Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria (1812 Views)

How Oppo Nigeria Turned Laycon Into Sales Boy In Computer Village / OPPO Mobile Unveils The New OPPO A92, Tacha As Brand Ambassador / OPPO Mobile Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by chumsfortech: 1:01pm On Jan 21, 2020
Around this time in 2019, OPPO arrived in Nigeria and the buzz for the new OPPO smartphone, the OPPO F11Pro, began.
Speculations started as regards what type of phone it was, the quality, the durability and most importantly the camera. What stood out in the F11Pro was the pop-up camera. At the time, the F11Pro pop-up camera was the first of its kind in Nigeria and in Africa.

Everyone then seemed to have an opinion about the pop-up camera. Questions around the usage, to the protection of the camera, to its durability and repair were the talk of the town, and most of these fears were peddled largely by their competitors. Rather than stoop to engage with these ill-targeted jabs and banter about their new product, OPPO took the route of quality education and showcasing the efficiency and superiority of the camera.

To further solidify themselves as the trailblazer brand, the F11Pro became the FIRST EVER smartphone device to enter into the Big Brother Naija house every week. From those pictures, fans and non-fans were able to see the quality and photography prowess of the F11Pro and the stylish usage of the pop-up camera. This put an end to all OPPO slander and established the F11Pro as the King of Smartphone Cameras.

Suddenly, as expected, we have begun to see the fast-rising of the pop-up camera in the smartphones of competing brands, like the Huawei Y9, the new Infinix S5 and others. These particular brands that sponsored the OPPO banter in the beginning.
This only shows that when something is excellent, others have no choice but to copy it.

Now OPPO has left the pop-up camera space and has introduced the "Shark Fin Camera" in the OPPO Reno 2. Would we see a shift with other brands? only time will tell.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by goldtube(m): 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2020

5 Likes

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by Andywhty(m): 11:14am On Jan 22, 2020
indeed oppo has been the reason for a new revolution in smartphones in Nigeria, starting from the introduction of new innovation in camera down to the introduction of big battery size.

13 Likes

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by Branzy(m): 11:20am On Jan 22, 2020
Quick break down of the oppo phones;
Design on point
camera on point and dope
battery on point
screen type making sense
price= lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by Branzy(m): 11:28am On Jan 22, 2020
undecided undecided undecided. so is oppo f11 pro still the king of smartphone Camera ? undecided

5 Likes

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by temiregiddy: 11:44am On Jan 22, 2020
well my Reno 2 remains the best camera phone

8 Likes

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by okolojay: 11:47am On Jan 22, 2020
Still one of the best device in Nigeria
temiregiddy:

4 Likes

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by chumsfortech: 7:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
True that
Branzy:
Design on point
camera on point and dope
battery on point
screen type making sense

5 Likes

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by chumsfortech: 8:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
Nope, OPPO Reno 2 grin
Branzy:
undecided undecided undecided. so is oppo f11 pro still the king of smartphone Camera ? undecided

5 Likes

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by teekay619(m): 8:04pm On Jan 23, 2020
OPPO Cameras always stand out. It`s amazing how they have set the bar so high.

4 Likes

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by joeytrib: 8:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
Equitable! cool
Branzy:
Design on point
camera on point and dope
battery on point
screen type making sense

2 Likes

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by joeytrib: 8:08pm On Jan 23, 2020
Has to be OPPO Reno 2
Branzy:

3 Likes

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by joeytrib: 8:08pm On Jan 23, 2020
Night and it's still bright.
temiregiddy:

2 Likes

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by sexyshola1218: 8:10pm On Jan 23, 2020
Common its fair.
Branzy:
Design on point
camera on point and dope
battery on point
screen type making sense

1 Like

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by aramanda14: 8:13pm On Jan 23, 2020
OPPOs camera are just something else. We have to give them that

2 Likes

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by jerryidinoba: 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2020
OPPO= QUALITY ! Their designs are just something else

1 Like

Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by philsjoe: 9:35am On Jan 24, 2020
Me just waiting for OPPO next crazy and wowing machine.
Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by Ejadike(m): 10:31am On Jan 26, 2020
It's quite innovative though.
Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by IMASTEX: 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2020
philsjoe:
Me just waiting for OPPO next crazy and wowing machine.
I have beginning to pick interest in their phones since I learnt that they have a service centre in Nigeria. I saw a review of F15 coming in this month. I might get that. I had waited for Huawei to bring in a newer model with latest features. But the way it stands they only have those outside the country.
Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 26, 2020
Next phone is oppo or reno
Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by edoairways: 6:43pm On Jan 26, 2020
aramanda14:
OPPOs camera are just something else. We have to give them that
Which models has sharp camera?
Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by chumsfortech: 3:29pm On Jan 28, 2020
Baba to me all their phone camera are mad oo. well Reno 2 is the well-hyped one
edoairways:

Which models has sharp camera?
Re: How OPPO Mobile Started "Pop-up Camera" Trend In Nigeria by bennyefosa19: 10:42am On Jan 29, 2020
Oppo F15 is too cool smartphone and heard many people get impressed with features of AMOLED display, octa-core processing by Mediatek chipset and its high-res cameras

(1) (Reply)

How To Change Name On Truecaller When It Showing Wrong Name / Download Nokia Z Launcher 0.1.0 Apk 0 / Get Your Own Free Airtel 100mb Here Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.