Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London (27541 Views)

I Am Determined To Fight Insecurity, Reopen Borders – Peter Obi / Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours / ECOWAS Appeals To Nigeria To Reopen Borders   (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by anonimi: 9:47am On Jan 21, 2020
bjgurl:
People are still bringing goods from your so-called close border, Black market is real and Nigerians no dey carry last

Xisnin:
The border is already opened unofficially and smuggled rice is now everywhere
unlike 30 days ago.
Thanks to smugglers, the price of rice is now crashing.

I am sure that only the borders in the north are opened and the ones in the south remain closed by the ethno-religious bigot president we have.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-94fjo4Rrwe8/VYYMH1qZ3eI/AAAAAAAAEg4/YQJPLvPXfq0/s400/buhari-military-offensive.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2193460_buharifaultsbokoclampdown_jpega413ed39790bd6df7c30d3a27da2352c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2197070_stopkillingbokoharammembers2_jpeg5f078169b2de9f9501c7a9bbf6933c41

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Fumtee: 9:48am On Jan 21, 2020
This border closure has really been helpful especially in the agricultural sector, I concur with Mr President that it should still be closed.thumbs �

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by wink2015(m): 9:50am On Jan 21, 2020
ALL THIS FOREIGN SUMMIT IS A WASTE OF TIME IF THE FG IS NOT WILLING TO CHANGE THEIR TRADITIONAL BELIEFS.
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:50am On Jan 21, 2020
If you like open am, if you like leave am like that till 2023, Problem tiẹ nìyẹn.

If not sheer incompetency, which one is he shut borders because Arms and Ammunitions were being smuggled into the country? If proper hands are on deck and those in charge of borders are not corrupt, useless and stupid, how will these things get into the country illegally in the first place?
Useless Government being ran by a Useless President who confidently spew trash at any given opportunity. Mtcheeww

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Area4Area: 9:51am On Jan 21, 2020
axglide:
Ok, some people prayers dey work.

shocked shocked see korokoro begging

A major reason why Malaysia don't want to reverse the death penalty on drug traffickers, any country that forgets the youths forgets the future.
Their leaders are praying for the slightest opportunity to meet Buhari and beg but these online warriors would be acting as if Ghana is now the richest country in the world since the border closure and it is Nigeria that is begging for her borders to be opened

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by lelion: 9:52am On Jan 21, 2020
JosephXavier:
But ex Gaddafi militia pursued from Libya are still allowed entrance freely to Nigeria through the northern border to kill Nigerians?
If you want to do something right just go ahead and get it done the right way not minding whose ox is gored
. I disagree with you sir. I live and work in NIGER Republic. Northern borders are hermetically closed. Although smugglers at times find their ways at night because the northern borders are too numerous and difficult to cover by the security men.

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Oharina(m): 9:53am On Jan 21, 2020
Is bubu the only fulani president in the whole of africa? Even if he is...
Why must he wear agbada every day of his life. Just imagine how every country's representatives are rocking their well fitted suit, except za oza man.
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Dearlord(m): 9:54am On Jan 21, 2020
This is a tirious issue for the common Nigeria whom solely survives by boarder means .
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by lelion: 9:54am On Jan 21, 2020
anonimi:

I am sure that only the borders in the north are opened and the ones in the south remain closed by the ethno-religious bigot president we have. Northern borders are closed. I live and work in NIGER Republic

[img]https://3.bp..com/-94fjo4Rrwe8/VYYMH1qZ3eI/AAAAAAAAEg4/YQJPLvPXfq0/s400/buhari-military-offensive.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2193460_buharifaultsbokoclampdown_jpega413ed39790bd6df7c30d3a27da2352c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2197070_stopkillingbokoharammembers2_jpeg5f078169b2de9f9501c7a9bbf6933c41
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by ameh99: 9:54am On Jan 21, 2020
Very good, this is very good for my business.

Let me goan check if it affect my business. undecided undecided undecided

The boarder can stay closed for eternity...

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by seunjungle1(m): 9:55am On Jan 21, 2020
Adelaja don't be far from the truth. Somebody just told what is happening, your nagging your head and also bringing DSS to the matter.
DSS or customs don't know?
Be wise guy

adelaja70:

Na you open the borders?...if DSS arrest you to come and show proof, you go pee for pants.
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by AmTruth: 9:55am On Jan 21, 2020
As far as this is Improving our local manufacturing and in the long run creating Job opportunities and food sufficiency. Keep it close until our neighboring countries stop smuggling and do the right thing. Smuggling sabotage Economic development.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by lelion: 9:57am On Jan 21, 2020
Akpananwu:
If u like close it Igbo's go survive, I herd that all bodets link to north are been open
Pure lies. Northern borders are closed. Most of us living in Niger Republic could not travel home for Christmas with our cars. Though smugglers find their ways at times

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by anonimi: 9:58am On Jan 21, 2020
lelion:
Pure lies. Northern borders are closed. Most of us living in Niger Republic could not travel home for Christmas with our cars. Though smugglers find their ways at times

lelion:
. I disagree with you sir. I live and work in NIGER Republic. Northern borders are hermetically closed. Although smugglers at times find their ways at night because the northern borders are too numerous and difficult to cover by the security men.

I see.
Why are the southern borders not similarly porous

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Area4Area: 9:58am On Jan 21, 2020
Rgade:
How can a president be issuing executive orders from a foreign country??
What sort of joke is this.
Always addressing his country from London.
Is Nigeria an annex of the UK?
Go back and read the full message but slowly this time

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by BreconHills(m): 10:00am On Jan 21, 2020
Olukat:
Shut borders and tax those in your prison angry angry
Shutting your borders and creating other routes for smugglers or
Creating a border patrol force with all the equipment needed... which is better?

Do both.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by lelion: 10:05am On Jan 21, 2020
anonimi:

I see.
Why are the southern borders not similarly porous
..they are all same.. you will not believe the rate of smuggling going on around seme border. If you live in Lagos, Lagos go to Ghana park ( mile 2) and see the quantity of foreign rice and vegetable oil coming from Seme border. You cannot totally checkmate smugglers

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Originalsly: 10:10am On Jan 21, 2020
Oharina:

Is bubu the only fulani president in the whole of africa? Even if he is...
Why must he wear agbada every day of his life. Just imagine how every country's representatives are rocking their well fitted suit, except za oza man.

What exactly is wrong in him wearing agbada wherever he goes? Why must he wear suit? Doesn't Trump wear suit every day of his life?...and everywhere he goes? So why it's ok for Trump and not Buhari? Brainwashed and don't even know.

@ topic..... haters everywhere.... can't separate the message from the man. What exactly is wrong in what he said? He's right...gave reasons..keep them closed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Perfecttouchade: 10:17am On Jan 21, 2020
Simplebeauty:
grin

we are already getting used to eating stones with our rice. So no problem grin
I swear, recently my lil folks complaining about it grin I don't even bother chewing anymore, me wey no get better teeth but I make sure I shine my eyes before swallowing, how many stones person wan see with the eyes sef
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by ainas247: 10:19am On Jan 21, 2020
popsy2:
Ok. Let's pretend like we don't know how porous our borders are.

I don't know who needs this but if you are In need of CAC company registration, Business Name registration, Trustees, NGO, NAFDAC number on your products etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng
The interesting part is that consultation is free of charge. Yes! Free of charge.

I performed a little search on your business
If someone searches for business name registration in Lagos Abuja Etc...
I can rank your website for those terms on Google MSN BING YAHOO
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by sayisayi(m): 10:21am On Jan 21, 2020
lelion:

That is it, there is no way the whole length of the northern borders can be monitored at night. Na naija we dey. Even simple 2k naira and you can carry go past border control post. He is worried about guns and drugs....he is 8 years too late.
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Enemyofpeace: 10:21am On Jan 21, 2020
Na you sabi, na your headache be that not mine

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by popsy2(m): 10:31am On Jan 21, 2020
ainas247:

I performed a little search on your business
If someone searches for business name registration in Lagos Abuja Etc...
I can rank your website for those terms on Google MSN BING YAHOO

Send us a mail at info@lawlab. com
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Jonasbadoo(m): 10:35am On Jan 21, 2020
Open that thing biko
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by koolguy88(m): 10:38am On Jan 21, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Other world leaders dressed smart except Bubu

Always wearing ugly stale looking native attire to world meetings .
I just tire for the man.
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by DarkJeddi(m): 10:38am On Jan 21, 2020
Suko110:
Even the unaware president is now claiming to know grin.
He is concerned about the smuggling of drugs that destroy the youths but not doing about the incessant killing. Way to go Mr President
This is a classical case of damn if you do and damn if you don't..

So,the incessant killings of youths is it not being perpetrated with the same smuggled small arms that is being curtailed by border closure? :

In as much as we are not fans of Buhari,it is sometimes good to give the Devil his due.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by koolguy88(m): 10:39am On Jan 21, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
Open that thing biko
for why?
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by crackhouse(m): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2020
He only talks when he travel out of country.
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Emmaxmusic(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2020
Nawa
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by Dessyguy(m): 10:44am On Jan 21, 2020
Area4Area:
You can go to London and help the Ghanaian president to wail and beg for border reopening, Buhari and Nigerians are not bothered.
We thought Ghana and Ghanaians were doing wonderfully well since the border closure, why the continuous begging and stressing Buhari from Abuja to Lagos and now London by these Ghanaians?
show me where that's mentioned. We are doing well with or without the border
Re: I Won’t Reopen Borders Now — Buhari Says In London by ainas247: 10:49am On Jan 21, 2020
popsy2:

Send us a mail at info@lawlab. com

sent
update needed to be done on your website
as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair / Shocking Revelation Of What Led To The Death Of Obafemi Awolowo / Pandora Papers: Sambo Dasuki Family's Secret Deal & Leno Adesanya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.