Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Boko Haram kills CAN official abducted in Adamawa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Boko Haram kills CAN official abducted in Adamawa (337 Views)

Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) / Boko Haram Kills Soldier In Adamawa After Trying To Invade Their Base. Photo / Boko Haram Kills Ali Garga, Commander Who Attempts To Surrender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram kills CAN official abducted in Adamawa by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 21, 2020
Boko Haram insurgents have killed Lawan Andimi, chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Michika local government area of Adamawa state.

Andimi was abducted early January when the insurgents attacked his village.

A source who confirmed the incident to TheCable said Andimi was killed by his captors on Monday.

Days after his abduction, the clergyman, in a video clip, asked Ahmadu Fintiri, governor of Adamawa, to rescue him.

“I have never been discouraged, because all conditions that one finds himself …is in the hand of God. God who made them to take care of me. So, the summary of my speech; I am appealing to my colleagues, reverends, particularly my president, Reverend Joel Billy who is a strong man, a man of compassion and man of love. He can do all his best to speak to our governor, Umaru Jibrilla (Fintiri) and other necessary agents for my release here,” he had said.

On Christmas eve, a faction of Boko Haram affiliated to the Islamic State, killed 11 Christian captives in Borno, and said the action was taken to avenge the deaths of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the late IS leader, and Abul-Hasan Al-Muhajir, its spokesman, who were killed in Syria in October.

Four abducted aid workers of the Action Against Hunger, an international non-government organisation, were also killed by the Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) in December.

The insurgents said the aid workers were killed because of the breakdown of talks with the federal government.

It is not clear why Andimi was killed as his captors are a yet to take responsibility.

https://www.thecable.ng/boko-haram-kills-can-official-abducted-in-adamawa

Re: Boko Haram kills CAN official abducted in Adamawa by Kylekent59: 10:26am On Jan 21, 2020
Even if the perpetrators are caught today, they would be arrested and then, rehabilitation follows immediately.

From there, they are recruited into one of the forces or are freed.

It just doesn't seem right.
Re: Boko Haram kills CAN official abducted in Adamawa by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 21, 2020
Amotekun is the way to go! Amotekun has come to stay
Re: Boko Haram kills CAN official abducted in Adamawa by Maxymilliano(m): 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
So they finally killed this gentle baba. What a wicked world. May his soul rest in peace. Oh my God, I saw the video while he was appealing for help.

And this is how the government of the day reward the same boko haram.

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Embarrassed By Police Called Operation Irongate 2days Ago / Woman Used By Pastors For Fake Miracles Reveals How Much She Made / Boko Haram Will Be History In Few Days, We Will Crush Them- Buratai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.