Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? (3003 Views)

"It Pays To Pay Your Tithe" - D'banj Stands With The "Sheeple" / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
If your total salary is 100,000 naira but only 52,000 naira is your basic salary. Is the tithe calculation going to be on either 100k or 52k?

Mature mind only pls.
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? by Businext: 3:00pm On Jan 19, 2020
Here we go again! Read Malachi 3 over and over.
It's not just about paying 10% but about robbing God.
Then go and read Acts 5:1-11
Again and again
Also since you want matured mind, know that there are Christians who pay 90% and are living large

#SalvationIsPersonal
#SilverAndGoldBelongToGod

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? by EbukaHades10(m): 3:05pm On Jan 19, 2020
Which one is total and basic again?

If ur monthly salary is 100k, u pay 10% and if it is 52k, u pay 10%.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? by Kylekent59: 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2020
Rogosa:
If your total salary is 100,000 naira but only 52,000 naira is your basic salary. Is the tithe calculation going to be on either 100k or 52k?

Mature mind only pls.

10% of your salary should be your tithe

100,000 x 10/100 = #10,000

If you earn 280k just like me(banker working as a computer Engineer )

my tithe is: 280,000 x 10/100 = #28,000.

My wife earns 170k, but she doesn't pay tithe. She likes cloths, make-ups, perfumes, luxurious products.

I give my son #500 every school days, he saves and pays tithe too. #2,000

I am reasoning on helping those that don't have. Buying bags of rice, carton of indomine and allocating to the poor on the streets.

Henceforth, that's what I am gonna be doing.

"Those poor people you see, if ye give them, so you give unto me"

I now understand the bible clearly. I cannot be deceived.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? by Davash222(m): 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2020
What's Tithe
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? by orisa37: 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
Just save atenth of whatever comes in hand. That's Tithe.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? by chiemmanuel(m): 4:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
Tithe paying is now further maths.
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 20, 2020
Kylekent59:

10% of your salary should be your tithe

100,000 x 10/100 = #10,000

If you earn 280k just like me(banker working as a computer Engineer )

my tithe is: 280,000 x 10/100 = #28,000.

My wife earns 170k, but she doesn't pay tithe. She likes cloths, make-ups, perfumes, luxurious products.

I give my son #500 every school days, he saves and pays tithe too. #2,000

I am reasoning on helping those that don't have. Buying bags of rice, carton of indomine and allocating to the poor on the streets.

Henceforth, that's what I am gonna be doing.

"Those poor people you see, if ye give them, so you give unto me"

I now understand the bible clearly. I cannot be deceived.

Waooh.
Thanks for this insight. But I want to understand you again. Do u want to be using ur tithe to be feeding the poor other than giving it to the church?
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
Businext:
Here we go again! Read Malachi 3 over and over.
It's not just about paying 10% but about robbing God.
Then go and read Acts 5:1-11
Again and again
Also since you want matured mind, know that there are Christians who pay 90% and are living large

#SalvationIsPersonal
#SilverAndGoldBelongToGod
cry cry cry
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? by OkCornel(m): 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2020
Rogosa:

Waooh.
Thanks for this insight. But I want to understand you again. Do u want to be using ur tithe to be feeding the poor other than giving it to the church?

Of course, he’s giving it to those who make up the church, and not into the bank account of those disguised one man business operating business centres “church”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? by Businext: 8:24pm On Jan 20, 2020
Rogosa:

cry cry cry

I don't know why the crying emoji
But yes giving can be painful

Abraham was not happy or joyous on his way to sacrifice Isaac
He was sober, obedient and trusting

When we give to God it's not because we have plenty, remember the widow's mite

Sacrificial giving is the ultimate

I've had to pay tithes from money which would have affected my school fees then
The devil was trying to rationalise situation for me,
Another instance was when I was about to resign to face my business,
When I was to pay tithe I didn't get that month's payslip and I had to calculate my salary myself to pay my tithes, with the uncertainty of a future of self employment,
Again the devil to negotiate with me telling me how to rationalise the amount...

My dear tell order Satan to get behind you,
It still happens to me.

Do you know why?

In those 2 instances I gave you above, I received my complete school fees from another person as a gift shocked that's double money. That was after I'd paid the tithe from the 'my' money I'd saved.
The second one I paid the tithe from that my last salary ... the rest is history
I've never been in debt and the promises of God in His Word especially in Malachi 3 has not alluded me. I've seen God's goodness and faithfulness and love financially.

Please pay your tithe.

Now let me tell you something... tithe differs from offerings whenever you go to church, and it also differs from charity, alms giving, church development contribution, money to your parents and younger ones and money to genuinely needy people around you who may even be richer than you, yes... giving is a gift. Don't shy away from it.

ALWAYS REMEMBER WHEN AS A CHILD THEY GIVE/DASH YOU BISCUIT AND WHEN THEY ASK YOU, YOU SAY NO AND THE ADULT SMILES BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT THEY GAVE IT TO YOU, IT WAS ONCE THEIRS, THEY COULD HAVE TAKEN 2 PIECES OF BISCUIT FROM THE PACKET BEFORE GIVING YOU...

SO ALSO ALL WE GIVE TO GOD AND OTHERS IN THE NAME OF GOD (OUR FAMILIES, CHURCHES, CHARITY, COMMUNITY, SELF, FRIENDS, OTHER GODLY NEEDS) IS FIRST FROM GOD. GOD GAVE US EVERYTHING WE GIVE SO DON'T FEEL BAD, DON'T GIVE UP, YOU MAY STRUGGLE BUT FIGHT ON, RESIST THE TEMPTATION AND GIVE...

God gives bread to the eater and seed to the sower. He has it all. Praise God

#PayYourTithesPlease

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? by OkCornel(m): 10:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
When I see an biblical example of

1) a Christian, especially those of non-Jewish roots that tithed...

2) and where tithe also changed from crops and livestock into money...then we can start talking.

Just as you can’t find any biblical example of Christians performing animal sacrifice or ritual cleansing that comes with the Mosaic law...

Go connect the dots and figure out if you aren’t confusing Judaism for Christianity like the confusionists that tried to upset the early church with mundane Mosaic doctrines in Acts 15.
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? by Nobody: 4:04am On Jan 21, 2020
Businext:

I don't know why the crying emoji
But yes giving can be painful

Abraham was not happy or joyous on his way to sacrifice Isaac
He was sober, obedient and trusting

When we give to God it's not because we have plenty, remember the widow's mite

Sacrificial giving is the ultimate

I've had to pay tithes from money which would have affected my school fees then
The devil was trying to rationalise situation for me,
Another instance was when I was about to resign to face my business,
When I was to pay tithe I didn't get that month's payslip and I had to calculate my salary myself to pay my tithes, with the uncertainty of a future of self employment,
Again the devil to negotiate with me telling me how to rationalise the amount...

My dear tell order Satan to get behind you,
It still happens to me.

Do you know why?

In those 2 instances I gave you above, I received my complete school fees from another person as a gift shocked that's double money. That was after I'd paid the tithe from the 'my' money I'd saved.
The second one I paid the tithe from that my last salary ... the rest is history
I've never been in debt and the promises of God in His Word especially in Malachi 3 has not alluded me. I've seen God's goodness and faithfulness and love financially.

Please pay your tithe.

Now let me tell you something... tithe differs from offerings whenever you go to church, and it also differs from charity, alms giving, church development contribution, money to your parents and younger ones and money to genuinely needy people around you who may even be richer than you, yes... giving is a gift. Don't shy away from it.

ALWAYS REMEMBER WHEN AS A CHILD THEY GIVE/DASH YOU BISCUIT AND WHEN THEY ASK YOU, YOU SAY NO AND THE ADULT SMILES BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT THEY GAVE IT TO YOU, IT WAS ONCE THEIRS, THEY COULD HAVE TAKEN 2 PIECES OF BISCUIT FROM THE PACKET BEFORE GIVING YOU...

SO ALSO ALL WE GIVE TO GOD AND OTHERS IN THE NAME OF GOD (OUR FAMILIES, CHURCHES, CHARITY, COMMUNITY, SELF, FRIENDS, OTHER GODLY NEEDS) IS FIRST FROM GOD. GOD GAVE US EVERYTHING WE GIVE SO DON'T FEEL BAD, DON'T GIVE UP, YOU MAY STRUGGLE BUT FIGHT ON, RESIST THE TEMPTATION AND GIVE...

God gives bread to the eater and seed to the sower. He has it all. Praise God

#PayYourTithesPlease

I have to ponder on your words and have a rethink again.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Tithe? by Nobody: 4:09am On Jan 21, 2020
OkCornel:
When I see an biblical example of

1) a Christian, especially those of non-Jewish roots that tithed...

2) and where tithe also changed from crops and livestock into money...then we can start talking.

Just as you can’t find any biblical example of Christians performing animal sacrifice or ritual cleansing that comes with the Mosaic law...

Go connect the dots and figure out if you aren’t confusing Judaism for Christianity like the confusionists that tried to upset the early church with mundane Mosaic doctrines in Acts 15.

I still don't understand your point.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Became An Atheist / Stories From Sunday School / Been A Gay Is Natural

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.