Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? (656 Views)

University Student Praying On Roof Before Exam (pix) / ASUU Is A Problem Of The Nigerian University System - Prof. Ochonnu / Can U Solve This Primary 6 Quantitative Reasoning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by FX(m): 9:27am On Jan 21, 2020
Can prayer really solve any problem on earth?
From what I've seen since I began thinking on my own, I'm yet to see a problem prayer has solved practically. Why do people waste their time praying instead of going head-on to find a practical way to solve their problem.
I'm beginning to believe that praying is a scam. Yes, it is scam. People pray for years and things still remain d same. Even the prayer for Nigeria in distress that we started praying since I was in primary 2, Nigeria is even worse off. It's over 30 years now. The country is still the poverty capital of the world.
That brings back the question, can prayer solve any problem on earth?
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by GOFRONT(m): 9:35am On Jan 21, 2020
O ye Man of little faith..
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by FX(m): 9:50am On Jan 21, 2020
GOFRONT:
O ye Man of little faith..
is not about man of little faith. Faith comes when there are results. Then you now have faith that this process will most times come out positive or negative.
The results I've seen of prayers are things remaining the way they are. Status quo!
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:54am On Jan 21, 2020
2minutes away from being irreligious. you are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by Yustash001(m): 9:55am On Jan 21, 2020
Yes coupled with action....
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by GOFRONT(m): 10:06am On Jan 21, 2020
FX say no more..... grin

In our familes we have prayed even with fire, yet there are enemies within..

In our offices we have prayed yet corrupt practices have taken over..

In the bus before the journey starts, we pray...

On the football pictch we have prayed

In the church, in the mosque we have prayed.

How about in the Airplane??

In Nigeria, some even prayed before having intercourse with their spouse...

Nigeria has the most prominent Pastors in the world....As I'm typing right now, some prayer warriors are at the peak of a mountain somewhere praying...If you check around you, you would see them or hear their prayers from afar.....

Yet we see no changes....and now FX can no longer Can.

Pls somebody help me with that Nollywood actor's meme of local man cannot can... cheesy
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by Larryfest(m): 10:14am On Jan 21, 2020
Prayer doesn't solve any problem, for everything happening it has been destined to be so and no matter the amount of prayer you do if it's not time for a particular thing to take place it won't. We mostly pray to keep hope up just so we have something to hold on too.
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by psalmsmiles(m): 10:24am On Jan 21, 2020
yes
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by viyon02: 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2020
prayer work like magic ooooo
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by FX(m): 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2020
viyon02:
prayer work like magic ooooo
What did it work. Throw more light
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by mark1703official(m): 3:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
@op, in my own opinion I will say you're not very far from the truth. some people needs to work on themselves physically rather than disturbing God with prayers.
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by 4nigerianyouths(f): 3:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
It's prayer + work. That's the formula.
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by FX(m): 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
mark1703official:
@op, in my own opinion I will say you're not very far from the truth. some people needs to work on themselves physically rather than disturbing God with prayers.
Wow! That's really thoughtful of you. Thanks for contributing
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by Prettychichi21(f): 6:30am On Jan 22, 2020
Prayer does solve problems

I remember when I got admitted into the University, I had just 2k for TP..i had no one to help me with my tuition..i cried and prayed to God, He sent someone to bless me with more than enough almost immediately..not just that, the person offered to pay my tuition till I graduate! hallelujah!

I remember I prayed for good grades and to the glory of God I rose from a 3.30 GP in 100l to a 4.31 GP in 200l..

Trust God
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by FX(m): 11:18am On Jan 22, 2020
Prettychichi21:
Prayer does solve problems

I remember when I got admitted into the University, I had just 2k for TP..i had no one to help me with my tuition..i cried and prayed to God, He sent someone to bless me with more than enough almost immediately..not just that, the person offered to pay my tuition till I graduate! hallelujah!

I remember I prayed for good grades and to the glory of God I rose from a 3.30 GP in 100l to a 4.31 GP in 200l..

Trust God
You're still a student. You're still being educated. You're still in the process of refinement. I dont think you have the right to talk about this now. It wasn't prayer that gave you good grades. You studied and worked for it. It wasn't prayers that gave you a sponsor. You told people about your predicaments and you were lucky to get help. Your prayer didn't practically solve anything.
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by FX(m): 10:16am On Aug 14, 2020
What do you think?
Re: Can Praying Really Solve A Problem? by edoairways: 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2020
FX:
What do you think?
If not for prayers Nigeria would have been witnessed high death rates as a result of covid19. Countries with sophisticated equipment had high death rates compare to ours

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shortfalls In Salaries: NASU Gives Notice Of Strike / Physiotherapy As A Course / Teaching Jobs In Northern Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.