Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

US Grants AIT Reporter Ohimai Amaize Asylum - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / US Grants AIT Reporter Ohimai Amaize Asylum (291 Views)

US Grants AIT Reporter Ohimai Amaize Asylum / See The Way Nigerians Attacked Davido For Slamming AIT, Channels TV / Did Davido Flout NYSC Bye-Laws By Leaving Camp For Boston Tour?- Sahara Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Grants AIT Reporter Ohimai Amaize Asylum by NNFORUM(m): 9:09am On Jan 20, 2020
Ohimai Amaize “Mr Fix Nigeria”, has been granted asylum in the United States of America.

The former presenter joined AIT in 2018 and anchored the popular morning programme “Kakaaki Social”.

An alleged confrontation occurred between the government and AIT, which led to the 24 hours shutdown by NBC, over multiple infractions on federal guidelines for broadcasters.

Amaize, who alleged regular threats to his life by Nigerian security agents, fled to New York together with his wife.

Amaize in an email sent to Premium Times, revealed that he has just been granted asylum in the United States:

“I have just received notice of my asylum approval. My forced exit from Nigeria last year has been a very traumatising experience for me and my family. I am very happy and I thank God for this development. I can now live and carry on with my life without the fear of being persecuted by the Muhammadu Buhari regime for the opinions that I express or the work that I do as a journalist. Of course, I miss Nigeria so much because there is no place like home.

I hope that in the not too distant future, Nigeria will return to a true democracy where a free press, freedom of expression and the rule of law are respected.”

SOURCE: https://nnf.com.ng/p/us-grants-ait-reporter-ohimai-amaize-asylum/1669#2618

Re: US Grants AIT Reporter Ohimai Amaize Asylum by laiza(m): 9:12am On Jan 20, 2020
Good development. This is the best and fastest means to enter the US without raising too much suspicions and you will be accorded the highest level of respect.

1 Like

Re: US Grants AIT Reporter Ohimai Amaize Asylum by TheSourcerer: 9:13am On Jan 20, 2020
Is he mad angry
Re: US Grants AIT Reporter Ohimai Amaize Asylum by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 20, 2020
Why he run go in the first place
Now he will have to depend on the change them go dey give am every month... Unless him start to hustle...(which is nearly impossible)
Re: US Grants AIT Reporter Ohimai Amaize Asylum by Kalashnikov102(m): 9:33am On Jan 20, 2020
Good. It shows the whole world that there is serious human rights violations in the Zoo undecided

(1) (Reply)

[video Premiere] Naira Marley X C Blvck – “tingasa” / Naira Marley’s “tingasa” Tops Youtube’s Trending Songs Of The Week / Recovered N1.5million From Edo SARS – Harrison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.