Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

How To Check Mouse DPI (before You Buy A Mouse) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Check Mouse DPI (before You Buy A Mouse) (937 Views)

How To Easily Check Mouse DPI On Windows 7, 8 And 10 / Needs To Scan Something? Here's A Mouse. / Needs to scan something? Here's a mouse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Check Mouse DPI (before You Buy A Mouse) by youngstarlit(m): 11:51pm On Jan 20, 2020
Before you buy that new mouse, it is very important you know something about the mouse.

That is your mouse DPI (that is Dots-Per-Inch).

According to howtogeek.com, Dots per inch (DPI) is a measurement of how sensitive a mouse is.

The higher a mouse's DPI, the farther the cursor on your screen will move when you move the mouse.

A mouse with a higher DPI setting detects and reacts to smaller movements.

So, depending on what you plan to use the mouse for, you might want to check your mouse DPI and make sure it will meet your needs.

For example, if you are a gamer and plan to use the mouse to play games, you should go with a mouse with high DPI (+higher sensitivity)

SEE: Best Mouse DPI For Gaming

Now, the question is how can I check my mouse DPI?

Actually, there are several ways to check your mouse DPI.

1. Check The Mouse Package

Your mouse comes with a package, right?

Check the package to see if it is written on it or not.

If yes, good for you. If no, move to the next method.

2. Check The Mouse Description Page

You probably know the name of the mouse you want to buy already.

If no, find it out.

Now, you want to search for the mouse on Google and check the sales/description page on websites like Amazon, eBay e.t.c.

A lot of them include the mouse DPI on the description page like what you can see in the screenshot below.

If you cannot find it, no problem.

There are two more technical ways to check your mouse DPI.

Re: How To Check Mouse DPI (before You Buy A Mouse) by dawnomike(m): 12:04am On Jan 21, 2020
My first time of knowing this... thanks for d info
Re: How To Check Mouse DPI (before You Buy A Mouse) by youngstarlit(m): 12:44am On Jan 22, 2020
dawnomike:
My first time of knowing this... thanks for d info

You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

Help ! Internet Addiction : Share Your Views Please : Important / Licenses - Which One?! / Microprocessors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.