Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala (28706 Views)

South Easterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala / Ezekwesili: Buhari Worse Than Jonathan In Governance / I Have Lost Faith In Nigeria's Democracy - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Ademola47(m): 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2023
The Director-General of the World Trade Organisation, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has said many Nigerians, especially those from the South-East, have lost hope in governance.

She charged the Abia State governor-elect, Dr Alex Otti, to run a clean and transparent government.

Okonjo-Iweala said the incoming government should focus on “disruptive strategies rather than traditional operational systems”.

She gave the charge in a speech she presented virtually at the inauguration of the 100-member 2023 Abia Transition Council held in Aba, Abia’s economic hub.

She said, “I told the governor-elect that everything we will do would depend on this governance. Nigerians, especially from that side of the South-East, have lost faith in governance.

“They no longer believe the government can provide anything for them. They provide for themselves boreholes, electricity and every other thing for themselves. Although that is entrepreneurial, on the other hand, that is not how to run the place.”

She urged Otti to run a “better and cleaner governance” and transparent governance that should be exemplary.

Okonjo-Iweala also urged Abia citizens abroad, who have the capacity to assist in recovering the state and upgrade development, to return and help out.

She expressed the hope that through Otti, “there is a unique chance to set Abia on the right side of development and modernisation through disruptive digital technology”.

Otti inaugurated the transition committee to midwife the take-off of his administration on May 29, 2023.

He tasked the committee, headed by Victor Onyenkpa, to produce a policy document that would forge a direction and developmental agenda for Abia State, in line with his vision for the state and campaign promises.

The Punch

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by ImmaculateJOE(m): 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2023
No lies..

In my home community, every registered member, whether home or abroad pays N3,600 for security levy annually..
In times past, we contributed to buy transformer to electrify our community, the fencing of our central school was done by us..

A lots of projects that the government (FG, SG & LG) should have done are been carried out by most of southeasterners in their various communities..

295 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by TemplarLandry: 1:23pm On Apr 15, 2023
Respectively ma, you gotta chill out and stop being rebellious.

159 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Acekidc4(m): 1:23pm On Apr 15, 2023
It's only Losers that will always lose Faith in Governance because Why? you people dont know how to play the game of Politics. You are always too emotional.

Emotions vs Wise Strategy?
Strategy will always Win anytime anyday. Take it or Leave it.

116 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by mrvitalis(m): 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:
No lies..

In my home community, every registered member, whether home or abroad pays N3,600 for security levy annually..
In times past, we contributed to buy transformer to electrify our community, the fencing of our central school was done by us..

A lots of projects that the government (FG, SG & LG) should have done are been carried out by most of southeasterners in their various communities..
It's so bad ...we build road , provide electricity , water an security for ourselves reason vote turnout is always always low

For most tribe or Ethnic nations they are not so bothered about this but for Igbos it so bad to

When we try to change our leaders there's friends outside Igbo land help them rig themselves in ....see what happened in imo, how soludo rigged rural Anambra , what happened in Abia , what happened in Enugu ....reason Igbo leaders are not loyal to igbos but to those who put them into power

Thank heaven for obi sha things changing

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Odibembem: 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ademola47:

The Punch

Yet Tinubu who has never ruled them or influenced who governs them is their biggest problem and the source of all their woes and bitterness. They go to bed wailing about how he has cornered Lagos. How can such a people ever achieve healing?

128 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by justtoodark: 2:00pm On Apr 15, 2023
who cares....their is nothing any igbo can tell us now to feel anything for igbos....

71 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by princeemma69: 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2023
justtoodark:
who cares....their is nothing any igbo can tell us now to feel anything for igbos....
who needs your feelings? South East has the lowest poverty index in Nigeria according to the Bureau of Statistics. Send your feelings to your brothers who are doing agbero work to survive.

209 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Finquas: 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2023
God bless u ma'm.. the hardworking and industrious Igbo men and women must begin to think home and fully harness and devolop the eastern region to become the Dubai of Africa.. This is yet another clarion call that must be heeded and I know they can achieve it

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:06pm On Apr 15, 2023
Only terrorists have faith in a terrorist government

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Jokerman(m): 2:14pm On Apr 15, 2023
Start with getting it right in states first.

Okonjo Ma, what gave you done in Aniocha North, in Delta state where you hail from?

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Christistruth03: 2:16pm On Apr 15, 2023
It is their Governors that were too Bad

Go to Ordinary Akwa Ibom and Cross River from the SE and you will think you are in a different Country entirely

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Iykoto86(m): 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2023
Acekidc4:
It's only Losers that will always lose Faith in Governance because Why? you people dont know how to play the game of Politics. You are always too emotional.

you sound stupid

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by BuhariAdvocate: 2:24pm On Apr 15, 2023
Why tagged only southeast?

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Finquas: 2:26pm On Apr 15, 2023
Christistruth03:
It is their Governors that were too Bad

Go to Ordinary Akwa Ibom and Cross River from the SE and you will think you are in a different Country entirely
Enugu is beautiful,,Ebonyi is doing well too even though the Gov dia is in a wrong association. But I tink in all,, the South East has great potential for greatness.. they have proven it beyond doubts that they have the capacity cuz naturally they are very industrious and hardworking . it's time for them to go home and be intentional in making that bight of Biafra ,,the pride of Nigeria and the Dubai of Africa

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Raskimonojendor: 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2023
FlawlessKarl:

I have never been an advocate of Biafra before in my life, I taunted Biafrans agitators so much. May God forgive me please. After the selection they did and called it election, henceforth Biafra or nothing, I repeat Biafra or nothing. The zoo should perish with their useless tribal politics.

I am an Ibibio man from Akwa Ibom. Nigeria is a zoo

We know your type. See your Chinedus bros below hiding under different ethnicities on twitter.
I am a Yoruba, but.....
I am a Fulani Hausa, but......
I am a Niger deltan, but......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, South Easterners need to hold their governors accountable. Instead of doing boy boy to people like Simon Ekpa and Nnamdi Kanu.

Ps: Simon Ekpa released a new map of Biafra yesterday.

128 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by FlawlessKarl: 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2023

I have never been an advocate of Biafra before in my life, I taunted Biafrans agitators so much. May God forgive me please. After the selection they did and called it election, henceforth Biafra or nothing, I repeat Biafra or nothing. The zoo should perish with their useless tribal politics.

I am an Ibibio man from Akwa Ibom. Nigeria is a zoo

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Haloumah09(f): 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2023
Can we blame them

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Billionaire2: 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2023
Not only south east Ma, the rest of us are just pretending ….

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by mosaicafrique: 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2023
It's simply because, they don't know how to play politics.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Legitiscool: 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2023
They have never had faith in the country before

What they want is Biafra or death or obi to rule

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by tunjijones(m): 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2023
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by KingKO22: 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2023
Bcs they always support loser 🤣😂😀

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by meum: 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2023
So true.
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by sammirano: 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2023
Good for her and them, at least we will have sanity in our political space.

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by drizslim(m): 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2023
Biafra or nothing

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Femisol(m): 2:35pm On Apr 15, 2023
Go and read her book “Fighting Corruption is dangerous “.

You’ll start weeping for Nigeria from Chapter 3.

She revealed a lot of secrets in that book.
In short it was a difficult book for her to write because she has to put a lot of unpleasant memories she ought to have forgotten into writing.

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by nairalanda1(m): 2:35pm On Apr 15, 2023
Because their side did not win

From 1999-2015, and from 1999-2023, Hausas and Yourbas respectively lost faith in governance.

The problem I have with NOI's comment is simple. Nigerians have not lost faith in governance, but they are angry that their side has lost out on the national cake sharing.

Nigerians better stop believing in the fantasy called national cake, then things will work in this country.

P.S Tinubu winning does not mean Yourba land will develop, by the way.

120 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by ecolime(m): 2:36pm On Apr 15, 2023
Billionaire2:
Not only south east Ma, the rest of us are just pretending ….
Says who?

APC mobs likes the way Naija is. So, speak for yourself oo
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by HardBishop: 2:36pm On Apr 15, 2023
Acekidc4:

U no get sense fa. For 64 years since independence NOTHING TO SHOW

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by saysoo: 2:36pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ademola47:

The Punch
Because we are too stubborn.
Alliance could work but no Igbo man or woman things that way. They want to do it by Nzognu nzognu.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by PureFace1(m): 2:36pm On Apr 15, 2023
princeemma69:
who needs your feelings? South East has the lowest poverty index in Nigeria according to the Bureau of Statistics. Send your feelings to your brothers who are doing agbero work to survive.

You are wrong it is South west

Another fake stats from IPOB bureau of statistics, Agbero have taken Over Onitsha, they are the one doing Agbero to survive.

14 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years / Niger Delta Celebrates Tompolo's 46th Birthday, Unveils T-shirts, Calls Him Hero / Maduka's Guber Bid Gets Massive Boast, As Ex Anambra PDP Chair Collapses All Po