huge projects. Akwa Ibom especially has been very disappointing with one of the highest unemployment level in the country despite its huge wealth. Something is wrong with the state and I just can't fathom it but if Kaduna could be pulling huge Foreign investments that pushed them up, Akwa Ibom can too.visit www.freestuffsng.com if you want free stuff in Nigeria.God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by TarOrfeeek: 1:15am On Apr 23, 2021
I like how the SS are taking a direct approach to questioning why IOCs are goaded into setting up offices in Lagos.

Lagos is the sole container berthing port
Lagos without oil has all the IOCs office and revenue and taxes and jobs.
Lagos hosts their retreats and other revenue generating events.

That is unfair now. Its like Etihad/Emirates having their HQ in Newyork instead of Dubai.

2 Likes

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Blue3k(m): 1:18am On Apr 23, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
I think the issue has never been about lack of offices. Besides, Lagos is now an oil producing state. Then, the strident calls were that Lagos is not an oil producing state but it has since changed.

Lagos was producing oil in 2018 when they embarked on this project. Did their whole argument for relocating there hinge on that singular fact?

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Vaughanlanrewaj: 1:22am On Apr 23, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
I like how the SS are taking a direct approach to questioning why IOCs are goaded into setting up offices in Lagos.

That is unfair now. Its like Etihad/Emirates having their HQ in Newyork instead of Dubai.

O ga o. Is it that you guys just don't like getting facts at least to back up your strong opinionated online comments?
Lagos has been an oil producing state since 2016! It was even denied her oil quota subvention for about 2 years before it was eventually sorted.

Please try and find out the truth at all times to match your strong views sir.

Here's a video link report and screenshot to clear the doubts.

https://www.africanews.com/2016/05/04/nigeria-starts-crude-oil-production-in-lagos/

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Vaughanlanrewaj: 1:33am On Apr 23, 2021
Blue3k:

Lagos was producing oil in 2018 when they embarked on this project. Did their whole argument for Relocating to them hinge on that singular fact?
Please look at the date on your screenshot. It's 2016 not 2018 cheesy

Oil production in Lagos officially was announced to have started in 2016 after 25 years of prospecting for the oil just like Ghana not 2018 even though some believe the oil production in Lagos actually started before 2016 but was just officially announced in 2016.

I believe the main reason was morally and politically right because the oil companies were not producing oil in Lagos and Lagos was not an oil producing state as at then. The last call was made in 2017 and before they could move, Lagos officially became an oil producing state just few months after the order in 2018 so the premise to make a relocation order will need to change.visit www.freestiffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.

https://www.africanews.com/2017/03/05/nigeria-oil-companies-to-relocate-to-niger-delta/

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by igbozionism(m): 2:06am On Apr 23, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
Akwa Ibom/Cross Rivers States and white Elephant projects are like 5&6. Too much money in those states but not pulling much investors despite these huge projects. Akwa Ibom especially has been very disappointing with one of the highest unemployment level in the country despite its huge wealth. Something is wrong with the state and I just can't fathom it but if Kaduna could be pulling huge Foreign investments that pushed them up, Akwa Ibom can too.visit www.freestuffsng.com if you want free stuff in Nigeria.God bless Nigeria.
Stop deceiving yourself. Lagos produces 0 barrels of crude oil. The little oil has dried up. The company did not make proper assessment of the oil reserve before embarking on drilling.

As of January 2021 Lagos received 0 naira as 13% derivation. Oil has dried up in Lagos.
Let the ioc move their headquarters to their operational base. Even when Lagos was producing oil the quantity was insignificant

2 Likes

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Vaughanlanrewaj: 2:49am On Apr 23, 2021
igbozionism:

Stop deceiving yourself. Lagos produces 0 barrels of crude oil. The little oil has dried up. The company did not make proper assessment of the oil reserve before embarking on drilling.

As of January 2021 Lagos received 0 naira as 13% derivation. Oil has dried up in Lagos.
Let the ioc move their headquarters to their operational base. Even when Lagos was producing oil the quantity was insignificant
I usually get feedback that there's no point replying folks like you because it's evident that it doesn't change your resentment for progress of others outside your tribe.
To those who may want to make the mistake of taking your falsehood hook line and sinker. I will like them to just ignore your falsehood and that the Lagos oil well is live and active.
Those who want to know should read more about it and how it's been loading up oil in its FPSO in Badagry.

I don't own the iocs and whoever wants to move them should go and move them. My Lagos had a whole federal capital moved away from it yet we didn't die but went back to the drawing board and here we are now as the 7th biggest economy in Africa and projected to be the 2nd largest after Nigeria in the next 5 to 10 years.

The OP was asking an intelligent question and not stoking up tribal fights which seemed to be your forte.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by igbozionism(m): 3:47am On Apr 23, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

I usually get feedback that there's no point replying folks like you because it's evident that it doesn't change your resentment for progress of others outside your tribe.
To those who may want to make the mistake of taking your falsehood hook line and sinker. I will like them to just ignore your falsehood and that the Lagos oil well is live and active.
Those who want to know should read more about it and how it's been loading up oil in its FPSO in Badagry.

I don't own the iocs and whoever wants to move them should go and move them. My Lagos had a whole federal capital moved away from it yet we didn't die but went back to the drawing board and here we are now as the 7th biggest economy in Africa and projected to be the 2nd largest after Nigeria in the next 5 to 10 years.

The OP was asking an intelligent question and not stoking up tribal fights which seemed to be your forte.
keep consoling yourself. Lagos received a paltry 3.8million naira in 6months as 13% derivation. That is equivalent to producing less than 1000 barrels per day. As of January this year Lagos received 0 naira and the thread made front page. So how do you expect iocs that have non of their production base in Lagos to remain in Lagos because Lagos produced few liters of crude oil last year that is drilled by a Yoruba company?

5 Likes

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by KingOKON: 6:00am On Apr 23, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

And you think with this RUBBISH RAMBLINGS you have made any sense, Oshogbo weed!

3 Likes

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Trimjos: 6:04am On Apr 23, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Etihad's hub (HQ) is Abu-Dhabi and not Dubai
Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by 24SEVEN: 6:28am On Apr 23, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

How many barrels of oil are produced in Lagos and by which company.

2 Likes

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Monogamy: 6:29am On Apr 23, 2021
The SS governors should work more on security..
Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 23, 2021
We Niger Deltans have been too weak in our demands.
A directive given by the VP for ALL IOCs to move their headquaters to their operational bases was disobeyed, yet we allow them to still drill and pump oil.

1 Like

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Blue3k(m): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2021
Ecne:
We Niger Deltans have been too weak in our demands.
A directive given by the VP for ALL IOCs to move their headquaters to their operational bases was disobeyed, yet we allow them to still drill and pump oil.

Directives aren't laws since this isn't a dictatorship. The president can't arbitrarily tell any business to relocate since there HQ.

3 Likes

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Obalatule: 12:04pm On Apr 23, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Bros Lagos only produces Ororo now grin grin
Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Blue3k(m): 3:33pm On Apr 23, 2021
The question remains whe will IOCs relocate the HQ. This skyscraper was constructed for this purpose but the state didn't bother getting any signed agreements. Ths was a glaring issue with project but people were too dense to see that. The building is complete and we still waiting on updates on who is going relocate.
Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by gwafaeziokwu: 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2021
Blue3k:
The question remains whe will IOCs relocate the HQ. This skyscraper was constructed for this purpose but the state didn't bother getting any signed agreements. Ths was a glaring issue with project but people were too dense to see that. The building is complete and we still waiting on updates on who is going relocate.

At least they don't have any excuse not to relocate to Akwa Ibom now that the building is ready. The next is for the Akwa Ibom to unplug the damn pipelines. No waste of time.

U out can't be drilling oil in Akwa Ibom and be creating job and taxes for another state. Mbanu.
Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by FarahAideed: 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2021
Na traffic fit pursue IOC from lagos
Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by gwafaeziokwu: 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2021
igbozionism:

keep consoling yourself. Lagos received a paltry 3.8million naira in 6months as 13% derivation. That is equivalent to producing less than 1000 barrels per day. As of January this year Lagos received 0 naira and the thread made front page. So how do you expect iocs that have non of their production base in Lagos to remain in Lagos because Lagos produced few liters of crude oil last year that is drilled by a Yoruba company?

I am sure the oil produced illegally in Anambra state is more than that paltry thing produced in Lagos.

Just imagine ,#3.8 million received in six months, Akara money angry

1 Like

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by igbozionism(m): 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

I am sure the oil produced illegally in Anambra state is more than that paltry thing produced in Lagos.

Just imagine ,#3.8 million received in six months, Akara money angry
na today? we know the kind of media propaganda against south east. immediately upon started agitation northern states started generating more igr than south east so as to give the impression of non viability of biafra.
we understand their game plans

1 Like

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Ilaumoh(m): 7:49am On Apr 24, 2021
I would have ignore this your thread becos of lack of indepth info in this your post but let me help you.
1. To that building as not yet been commission, still awaiting for helicopter landing accessories according to vsk.
2. Just Early this month the state government gave finally approval to start leaving out the building and report had it that NNPC, DPR, Black Rhino had taking 3 office space each and others.
3. It was confirm that banks as taking all the space in the banking hall.
4. Udom intension is to commission that building when all the office space as been taking and those company you listed gave him assurance .
5. Exxonmobil, NNPC etc all signed paper written agreement for acquiring that edifice..
Note: avoid opening thread that will make you look stupid just becos you want to score a cheap point ok.
I will save this thread for now, untill the day that building will be commission then untill now you can watch some facebook video below

https://www.facebook.com/aksgovt/videos/4386652411362506/

1 Like

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by DeLaRue: 8:12am On Apr 24, 2021
Most large oil companies operating in the North Sea (UK/Scotland) have their HQ in London, not Scotland.

Dangote's HQ is in Lagos, not Obajana.

There's a reason for that. Companies typically locate their HQ in the most cosmopolitan cities.

That said, I see no reason why oil companies can't move some departments to Akwa Ibom, Rivers and othe SS states.

1 Like

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Blue3k(m): 9:30am On Apr 24, 2021
Ilaumoh:

5. Exxonmobil, NNPC etc all signed paper written agreement for acquiring that edifice..
Note: avoid opening thread that will make you look stupid just becos you want to score a cheap point ok.
I will save this thread for now, untill the day that building will be commission then untill now you can watch some facebook video below

After all your rambling you can't confirm they agreed to relocate their HQ from Lagos. Lol what a clown you are.

Front page: Lalsticlals mynd44
Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Ilaumoh(m): 10:26am On Apr 24, 2021
Blue3k:

After all your rambling you can't confirm they agreed to relocate their HQ from Lagos. Lol what a clown you are.

Front page: Lalsticlals mynd44
Have save the thread
Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Blue3k(m): 10:32am On Apr 24, 2021
Ilaumoh:

Have save the thread

Ok clown get back to me when these IOCs confirm they're relocating their HQs till then save the mumu ramblings.
Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Blue3k(m): 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
The building has been Commissioned we're still waiting on a confirmation the IOCs are relocating HQs. Success is based on two criteria being their relocation or the building generating profits like a commercial real estate project. It's still weird they haven't confirmed anything years after the project started.
Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Blue3k(m): 4:13pm On Sep 25, 2021
Commissioner for Special Duties, Hon. Okpolupm Etteh, in a welcome remarks at the inauguration of the Dakkada Towers recalled that in 2017 the federal Government directed all International oil Companies to site their administrative headquarters within their operations

It will take just one statement from the Vice President on behalf of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for Total, ELF, EXXON MOBIL, UNIVERSAL ENERGY, and CONOIL to come down here”.

Governor Emmanuel

Billions spent and we're still waiting on them to agree to moving their HQ.

Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Blue3k(m): 12:53pm On Apr 12, 2023
Have they agreed to move the Headquarters yet?
Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by Ikaeniyan0: 1:34pm On Apr 12, 2023
Blue3k:
Have they agreed to move the Headquarters yet?
No

I doubt Mobil will ever leave Lagos
Re: Dakkada Tower: When Are IOCs Relocating their Headquarters To Akwa Ibom? by XerXers: 1:51pm On Apr 12, 2023
Vaughanlanrewaj:
Dem don finally ban your original moniker?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Capture, OBJ Was Involved / I Blame The Death Of Deborah On The Christians. / El-rufai Has Delivered: Kaduna Standstill For Tinubu(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.