Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Nigerians Currently Poorer, Unhappy, Lost Faith In Govt - Oyegun Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Currently Poorer, Unhappy, Lost Faith In Govt - Oyegun Cries Out (266 Views)

Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala / I Have Lost Faith In Nigeria's Democracy - Okorocha / Tinubu Wins As Oyegun Formally Withdraws From APC Chairmanship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Currently Poorer, Unhappy, Lost Faith In Govt - Oyegun Cries Out by Crownfitsme2019(m): 8:40am On Jan 19, 2020
Nigerians Currently Poorer, Unhappy, Lost Faith In Govt – Oyegun Cries Out

John Oyegun, former National Chairman of the All Progressives
Congress, APC, has lamented that Nigeria was currently not
working.
Oyegun maintained that Nigerian were increasingly becoming
unhappy with the state of things.

Speaking at the 17th edition of the Daily Trust Dialogue in Abuja, Oyegun lamented that the Federal Governmemt was not addressing
what was making “people poorer and unhappy.”
The APC Chairman, however, admitted that Nigeria has been
growing in the last 20 years.

Oyegun said: “I borrow from what the former governor of Borno State (Kashim Shettima) said. He
passionately appealed that we must try to make Nigeria work.
“Why is Nigeria not working? At the risk of being misinterpreted, let me make the point that we
have been growing in those 20 years, every year and with every
administration.

“I dare to even say that there is hardly a single administration in
those 20 years that has not left office unpopular and unheralded.
“We have never asked ourselves the question why are our people getting increasingly unhappy with their governors within those 20 years.

“Why are they getting poorer, why are they losing hope, those are
the questions I think pose a threat to our democracy because today we are beginning to hear
rumblings that we didn’t hear before.”
Re: Nigerians Currently Poorer, Unhappy, Lost Faith In Govt - Oyegun Cries Out by hisgrace090: 8:44am On Jan 19, 2020
With rising cost of almost everything and chances of making money trimming down daily, who go happy?
Re: Nigerians Currently Poorer, Unhappy, Lost Faith In Govt - Oyegun Cries Out by Paragon311(m): 8:45am On Jan 19, 2020
It's obviously clear that the real masses are not enjoying directly from this present government for now.

Probably soonest with road constructions and railway projects kinda but in fairness masses are yet to feel a great impact of the government.
Re: Nigerians Currently Poorer, Unhappy, Lost Faith In Govt - Oyegun Cries Out by DeomoviesI: 8:51am On Jan 19, 2020
You just got it... You guys refuse to get bordered, unnecessary is what you're after..... You can get high definition movies and series into external drive and pc including TERMINATOR: DARK Fate (zero,eight,one,four,four,two,three,eight,three,two,seven)

(1) (Reply)

Genocide: Myanmar Rohingya ICJ Ruling Live @bbc / Justiceforchima Now Trending On Twitter / Insecurity: Buhari In A Closed Door Meeting With Security Chiefs In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.