Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition (34437 Views)

35-Year-Old PDP Candidate, Lawal Musa Stops Yobe Speaker’s 6th Term Ambition / Tanko Yakasai: Amotekun Will Promote SouthWest, Southeast, Southsouth Secession / Amotekun Will Affect Nigeria's Unity - Arewa Consultative Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Alfaab: 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
You are a wise man.May God continue to bless you.Amen.
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Alfaab: 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2020
Amotekun is good for everybody. May God continue to protect everybody.
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by timota(m): 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hillsong34:
no section of the Nigerian constitution makes provision for either state or regional police, yoruba miscreants have no authority whatsoever to raise such an illegal army.
what of hisbah police in the north,which section of the constition makes provision for that .Hypocrite .
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by ayusco85(m): 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hillsong34:
no section of the Nigerian constitution makes provision for either state or regional police, yoruba miscreants have no authority whatsoever to raise such an illegal army.

What do you know about the constitution?
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by TVTKOKO(m): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hillsong34:
Going from thread to thread to vomit nonsense.. If you don't commit suicide because of this initiative, then you're a bastard!

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by ejimatic: 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
joshuaakindele7:
Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, has said that he is not disturbed over whether ‘Operation Amotekun’ may affect his chances of getting a second term in office.

Akeredolu, who is Chairman of South West Governors Forum, said he was only on the path of national cohesion with the collaborative internal security by the formation of Amotekun and not for any political ambition.

In a statement by his spokesman, Donald Ojogo, the Ondo State governor said that he will not be discouraged by the de-marketing of the regional security outfit aimed at addressing the daunting security challenges in the South-West.

He said, “In the case of Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu (SAN) of Ondo State, it is pertinent to state that he is not perturbed by the possible consequences of leading governors of the South-West in the formation of Amotekun.

“In particular, fears and apprehension have been expressed in many quarters that his role in the formation of Amotekun could affect his second term chances.

“This is far from the truth because Governor Akeredolu is on the path of national cohesion through collaborative internal security.

“The decision taken in respect of Amotekun was in the interest of the entire country and not the South-West alone.

“The political insinuations and blackmail are the required ingredients needed to make it credible. But such will not discourage the governor in any manner.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/01/21/im-not-bothered-if-%E2%80%98operation-amotekun%E2%80%99-will-cost-me-second-term-ambition-%E2%80%93akeredolu
. Amotekun is a Yoruba project.It has come to stay in Nigeria
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by atiku4President(m): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
DavidEsq:
Hm. When a politician in Nigeria is ready to sacrifice his political ambition for the ppl's welfare, he is an exception from the rest who are bloody marauders
I love this. Am proud of the Governors in South West for this. Let others wake up.
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by karashita: 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2020
DavidEsq:
Hm. When a politician in Nigeria is ready to sacrifice his political ambition for the ppl's welfare, he is an exception from the rest who are bloody marauders

He has won my heart by this pronouncement.Kudos,Governor Akeredolu.
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by sunkieisland(m): 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hillsong34:

I'm not a student of the Constitution but please enlighten us about the constitutionality of the "hisbah".

Let's make the discourse really educational.

I believe a real argument against a certain cause or people should extensively talk about all angles and not one man's point of view.
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Alfaab: 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2020
@athaliya
You are blessed.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by DennisEche(m): 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2020
THIS IS A REAL LEADER WE TALK ABOUT, NO BE LIKE TINIBU AND CO, MEAN WHILE LIKE FOR TINUBU SHARE FOR AKETI
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by ayosam4real: 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hillsong34:
Your level of ignorance �‍♂️ is nothing compared to none. If I may ask what part of the constitution stated that
1. Policing is on exclusive list;
2. That People do not have right to protect themselves
3. That the Governor's are not the custodians of security apparatus in thier respective states
4. That the Anthony General has the power to declare an entity, society, institution, or and event illegal without the power of court of competent jurisprudence.

If you can answer those questions then I would weigh your I. Q and know if you know what you are saying.
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by degamemaster(m): 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2020
Sanromeo:
How many Likes and Share for this bold, courageous and self-less Leader please.

The man have shown a great feet towards true leadership, I pray he sustains it and not waver or ambushed by the political terrorists.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Cantonese: 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
DavidEsq:

Have you heard the words "political jingoism" before? Do not bother to ask me where I got the words from. Truly just like the great Chuba Okadigbo once said, he has read "the political barometer" and done the "arithmetic" of his chances in the next election. The best move for Akeredolu is Amotekun. With those words of his he tries to put himself on the driving seat, working on the sensibilities of the people, to secure his second term ticket. How can you ever imagine that he will not do all in his power to get it?
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Cantonese: 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
ayosam4real:

Your level of ignorance �‍♂️ is nothing compared to none. If I may ask what part of the constitution stated that
1. Policing is on exclusive list;
2. That People do not have right to protect themselves
3. That the Governor's are not the custodians of security apparatus in thier respective states
4. That the Anthony General has the power to declare an entity, society, institution, or and event illegal without the power of court of competent jurisprudence.

If you can answer those questions then I would weigh your I. Q and know if you know what you are saying.

Please who is "Anthony General". Just asking before you can draw your conclusions on the man's "I.Q.".
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Blackking98(m): 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2020
demsy21:
This means your vote will be considered as null and void. cheesy grin kiss tongue Lol
Lol you that won't even come out to vote
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Subzero047: 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
muykem:
You can't see beyond your noise, if Tiunbu didn't support Amotekun Security outfit, you think these guys will be bold enough to come out like this.

Because you are in his mind to know he supports it?
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Nasir123(m): 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
Shegzo:

True talk... I notice only Gov Akeredolu and Gov Seyi makinde are serious abt this Amotekun

And Governor Fayemi

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by nathaliya: 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
@alfaab,
You won't believe they reported and banned me for that eye opening post but I promise them I will keep posting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by hartoyebi38: 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
nosadesmond:
All of you reigning praises on Aketi don't live in ondo state. If you live in ondo state you will rather be cursing him

Oga, I live in Ondo State but i don't see why cursing him

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Topmaike007(m): 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
Blackking98:

If APC were to present this man as presidential candidate, I would personally vote with my two hands and feet for him
lolz
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Mustiboy(m): 1:15pm On Jan 21, 2020
Look at how people are heaping praises at Akeredolu, an ineffectual charlatan who has made living hell for the people of Ondo.

The bastard already knows his chances of getting a second term is as impossible as making pigs fly, so why wouldn't he make such stupid statement?

Is this not the same Akeredolu that implemented a 500% increment in the fees of various higher institutions across Ondo State? And even when the aggrieved students of the varsities protested, he labeled them tugs and ordered that the police deal with them. And yes, I witnessed all this as tear gas was fired at us and as gun shots flew in the air. As a matter of fact, one of the shots landed on a student's limb, and he had to be hospitalized.

At the end of it all, this useless governor was undeterred and wouldn't give a listening ear to the crying parents who were begging him to reduce the fees. AAUA fees were between 25k—30k; now they range from 100k—150k. Outrageous.
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Topmaike007(m): 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hillsong34:
but you guys can have hisbah?

God will visit you guys iniquity one day
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Teddyg2(m): 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thunder fire you �
Which sections in the constitution makes provisions for Hisbah and Civilian JTF. Oloriburuku

Hillsong34:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Teddyg2(m): 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
Your President does not make life difficult.
Whether he makes life difficult or not, we admire him wink

Mustiboy:
Look at how people are heaping praises at Akeredolu, an ineffectual charlatan who has made living hell for the people of Ondo.

The bastard already knows his chances of getting a second term is as impossible as making pigs fly, so why wouldn't he make such stupid statement?

Is this not the same Akeredolu that implemented a 500% increment in the fees of various higher institutions across Ondo State? And even when the aggrieved students of the varsities protested, he labeled them tugs and ordered that the police deal with them. And yes, I witnessed all this as tear gas was fired at us and as gun shots flew in the air. As a matter of fact, one of the shots landed on a student's limb, and he had to be hospitalized.

At the end of it all, this useless governor was undeterred and wouldn't give a listening ear to the crying parents who were begging him to reduce the fees. AAUA fees were between 25k—30k; now they range from 100k—150k. Outrageous.
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by ud4u: 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
I love your stand
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Teddyg2(m): 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
This has been established already shocked

Tranquillity360:
Yorubas should just forget about Amotekun for now.

When your brother Tinubu become the President you can then establish your Amotekun without any confrontation.
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by brownemmanuel43(m): 1:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
I have come to realize that ever since this Yoruba security outfit started, not even Adeboye of RCCG has made a comment, even Prof Osibanjo. This is to tell Yorubas who their enemies are. Their enemies are not Igbos nor Hausa but their own people. Yoruba wake up, an illiterate cannot be dictating to intellectuals what to do.
Well Right now, I'm happy that u guys are now waking up to see the true picture. Biko if Fulanis don't want the security outfit, they should pack and go. After all Fulani in Nigeria is just a minority in Nigeria.
Amoteku has come to stay.
Infact any upcoming artist that wana blow, he should sing about Amoteku.
I rest my case, Bleep fulani, Bleep buhari, Bleep MANNAQUE or what's that his/her name self
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Opeyemi4real(m): 1:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hillsong34:
Your father.
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by hopexter(m): 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hillsong34:

If you were a true non Niger Nigerian, you would have noticed Amotekun is only a name Given to these long existing vigilantes undecided
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by FamousMonk: 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
deboysben:
Amotekun is illegal and must not allow to see the light of the day .

It's terrorist in disguise and must be stopped by all means.
Why not first stop the real terrorists that aren't even in disguise(herdsmen,boko haram) before you talk of stopping the one in disguise?
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by noegenesis(m): 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2020
Don't be too quick to condemn Tinubu. Sometimes you need to scatter your room before you arrange it better. I believe Tinubu, once handed over power will deal with the north beyond recovery. The northern ideology is sickening and pathetic, even the devil does not act that way! So why will Tinubu support it - He's playing a game of patience. Unfortunately the north understands that!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Capture 2 Wives Of Boko Haram Commander In Adamawa / Group Calls For Facebook Ban In Nigeria (video) / "I Have Fulfilled My Major Promises" – President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.