Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office (27169 Views)

Shehu Sani Reveals What Will Happen To Emefiele When Buhari Leaves Office / Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Saraki, Fayemi & APC Governors (Photos) / Oni Asks Court To Revoke Fayemi’s APC Candidacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by Ecstasy154(m): 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
Kayode Fayemi, governor of Ekiti state, says the All Progressives Congress (APC) may cease to exist at the end of President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure.

Fayemi said this in reaction to the reports on the move by some party members to remove Adams Oshiomhole as chairman of the APC.

Speaking in an interview with Daily Trust, Fayemi likened rumours of a rift between some governors and Oshiomhole to making a mountain out of a molehill.

In November, the APC faction loyal to Godwin Obaseki, governor of Edo state, suspended Oshiomhole after a no-confidence vote was passed on him.

But Fayemi said the governors were instrumental to the emergence of Oshiomhole, adding that they only want to be respected as party leaders and have their views taken into consideration.

“The governors were instrumental to the emergence of Adams Oshiomhole as the chairman of the party. He was their colleague, so they worked together. I don’t think there’s a view about the leadership of the party in the PGF. I think there’s a clear view that the party can do a lot more than it has done,” Fayemi said.

“If we are not careful; if we do not institutionalise processes and procedures in the party and make it more inclusive than it is, we will not have a party when President Muhammadu Buhari leaves government. This is because he is the unifying force of our party.

“The governors want the party structures to function effectively and more regularly. Adams will also say that some of us have been at the forefront of pushing for even policy convention on an annual basis.

“Adams is a veteran, passionate and an ideological politician. I have worked with him closely. So I don’t see a divergence in these views. But governors also want to be respected as leaders of the party. They don’t want their views to be given a short shrift.”

Asked to evaluate the performance of the country’s political leaders, Fayemi said they have neither failed or “given us all we would have loved to see in this democraticisation process.

“And I underline that word ‘process’ because democracy is not an event, it is a process. And when you have a process you want the journey to be linear and progressive. But in any journey, there are bumps, values and undulating lines.”

On electoral violence and ways to curb it, the governor said public office should be made less attractive than it is.

“I think that in totality, we are progressing, but not at the pace we ought to. You can see that the system is not in denial about it,” he said.

“We take two steps forward and 10 steps backwards. I think we owe ourselves a duty to see the urgency of these things. We are losing the youth of this country to frustration, despondency and despair.”

Commenting on security and the launch of “Amotekun” in the south-west region, Fayemi said the outfit was needed to complement the efforts of the “overstretched” police.

He said Nigeria has about 400,000 policemen for its almost 200 million population, and “it is not unlikely that we have up to 150,000 protecting VIPs”.

“So, what are we talking about? Even if the police put in their best efforts, we will still have challenges. That is the point we are making. And that is what recommends this community policing strategy.

Asked if the governors would not misuse the outfit for political gains during elections, Fayemi asked: “Does the Federal Government not misuse the police?

“I know what happened to me in 2014 during the election. I was a sitting governor. I had immunity, but I was assaulted. Go into the history book and check it; that was federal police.

“Any police can be mishandled. What we should be talking about is how to make sure that security institutions are more accountable within the framework of democratic control.”
https://www.thecable.ng/fayemi-apc-may-collapse-when-buhari-leaves-office/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by F117nighthawk: 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2020
U don't need a pastor or babalawo or a soothsayer to know this, APC will not only totally collapse it will also scatter, MARK MY WORDS and READ MY LIPS here come 2023,there are too many divided interests and intrigues in that party and they will all go their separate ways because of their selfish and self entered interest, NIGERIAN politicians don't have any iota of integrity and honesty and locality in them,they only sims to show loyalty only when there is chop I chop benefits attached, once this is missing u see them defecting and speaking in other tongues

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by movement2020: 6:30pm On Jan 19, 2020
Don't use style to tell us, Oga Fayemi. APC will definitely collapse. Power tussle with Oga Bourdillon will the immediate cause. It's no mathematics, we all can see the handwriting on the wall.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by jantofubu(m): 6:34pm On Jan 19, 2020
Dear fayemi, remove that "MAY" and replace it with "SHALL"
Its audible to the deaf and visible to the blind...

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by helinues: 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
Just because of Amotekun bah?

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by clevvermind(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
it will die not collapse. I can't wait to see Buhari packing his load from aso rock to his farm in daura

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by Racoon(m): 6:55pm On Jan 19, 2020
Guess, he thinks APC is indeed united? A party filled with desperate power-drunks fellas entangled in intra party power tussle? APC is more divided more than they've fragmented Nigeria as a country.Even Fayemi have his own clique too.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by Resrguru: 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
Who cares
Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by leocollins(m): 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
APC that won't survive come 2023...tinubu will be betrayed,buhari go fall him hands well well,same thing will happen in akwa ibom,another udom about to be governor...

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by maynattion(f): 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
APC will collapse before Buhari leaves office.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by LibertyRep: 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
Every discerning Nigerian knows this.

PMB is the rallying point in APC and once he's gone, it's to your tent.

I won't be surprised to see Northern politicians return in droves to PDP in 2022 just to retain presidency in the North.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by Kwamecron(m): 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
He’s one of the traitors... fayemi

9 Likes

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
For sure, except something extraordinary happens.

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by globalresource: 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
Long overdue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by mascot87(m): 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by Blexino(f): 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
We don't care if it collapse

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by johnkay1(m): 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
This man is genius in theory

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by solmusdesigns: 6:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
cool

This NGF chairmanship is really decieving this guy

Even if it means arresting them together or threatening them with EFCC Buhari would definately make sure APC never dies.. Buhari knows fully well if APC dies and Power changes hands, then he and his cabal are in serious trouble in the hands of the next government

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his AMIABLE Vice President PROF YEMI OSINBAJO as they take our country to a New and better Place.

God bless Nigeria

Oyaaaa, it's time for selfie with Dad........ tongue tongue

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by meolaniyi(m): 6:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
Ok
Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by fredoooooo: 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2020
We shall see... GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by jhaybelly: 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2020
If you say so...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by MrSix: 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2020
Yeah cheesy
Seems like it.

After Buhari, what's next? Who's next?

Need a US used laptop?
Check my signature and chat me up if you're in Lagos or Abuja.
Note: it's pay on delivery plus delivery is free.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by TallPck1(m): 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2020
APC wey don collapse since, abii e get another one wey we don't know?
Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by Gordonz07(m): 7:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
APC is already dead. In 2023, APC will be buried.
Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
only tinubu will make APC collapse quicker. more chaos between the north and his wife southwest will make the much awaited breakdown of the shîthole quicker

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by Edu3Again: 7:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
APC is satanic to the core
Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by DaBullIT(m): 7:02pm On Jan 19, 2020
lol

Tinubu will just let the party collapse ??

disappointing coming from Fayemi

A party chairman deserves respect even if they put him there

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by BlackSeptember: 7:02pm On Jan 19, 2020
Ok
Re: Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office by Louisananda7(m): 7:03pm On Jan 19, 2020
Guy which better place

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which States Will Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? / National Assemby Summons IG Of Police Over Dino Melaye / No Evidence That The 2019 Election Was Rigged For Or By Buhari - Tribunal Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.