Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,529 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? (2856 Views)

Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise / AWOLOWO, ABIOLA, TINUBU, All Used And Dumped By North / Eze Chukwuemeka To Tinubu: “Any Further Attacks On Amaechi Will Be Resisted” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
Atouke:

I love the move. I hope it leads to state police. We need that to secure this country.
Now I understand that Majority of nairalanders are just kids.
It will just lead to state police, just like that.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by obinoral1179(m): 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
If they successfully shut down amotekun believe me it will rise again in the future and then they will be no going back....if the south should cooperate I'm sure the north will go on their kneels begging...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2020
Atouke:

All the southwest need is enabling laws from each of the 6 state houses of assembly to operationnalize Amotekun.

Not possible.

It is also unconstitutional.

Their laws must only be for their state and that's all. The constitution doesn't guarantee regional law.

Each will legislate for his own state.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
obinoral1179:
If they successfully shut down amotekun believe me it will rise again in the future and then they will be no going back....if the south should cooperate I'm sure the north will go on their kneels begging...

What kind of cooperation?

please count me out of such gang up.

Nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Atouke: 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Hisbah has state legislation and each operates on her own independent of any other.

Amotekun can also function as such by making it state affairs which it's legislation will follow than regional affair that had no legislative or constitutional backing.

SW shouldn't think or trying to be smart by quarter. If they want Amotekun as regional security outfit then let them push for full constitutional review and insertion of everything that needs to be in a constitution both referendum. Till then will the constitutional review grant them regions Amotekun because they will now make such legal constitutionally.

If not so, they are just wasting their time and trying to play smart by whipping sentiments. If they really want restructuring and not all these their media restructuring this is the best way to go then.

Until then Amotekun is a terrorist organization.

You don't need a constitutional review to opertionalize Amotekun. There was no constitutional review needed to operationalize hisbah and civilan JTF.
The same neighborhood watch laws that enabled those other organizations will also enable Amotekun.

All Amotekun needs is enabling laws from the 6 SW states houses of assembly.
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Haywhysat: 8:54pm On Jan 19, 2020
budaatum:

Not everyone in those states is in support!
I'm not in support and I'm Osun State.
i'm in support of it, and most of my friends here in Ife, osun state are in support as well, thanks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Atouke: 8:56pm On Jan 19, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Now I understand that Majority of nairalanders are just kids.

It will just lead to state police, just like that.

Yeah it will, when every state has its neighborhood watch, the next logical step will be for them to review the constitution to enable every state run its police.

For now Amotekun and other neighborhood watches will suffice.
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Atouke: 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
Haywhysat:
i'm in support of it, and most of my friends here in Ife, osun state are in support as well, thanks

Me too am not yoruba but I support Amotekun.
The best people to protect their homeland are people from the neighborhood not strangers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
Atouke:

You don't need a constitutional review to opertionalize Amotekun. There was no constitutional review needed to operationalize hisbah and civilan JTF.
The same neighborhood watch laws that enabled those other organizations will also enable Amotekun.

All Amotekun needs is enabling laws from the 6 SW states houses of assembly.

You are still far from knowing how things work.

As far as that word "Region" are there it won't work. Regional Government has been dismantled a long term ago and now replaced with states.

SW governors can go to their various states to legislate on how to adopt their security measures independent of each other. Each states law stands for them and on that note ondo Amotekun will be on her own same as Oyo, osun and the rest....

But saying it is regional Amotekun then it is purely Illegal and that where the AGF and FG stands to term it illegal.

So if they need it to be legal their senators and house of reps should call for total constitutional review which by so doing both security and everything will be put in order.

Aside that Amotekun is Illegal.

I wonder how Nigerians reasons at times.

I tire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Atouke: 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Not possible.

It is also unconstitutional.

Their laws must only be for their state and that's all. The constitution doesn't guarantee regional law.

Each will legislate for his own state.

You are right, but in this case 6 states are involved which makes it regional.

The court will decide its constitutionality not your view or even that of the AGF.

Hisbah and civilan JTF are legally operating as neighborhood watch in the country, why wouldn't Amotekun?
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
Atouke:

Yeah it will, when every state has its neighborhood watch, the next logical step will be for them to review the constitution to enable every state run its police.

For now Amotekun and other neighborhood watches will suffice.

Amotekun is already dying because the whole process has been suspended until clearance comes from Abuja.

Moreover the only clearance from Abuja is to wash it off.

If SW needs that they should rally others for thorough constitutional review.

See where the problems lies and you running around the bush instead tackling the problems head on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Atouke: 9:02pm On Jan 19, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Amotekun is already dying because the whole process has been suspended until clearance comes from Abuja.

See where the problems lies and you running around the bush instead tackling the problems head on.

Which court of law suspended Amotekun?
Can you enlighten me?
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
Atouke:

You are right, but in this case 6 states are involved which makes it regional.

The court will decide its constitutionality not your view or even that of the AGF.

Hisbah and civilan JTF are legally operating as neighborhood watch in the country, why wouldn't Amotekun?

And at same times makes it Illegal and unconstitutional.

Let SW senators push for constitutional review and then Regional security network will be taken care of.

In Britain, Boris Johnson observed he couldn't just pull out of EU just like that....What did he do?

He called for an election and obtained the needed Majority to win and can now start process of such withdrawal hitch free .

SW should rally their colleagues and push for review of our constitution.

We all know where the problems lies but we choose to beat around the bush.

That's not smartness but rather mischievous.
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Atouke: 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
Osagyefo98:

You are still far from knowing how things work.

As far as that word "Region" are there it won't work. Regional Government has been dismantled a long term ago and now replaced with states.

SW governors can go to their various states to legislate on how to adopt their security measures independent of each other. Each states law stands for them and on that note ondo Amotekun will be on her own same as Oyo, osun and the rest....

But saying it is regional Amotekun then it is purely Illegal and that where the AGF and FG stands to term it illegal.

So if they need it to be legal their senators and house of reps should call for total constitutional review which by so doing both security and everything will be put in order.

Aside that Amotekun is Illegal.

I wonder how Nigerians reasons at times.

I tire.

On the contrary your understanding of the issue is lean. Personal, ethnic or political views are different from legal position.

It's the court that decides the legal position on matters of this nature not individuals views.
You and mr malami can head to court on Amotekun.
Can you show us the constitutional review that the NW senators secured before hisbah police and civilan JTF were operationnalize in the NW and NE.
Is hisbah not operating though out the NW, is hisbah not a regional policing agency?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by budaatum: 9:10pm On Jan 19, 2020
Osagyefo98:

I doubt they understand what the Constitution says about states forming police. If they did, they'd do as you suggest and have the Constitution changed insted of attempting to form an illegal state police.
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 19, 2020
Atouke:

Which court of law suspended Amotekun?
Can you enlighten me?

They have halted the whole process. The Amotekun you hearing is yet to commence operation.

And since AGF/FG said it was illegal everything is now on standstill.

Military said they should forget about Amotekun
police minister said it is unconstitutional..

What else do you want to hear.

Let them go to national assembly and start doing the right thing if they want Amotekun to stay.
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Atouke: 9:13pm On Jan 19, 2020
budaatum:

I doubt they understand what the Constitution says about states forming police. If they did, they'd do as you suggest and have the Constitution changed insted of attempting to form an illegal state police.

The constitution allows for neighborhood watches. AMOTEKUN is a multi state neighborhood watch.
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
Atouke:

On the contrary your understanding of the issue is lean. Personal, ethnic or political views are different from legal position.

It's the court that decides the legal position on matters of this nature not individuals views.
You and mr malami can head to court on Amotekun.

Anyway now I see that you doesn't even need the survival of Amotekun. You will head to court till thy kingdom come.

Only review will see to the future survival of Amotekun.

Using court is like saying Goodbye to it coz you will go to court until buhari tenure elapses.
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Atouke: 9:17pm On Jan 19, 2020
Osagyefo98:

They have halted the whole process. The Amotekun you hearing is yet to commence operation.

And since AGF/FG said it was illegal everything is now on standstill.

Military said they should forget about Amotekun
police minister said it is unconstitutional..

What else do you want to hear.

Let them go to national assembly and start doing the right thing if they want Amotekun to stay.

Lol, since when did the view of the AGF become law?

It just shows you don't have a full understanding of the issue.
The AGF must approach the court for a legal interpretation and backing for his personal view to have legal weight.
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by PreyingMantis(m): 9:20pm On Jan 19, 2020
Turantula:

It is because you are a Yoruba Muslim, we expect you to support your moon sighters. Please when we talk about omualabi(s) we don't expect you to participate.
Shalom
The idiot you quoted is a Northerner. There are hundreds of them masquerading on Nairaland as Yoruba, Igbos and other Southern Minorities.
1. Budaatum
2. Osagyefo98

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 19, 2020
budaatum:

My brother...

This is the only loophole AGF and FG is using to hold them here and they are just busy shouting up and down instead of doing the right thing.

Now let me tell you those guys are mischievous with this Amotekun, they are trying to be smart by half to know if it will work for them.

This will clearly tell you who actually supports constitutional review, restructuring and the rest.

They smartly avoid the constitution but are trying to muzzle the FG to know if it will sail through... Imagine.

let their senators rally others and head for show for constitutional review in national assembly instead of all these.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by xpmode(m): 9:22pm On Jan 19, 2020
budaatum:

No, I will not shut up there. Who told you buda is a Muslim? angry

Definitely no amotekun for you!

Amotekun as come to stay joor
Ma sukun pa e bi Amotekun

1 Like

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by xpmode(m): 9:23pm On Jan 19, 2020
Osagyefo98:

My brother...

This is the only loophole AGF and FG is using to hold them here and they are just busy shouting up and down instead of doing the right thing.
Now let me tell you those guys are mischievous with this Amotekun, they are trying to be smart by half to know if it will work for them.
This will clearly tell you who actually supports constitutional review, restructuring and the rest.
They smartly avoid the constitution but are trying to muzzle the FG to know if it will sail through... Imagine.
let their senators rally others and head for show for constitutional review in national assembly instead of all these.

You are making sense, but those aboki have started exposing themselves
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Atouke: 9:24pm On Jan 19, 2020
Osagyefo98:

My brother...

It's the northerners and fulani cabal that are shouting.
The yoruba had already lunched their Amotekun.
It's the cabal controlled AGF that needs to approach the court on the issue and stop babbling.

The cabal should show us what constitutional review they went through to operationnalize hisbah police and civilan JTF.

Yeye de smell!
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2020
Atouke:

Lol, since when did the view of the AGF become law?

It just shows you don't have a full understanding of the issue.
The AGF must approach the court for a legal interpretation and backing for his personal view to have legal weight.

It is obvious you want to lengthen your thread.

Your view will only kill Amotekun.

Imagine going to court who always base their judgement on what the constitution says.

Sorry for you guys

you neglect the vital part "constitution" and be chasing shadows.

If we follow your logic maybe one day military go tell road safety or nscdc to stop functioning......

But never possible because such outfit has constitutional backing.

Nairaland but no Nigeria

the country has really made many not to know their left and right.
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Atouke: 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
Osagyefo98:

It is obvious you want to lengthen your thread.

Your view will only kill Amotekun.

Imagine going to court who always base their judgement on what the constitution says.

Sorry for you guys

you neglect the vital part "constitution" and be chasing shadows.

If we follow your logic maybe one day military go tell road safety or nscdc to stop functioning......

But never possible because such outfit has constitutional backing.

Nairaland but no Nigeria

the country has really made many not to know their left and right.

You are hereby ignored. Wallow in your ignorance. Your ignorance will not stop Amotekun.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2020
Atouke:

It's the northerners and fulani cabal that are shouting.
The yoruba had already lunched their Amotekun.
It's the cabal controlled AGF that needs to approach the court on the issue and stop babbling.

The cabal should show us what constitutional review they went through to operationnalize hisbah police and civilan JTF.

Yeye de smell!

Everything is not about fulani and cabal

Do the right thing when such opportunity shows up.

Abeg forget the cabal.

The cabal is holding you with simple constitution instead of facing them you want to cut corners.

Tomorrow same problem will face your children.

Why not take it with cabals and block that loophole in the constitution.
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
xpmode:

You are making sense, but those aboki have started exposing themselves

The constitution is the problem. Let's tell ourselves the truth.

If the constitution is in order I bet you everybody go behave and respect each other.

But leaving the vital thing and be chasing shadows they will defeat you hands down.
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
Atouke:

You are hereby ignored. Wallow in your ignorance.

I educated you instead of shouting Amotekun and blaming others as if you know what you doing.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Dedetwo(m): 9:48pm On Jan 19, 2020
Atouke:
I am curious as to why the opposition to the creation of the southwest security network otherwise known as Amotekun is only resisted by the people of the Northwest and North eastern region of the country?

The South east,
The North central
The South South and certainly,
The South West are in support of protecting the life of their citizens in light of the failure of the federal security agencies to do so, and hence their support for Amotekun.

Is it because these two regions have an agenda that the other 4 regions of the country are unaware?

Is the NE and NW in support of insecurity going on in the country?

Is it true as Obasanjo and danjuma warned that there is a collusion to subdued the 4 other region by supremacist from the NE and NW?

Is there an islamization agenda in Nigeria?

Is there a particular reason why all the security chiefs except one are from the North east and North West?

These are some of the questions plaguing my mind .
What do you guys think?

These were the stiffs who worried sick to their empty stomachs because of no far distance disintegration of the shithole called Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by Atouke: 10:02pm On Jan 19, 2020
Amotekun is here to stay, those in opposition are fighting a losing battle.
Re: Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East? by budaatum: 10:07pm On Jan 19, 2020
Osagyefo98:

My brother...

It's a typical attitude of many. They rush for simplistic solutions to complex problems with no understanding of the problem itself, then when the problem persists, rather than take responsibility for their own lazy fuqness, I bet you they'd be here wailing "na bubu"!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anioma Vs Igbo By Cheta Nwanze / Trouble For Fulanis As Yoruba Youths Set Their Houses On Fire In Ondo State / Pictures Of The Recently Surrendered Boko Haram Commander???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.