Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:45 AM

I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London (27467 Views)

I Am Determined To Fight Insecurity, Reopen Borders – Peter Obi / Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours / ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by jarawa: 7:06am On Jan 21, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari says reopening of the land borders will not happen until the final report of a committee set up on the matter is submitted and considered. He said this yesterday while holding a bilateral meeting in London at the sidelines of UK-Africa Investment Summit 2020 with President Nana Akufo-Addo of Ghana.

Buhari said the partial closure of Nigeria’s borders was not caused solely because food products, particularly rice, were being smuggled into Nigeria; but also because arms and ammunition as well as hard drugs were being ferried into Nigeria.

He said he could not open his eyes and watch youths being destroyed through cheap hard drugs, and compromised security caused by unbridled influx of small arms. “When most of the vehicles carrying rice and other food products through our land borders are intercepted, you find cheap hard drugs, and small arms, under the food products.

This has terrible consequences for any country.” He said it was regrettable that the partial border closure was having “negative economic impact on our neighbours,” but added that “we cannot leave our country, particularly the youths, endangered.” The president said the Sahel region was awash with small arms accounting for severe security challenges in Mali, Chad, Burkina Faso, Niger and Nigeria.

“We are in fact the biggest victims. We will get things sorted out. Our farmers, especially those who grow rice, now have a market, and are happy, and we are also concerned about hard drugs and weapons. Once the committee comes up with its recommendations, we will sit and consider them,” he said.

President Akufo-Addo, while showing understanding of the need for Nigeria to protect her citizens, pleaded for “an expedited process, because the Nigerian market is significant for certain categories of business people in Ghana.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/i-wont-reopen-borders-now-buhari-tells.html

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Thegeneralqueen(f): 7:11am On Jan 21, 2020
It still makes no sense keep them close until you're out of office

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Suko110(m): 7:19am On Jan 21, 2020
Even the unaware president is now claiming to know grin.
He is concerned about the smuggling of drugs that destroy the youths but not doing about the incessant killing. Way to go Mr President

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by popsy2(m): 7:22am On Jan 21, 2020
Ok. Let's pretend like we don't know how porous our borders are.

I don't know who needs this but if you are In need of CAC company registration, Business Name registration, Trustees, NGO, NAFDAC number on your products etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng
The interesting part is that consultation is free of charge. Yes! Free of charge.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by helinues: 7:24am On Jan 21, 2020
I have asked the FG to handle our borders keys to me.. Na just to go vacate for Pluto

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by jantofubu(m): 7:36am On Jan 21, 2020
cheesy
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Area4Area: 7:41am On Jan 21, 2020
Suko110:
He is concerned about the smuggling of drugs that destroy the youths but not doing about the incessant killing. Way to go Mr President
You can go to London and help the Ghanaian president to wail and beg for border reopening, Buhari and Nigerians are not bothered.
We thought Ghana and Ghanaians were doing wonderfully well since the border closure, why the continuous begging and stressing Buhari from Abuja to Lagos and now London by these Ghanaians?

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by inoki247: 7:57am On Jan 21, 2020
Na u sabi... Abeg wu don hear from Sheu Sanni Abi EFCC 14days neva complete ni. Maybe dem don forget am for dere cell as dem no get any case against him...

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Vikkie14: 8:00am On Jan 21, 2020
Area4Area:
You can go to London and help the Ghanaian president to wail and beg for border reopening, Buhari and Nigerians are not bothered.
We thought Ghana and Ghanaians were doing wonderfully well since the border closure, why the continuous begging and stressing Buhari from Abuja to Lagos and now London by these Ghanaians?
Abi

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by crash12345: 8:42am On Jan 21, 2020
Area4Area:
this zoo boko haram poverty capital of the world country really wants someone to beg them.Where did you see the word we beg you even when your own president's spokesman wrote this bias report.Nobody respect your 200 million depressed poverty country not even Niger or Benin much more Ghana which is far better than your zoo country. Try harder oh and over 600 Nigerian shops have been locked in Accra,Circle only since November. Maybe you guys should beg us.

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by chriskosherbal(m): 8:45am On Jan 21, 2020
Area4Area:
hmm savage

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Area4Area: 9:02am On Jan 21, 2020
crash12345:
this zoo boko haram poverty capital of the world country really wants someone to beg them.Where did you see the word we beg you even when your own president's spokesman wrote this bias report.Nobody respect your 200 million depressed poverty country not even Niger or Benin much more Ghana which is far better than your zoo country. Try harder oh and over 600 Nigerian shops have been locked in Accra,Circle only since November. Maybe you guys should beg us.
Online warriors, we all know that Ghana is the richest country in the world, question still remains, why is your president still begging Buhari for the reopening of the shut borders? This is 2020 and not 2019 when the borders were shut.

Close more shops, not even one LGA chairman in Nigeria would beg you to reopen them, close 5,000 more shops and we won't beg you to reopen them but just tell your junior ministers, ex and present presidents to stop disturbing us.

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Simplebeauty: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2020
grin

we are already getting used to eating stones with our rice. So no problem grin

13 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by adecz: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2020
This is the most wicked leader
this country has ever had.

We must thank IBB for overthrowing
him in 1985 due to this same wicked
character..

angry angry angry angry angry

13 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by RapistOnBail: 9:28am On Jan 21, 2020
undecided

Had President Muhammadu Buhari not been a Trabalistic president, he could have been the best president in terms of charisma, Nigeria has ever produced.

Well I am sorry for Nigerians Now. cry

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Mopolchi: 9:28am On Jan 21, 2020
Borders already opened in the North. Govt of the North

13 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Bigajeff(m): 9:28am On Jan 21, 2020
Ok oo
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by duckguy(m): 9:28am On Jan 21, 2020
Suko110:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by axglide(m): 9:29am On Jan 21, 2020
Ok, some people prayers dey work.

President Akufo-Addo, while showing understanding of the need for Nigeria to protect her citizens, pleaded for “an expedited process, because the Nigerian market is significant for certain categories of business people in Ghana.”

shocked shocked see korokoro begging

“we cannot leave our country, particularly the youths, endangered.”

A major reason why Malaysia don't want to reverse the death penalty on drug traffickers, any country that forgets the youths forgets the future.

17 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by emmabest2000(m): 9:29am On Jan 21, 2020
If you like close sea borders join , na you go tire Las Las

we don't care grin

7 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Ayoswit(f): 9:29am On Jan 21, 2020
K
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Olukat(m): 9:29am On Jan 21, 2020
Shut borders and tax those in your prison angry angry
Shutting your borders and creating other routes for smugglers or
Creating a border patrol force with all the equipment needed... which is better?

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by cashkid: 9:30am On Jan 21, 2020
inoki247:
Na u sabi... Abeg wu don hear from Sheu Sanni Abi EFCC 14days neva complete ni. Maybe dem don forget am for dere cell as dem no get any case against him...

The guy don dey sing grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by SoftP(m): 9:30am On Jan 21, 2020
He takes delight in the suffering of his people.
It's no news @all
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:31am On Jan 21, 2020
He said he could not open his eyes and watch youths being destroyed through cheap hard drugs, and compromised security caused by unbridled influx of small arms.When most of the vehicles carrying rice and other food products through our land borders are intercepted, you find cheap hard drugs, and small arms, under the food products. 

This has terrible consequences for any country.” He said it was regrettable that the partial border closure was having “negative economic impact on our neighbours,” but added that “we cannot leave our country, particularly the youths, endangered.” The president said the Sahel region was awash with small arms accounting for severe security challenges in Mali, Chad, Burkina Faso, Niger and Nigeria. 
No wonder the people that sell and abuse igbo/weed are mad with the border Closure.
Una madness will tarry a while longer.
Drug abusers.

Oan,

God bless President Muhammadu Buhari.
May God continue to give him LONG life in GOOD health.
May God continue to bestow on him more Wisdom, knowledge and understanding as he takes our nation to a land flowing with milk and honey.
May God touch the hearts of Nigerians to support this man after God's heart.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.
God bless you all.
We will all benefit from this good development as a nation

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Kingpele(m): 9:31am On Jan 21, 2020
H
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Angelfrost(m): 9:31am On Jan 21, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
It still makes know sense keep them close until you're out of office

No need for sarcasm ma...

He has properly and thoroughly explained the need for the extension of the border closure.

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Btruth: 9:32am On Jan 21, 2020
Good for you.
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by adelaja70(m): 9:32am On Jan 21, 2020
crash12345:
Borrow sense if you don't have one and stop ranting like ants searching for food...

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Visits Buhari And El-rufai (photo) / Votes From ‘atiku’s Server’ Excludes Other Parties / Aisha Buhari Celebrates International Day Of The Girl Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.