Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

The U.S. Military Presence In Niger - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The U.S. Military Presence In Niger (1107 Views)

U.S Military Helicopter Crashes, Killing 2 Soldiers During Training (Photo) / US Suspends Diplomatic Presence In Afghanistan, Transfers Operations To Doha / U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes In Iraq On Thursday,  Killing 7 People On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by Nathalie7(f): 4:18pm On Jan 20, 2020
From the early on AFRICOM has been trying to persuade the general public of its truly humanitarian objectives in the African region. The U.S. military forces have insisted that its aim is to back up the armies of the partnering sides to African states and provide humanitarian aid.

U.S. Army General Donald Bolduc uncovered the essential: “America is not at war in Africa. But its partner forces are.” The irony has never been more evident. It is summed up by another line by Derek Gannon: “U.S. military involvement in Africa is called Low Intensity Irregular Warfare, yet technically it’s not considered war by the Pentagon. But warfare is warfare to me.”

The U.S. military presence in Africa is on the increase with its embassy-based military missions called “Offices of Security Cooperation” going up from nine in 2008 to 36 in 2016. It has been said the U.S. military is now present in at least 49 African countries, with the persuasive goal to fight terrorism.

Thus, 100 troops were sent to Niger in 2013 to set up a drone base at the spot where the U.S. had already been engaged in refueling assistance to the French. By June 2017, AFRICOM personnel in Niger had increased to at least 645, and by now there may be as many as 800 U.S. troops staying there.

“On October 5, about 30 Nigerien troops were patrolling in unarmored trucks alongside a dozen U.S. Army soldiers, among them Green Beret special forces. The patrol was coming from a meeting with tribal leaders and came within striking distance of the border between Niger and its war-torn neighbor Mali. The militants rode in on motorcycles and attacked the patrol with rocket-propelled grenades and heavy machine guns, killing eight: four Nigeriens, and another U.S. soldier.”

With further expansion of sorts, AFRICOM will be more than confident of the U.S. military presence in Africa while being below the radar following its supposed advisory back-up story. Its agenda has been to use proxy African soldiers to engage in actual combat without worries of U.S. death toll. They are letting our people die from the bullets.

Please visit https://stopafricom.online for more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by Olominira(m): 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2020
sometimes you would begin to wonder what we Africans actually did wrong. We have too much enemies all around, from internal and outside evil forces.

Libya was just doing pretty good, until Obama along with UK and France came and said people of Libya do not deserve this peace and stability. Look at DRC, Somalia etc.

Look at what Fulani herdsmen, BH are doing in Nigeria. Tell me when shall we have stability to sit down and fix our challenges. Without stability, there would be no peace, there would be no development. It's very unfortunate

1 Like

Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by sweetonugbu: 4:32pm On Jan 20, 2020
Are you paid to fight africom online?.
Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by rottennaija(m): 4:46pm On Jan 20, 2020
sweetonugbu:

Must it be payment before she can oppose what she feels or know is wrong? Have you not seen yourself? Have you not heard? Have you not observed that the more US or its allied troops are set up in locations, the more conflicts escalate in those regions?

US troops is gradually increasing its presence in Africa and yet, conflict is more than before. Why is that? They will use presence of those troops as conduit to arm insurgents against the region.
Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by saxha: 4:46pm On Jan 20, 2020
War is business to these whites, especially USA. It's a means of employing their jobless youths. Just like in the olden days, they're stylishly invading countries, get resources from those countries, and use the proceed to pay the debts they borrowed in paying their soldiers. It's "Warnomics".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by Nathalie7(f): 4:58pm On Jan 20, 2020
sweetonugbu:

Are you kidding me? I hope not.

No, I'm not getting money. It would be nice to get paid for that tho

Have you tried the website I've shared? Does it look like a commercial project?
Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by Olominira(m): 5:08pm On Jan 20, 2020
saxha:
War is business to these whites, especially USA. It's a means of employing their jobless youths. Just like in the olden days, they're stylishly invading countries, get resources from those countries, and use the proceed to pay the debts they borrowed in paying their soldiers. It's "Warnomics".

You are right. The truth is If there are stability, there would be innovations coming from left and right corners of the world. These innovations would cut off the nearly all these western big companies like Microsoft, Google, GM etc.

Take a look at China, there are tons of innovations coming from this nation, today, they have Huawei standing up to western big companies. There are others too like Alibaba, AI innovations etc. They are achieving all these because there is stability.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by Nathalie7(f): 5:10pm On Jan 20, 2020
saxha:

I like the term "Warnomics" a lot. But do you really think that Warnomics is the way to live in 2020?
Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by saxha: 5:42pm On Jan 20, 2020
Nathalie7:

I like the term "Warnomics" a lot. But do you really think that Warnomics is the way to live in 2020?

Are you asking about if it's a sustainable model, or about its morality?
Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by saxha: 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2020
Olominira:

You are right. The truth is If there are stability, there would be innovations coming from left and right corners of the world. These innovations would cut off the nearly all these western big companies like Microsoft, Google, GM etc.

Take a look at China, there are tons of innovations coming from this nation, today, they have Huawei standing up to western big companies. There are others too like Alibaba, AI innovations etc. They are achieving all these because there is stability.

All the weapons and guns they're producing who they'll even sell it to, if there's no war?
Whites are crazy, they can't trade survival for morality. They can create problem if they know that providing solutions will favour them. To them, "the victims are cost of doing business".

1 Like

Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by lionel4power(m): 9:44pm On Jan 20, 2020
Nathalie7:

It seems that you're passionate about this topic. You can send your articles to africanmilitaryblog@gmail.com to be featured on one of Africa's leading defense platform, Military Africa
Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by CTPlayer: 11:44pm On Jan 20, 2020
saxha:
USA has not invaded any of these countries LOL, and are not stealing resources.
Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by lionel4power(m): 8:16am On Jan 21, 2020
Nathalie7:

Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by lionel4power(m): 8:18am On Jan 21, 2020
Nathalie7:

it seems that you're very passionate about this subject, why don't you send your articles to africanmilitaryblog@gmail.com to be published.

Military Africa is one of Africa's leading Defence platforms
Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by Nathalie7(f): 9:31am On Jan 21, 2020
saxha:

Are you asking about if it's a sustainable model, or about its morality?

Both, do you think one day we'll see people involved on trial for the war crimes they perpetrated?
Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by Horus(m): 9:32am On Jan 21, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNrATdTvTtk

Why growing U.S. drone operations in Niger are controversial

This story contains footage some viewers may find disturbing.

Over the past few years, the U.S. military has increased its activities and broadened its mission in Africa. In Niger, the U.S. Air Force has built a huge new base from which it launches drone operations. But critics worry the American presence will serve to attract more attention from terrorists and traffickers drawn to the deserted Sahel.
Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by Nathalie7(f): 9:38am On Jan 21, 2020
saxha:

All the weapons and guns they're producing who they'll even sell it to, if there's no war?
Whites are crazy, they can't trade survival for morality. They can create problem if they know that providing solutions will favour them. To them, "the victims are cost of doing business".

I don't think its a race issue tho there are lots of examples of whites who are anti-war.
Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by saxha: 9:48am On Jan 21, 2020
Nathalie7:

I don't think its a race issue tho there are lots of examples of whites who are anti-war.
I doubt of it's in the black history to fight war for the purpose of economic reason.
They tend to fight war only for supremacy or against oppression.
However, Whites tend to /purposely fight war for economic reason mostly (e.g. history of Vikings).

I may be wrong though.
Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by saxha: 9:58am On Jan 21, 2020
Nathalie7:

Both, do you think one day we'll see people involved on trial for the war crimes they perpetrated?
We're political animals, the people that'll be on trial for the war crimes, will surely be charged to court by people who want political and socioeconomic gains.
They won't be putting the "war criminals"on trial for their misdeeds, but because the outcome of the trial will be a gain to them.
Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by Olominira(m): 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2020
Horus:

Over the past few years, the U.S. military has increased its activities and broadened its mission in Africa. In Niger, the U.S. Air Force has built a huge new base from which it launches drone operations. But critics worry the American presence will serve to attract more attention from terrorists and traffickers drawn to the deserted Sahel.

That millitary base in Niger is where France is using to supply ammunitions to BH and recently bandits operating in Kastina and Kaduna by helicopter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The U.S. Military Presence In Niger by Olominira(m): 7:04pm On Jan 21, 2020
Horus:

This is my reason why Obama remains the most brutal US President to Africans. If he had the opportunity of destroying the continent at once he would have done it. Why desperately setting up millitary bases across Africa when we are in need of good healthcare, education, roads etc. Obama was busy setting up millitary bases, pushing his LGBT satanic agenda, sanctioning African nations along with his Hillary Clippton and France. These people definitely meet their Karma in one way or the other

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking US Court Rules In Favor Of Donald Trump / Group Of NATO Leaders Pledge Heavy Weapon Support For Ukraine / Ukraine: Germany, Netherland Return To "Coal" After Russia Cut Gas Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.