Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,600 members, 7,865,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:23 PM

Amotekun Not For Ethnic Agenda – Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun Not For Ethnic Agenda – Akeredolu (285 Views)

Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity / Ibrahim Babangida Says Amotekun Not Viable, Advises South-west Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Amotekun Not For Ethnic Agenda – Akeredolu by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:52pm On Jan 19, 2020
The Chairman of the South West Governors’ Forum and Ondo State Governor, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu, SAN, on Sunday, stressed that the region’ s newly launched security outfit codenamed , ‘Operation Amotekun’ was to complement the efforts of the conventional internal security agencies in the region .
Akeredolu said that the Operation Amotekun was neither a regional army nor one established to carry out unwholesome ethnic objectives which may undermine national cohesion .
The governor stated this in a statement issued by the state Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Mr Donald Ojogo .
Akeredolu warned people against making divisive statements that were capable of rubbishing the genuine intentions of South- West governors .

He said , “ Amotekun, when fully operational, would serve the purposes of local information and intelligence gathering for processing and usage by the conventional security agencies. Amotekun is , therefore, supportive and not a replacement for the nation’ s security agencies.
“ The concerns expressed by individuals , agencies of government and several stakeholders are noted without bias . Where possible , the inexorable efforts of the Southwest governors will be deepened through a relentless interface .
“ As such , as interface and engagements continue, it is pertinent to say that the on -going discourse on the issue of Amotekun must not be misguided or used to ventilate personal or group views aimed at oiling primordial sentiments and grievances . Ethnicing the current situation is even more unhelpful . There should be no reason for such .
“ This is more so that the Amotekun scheme is not targeted at any non -Southwest ethnic group just as its benefits are to be reaped by all Nigerians irrespective of ethnic or religious placements.”
The governor expressed confidence that the South West governors will not capitulate to blackmail either from within or outside the region, insisting that the governors were ready “ to pursue the Amotekun security scheme through all permissible political and legal means”

source: https://punchng.com/amotekun-not-for-ethnic-agenda-akeredolu/

Re: Amotekun Not For Ethnic Agenda – Akeredolu by Gbengais(m): 11:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
The northerners are scared of a United south... The benefit from a divided south.. reasons for their deep hatred towards the amotekun scheme. Have you noticed this is like the first time in a LONG time that the south will be untied against the north.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Not For Ethnic Agenda – Akeredolu by Pauldollars(m): 12:02am On Jan 20, 2020
All those negative comments about Amotekun (Western Nigerian Security Network) by Northerners (majorly Fulani-Hausa Muslims) are just to create fear and discourage the Governors from implementing it as it will limit the insecurity posed by same Northerners in the Southern parts of Nigeria.
Most Northerners never want the progress and development of Southern Nigeria. It is left for the Governors to decide whether they want to see a better region of peace or become cowards to the North who think of them as slaves
Re: Amotekun Not For Ethnic Agenda – Akeredolu by budaatum: 12:12am On Jan 20, 2020
Really? I don't think the MayorofLagos got the memo!

MayorofLagos:
If you oppose Amotekun you are pro fualnization and pro islamization of Nigeria.

If you are against Amotekun, you support the immigration of West African fulanis into ruga settlements and you are against Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Not For Ethnic Agenda – Akeredolu by sodiqapril(m): 12:33am On Jan 20, 2020
Even if it's for ethnic agenda....it's none of the North's business. Tinubu is the only Yoruba elite that has not expressed his stance on the amotekun issh.. if that dead rat seller comments sh*t on this thread, I don't mind losing my account, I'll place a life time curse on him
Re: Amotekun Not For Ethnic Agenda – Akeredolu by meolaniyi(m): 12:46am On Jan 20, 2020
Nothing to worry about his excellency. We fully behind you governors. Power belongs to the people.

Don't be cowed into submitting to the fulanis.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Not For Ethnic Agenda – Akeredolu by unbitchable(m): 1:14am On Jan 20, 2020
The last paragraph suits my sentiments more. any attempt to capitulate will be met with heavy backlash, ultimately at the risk of all SW Governors. for your own good, ignore the crying from the desert region. Amoteku has come to stay.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Not For Ethnic Agenda – Akeredolu by Witchersunited: 2:03am On Jan 20, 2020
It is, why didn't you involve Edo state? Why is the group given a Yoruba name? Why does the group consist of mostly Yoruba people

You can't pay the workers you have salary, you are creating more jobs that you can't pay for, I pity the people wasting their time online supporting somtin that is dead in the water
Re: Amotekun Not For Ethnic Agenda – Akeredolu by princemillla(m): 3:05am On Jan 20, 2020
Some set of people are working tirelessly to see this Amotekun don't see the light of the day but God pass them. Lass Lass all the vigilante group including the civilian jtf Wil also get ban
Re: Amotekun Not For Ethnic Agenda – Akeredolu by princemillla(m): 3:09am On Jan 20, 2020
Witchersunited:
It is, why didn't you involve Edo state? Why is the group given a Yoruba name? Why does the group consist of mostly Yoruba people

You can't pay the workers you have salary, you are creating more jobs that you can't pay for, I pity the people wasting their time online supporting somtin that is dead in the water

So Edo state is now part of South west? Abi I don't just understand ur point. The scheme is for the Yoruba a dn can ba named anything that suite them.

Try and read your comment and help urself

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Not For Ethnic Agenda – Akeredolu by Olominira(m): 3:22am On Jan 20, 2020
unbitchable:
The last paragraph suits my sentiments more. any attempt to capitulate will be met with heavy backlash, ultimately at the risk of all SW Governors. for your own good, ignore the crying from the desert region. Amoteku has come to stay.
I am so happy at the last statement too. If they (fulani) care so much about the unity of the country why didnt they caution their kinsmen that have been on killing spree
Re: Amotekun Not For Ethnic Agenda – Akeredolu by Mynd44: 5:26am On Jan 20, 2020

(1)

I Never Met With Or Ordered The Arrest Of Pensioners – Dr. Aham Uko / Femi Adesina: CAN Speaks As If It’s A Political Party / Presidential Aide Reacts To Maryam Sanda’s Death Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.