Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly (22659 Views)

Paying Of Rent On A Monthly Or Yearly, Which Is Better? / Direct Rent Payment / I'm Looking For Monthly Or 3 Months Flexible Rent Payment In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by BAVOSKI(m): 1:30pm On Jan 22, 2020
Once you're in to well Pay Job ..... Monthly would have Been Better.....But once you are still try to survive with your little salary or income,I will go for 6 months

1 Like

Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by OsmanTolu: 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2020
[s]
post=86015150:
Team Monthly
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2020
In Nigeria, Monthly rent would have been the best. This will make everyone, especially the youths to sit up and work to earn a living, instead of being online trolling people and commenting on every nonsense Tunde Ednut posts. The thought of being homeless at the end of the month will make Nigerians work hard or become creative to earn a living.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by carpenter(m): 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2020
As a Renter, I would prefer to pay monthly.
As a Landlord, I would prefer to receive yearly (of course at the beginning of the year)

It all boils down to the time value of money for me.

1 Like

Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Instinct40: 1:32pm On Jan 22, 2020
Olhomes:
It's so common to see many people, especially in Europe, US or Canada paying rent on a monthly basis. Whereas in Nigeria, most people pay yearly

Would you prefer to pay your rent monthly or yearly?
Landlords, would you prefer to accept rents monthly or yearly, too?

Monthly oooo
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by praisewhiteman(m): 1:32pm On Jan 22, 2020
yearly is the best in other toavoid satan and landlord pallava
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Originalsly: 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2020
Landlord.... yearly.... one time confrontation for payment or kick out tenant.
Tenant... monthly.... easier to find the monthly rent than the yearly one... but stress every month end.... and more stress if salary not paid on time... or not at all... homelessness be staring you in the face.

2 Likes

Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by hotdealz(m): 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2020
You can actually fetch some profit with the money within a year.
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Samietbig: 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2020
I think monthly is better or quaterly. In that way you can easily put rent money aside for the next month(s)

My opinion sha
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Keemsleek005(m): 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2020
DRSEGUNBABA:
As a landlord, I ll never accept monthly tenants. They will never pay nothing but stories.

Since you are a landlord pls let me ask you some questions? What is the agreement fee all about? Why will a landlord demand 150k for agreement fee and 70k for caution fee? Excluding agent fee.

5 Likes

Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by omoharry(f): 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2020
I support rent on a Yearly basis..what if you are on a monthly rental plan and suddenly you lost your job after paying for your last month rent..what will happen to you since you know you do not have money anymore to pay for the rest of your stay.But with a one year rent, you will have more months to stay without wahala from your landlord pending when you search for another job before the rent expires.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by 9gel(m): 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2020
Monthly - Every one would own a house,
Every month you'll see people parking out,
Every month landlord and tenant dey argue.
Many more.
Monthly is just stressful..
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2020
I’m in need of a neat mini flat for a monthly rent. Lagos state.
Anyone with useful information should quote me.
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by DexterousOne(m): 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2020
dawnomike:
Monthly would have been better but Nigerians will frustrate the heck out of you!

That is one PROBLEM

Nigerians are peculiar people
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by osazsky(m): 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2020
Abeg which state una dey.? Them still they pay monthly rent? Na Osusu contribution na wah o
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by DexterousOne(m): 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2020
Mrquincy:
In Nigeria, Monthly rent would have been the best. This will make everyone, especially the youths to sit up and work to earn a living, instead of being online trolling people and commenting on every nonsense Tunde Ednut posts. The thought of being homeless at the end of the month will make Nigerians work hard or become creative to earn a living.

Another interesting angle to the argument

1 Like

Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Malcolm123: 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2020
it depends o ...yearly is way cheaper than monthly or quarterly
for countries lyk Cote d voire ,Togo etc dat use monthly ....it is not strange to be paying 20_50k a month

so by the tym u multiply am by 12 u will realize dat you are paying triple compare to wat we have in Nigeria

for example a room in Lagos for low cost mainland e.g bariga,onipanu etc u can see a room for 60k (excluding agent fee) ...dat is about 5k per month ...even for island if you are paying 400k yearly dat is about 30k monthly ...buh if na abijan u go dey hear 70-90 per month

4 Likes

Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Tonyblinky(m): 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2020
what concerns that mad president with this topic... nonsense and ingredients.
post=86015150:
#TeamMonthly.
This is only logical in life.
It makes life easier and you can plan adequately.
Are we the only ones that do that in Nigeria?(3 months actually!)
Or we have some Nigerians like us?

This is one thing we should be asking our government as citizens.
But in our darling country what some people ask their government is why is the President's daughter entering the presidential plane for an assignment?
Misplaced priority!

One day, we will get there as a nation.
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Samadict(f): 1:47pm On Jan 22, 2020
Yearly but agreement, commission and caution fees should be out of it. Just check the apartment, sign whatever document you need to sign and pay for ONE year. Not one/two years rent with commission, agreement and caution.
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Sidneyjack: 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2020
Olhomes:
It's so common to see many people, especially in Europe, US or Canada paying rent on a monthly basis. Whereas in Nigeria, most people pay yearly

Would you prefer to pay your rent monthly or yearly?
Landlords, would you prefer to accept rents monthly or yearly, too?
Yearly is better if only agents and agreement fees are removed
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by pavoda: 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2020
The Only way Monthly payments can be effectively implemented in Nigeria is if our court systems improve, so that Once contracts are broken action could be taken quickly and tenants evicted sharply.. its almost impossible any other way.
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Gudlite: 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2020
The rent would have been Monthly but open to people that want to pay in advance like 3months, 6 months or Yearly,

To enable people afford an apartment in Nigeria.

Some Landlords can't even accept 6months even to an Old tenant
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2020
post=86015150:
#TeamMonthly.
This is only logical in life.
It makes life easier and you can plan adequately.
Are we the only ones that do that in Nigeria?(3 months actually!)
Or we have some Nigerians like us?

This is one thing we should be asking our government as citizens.
But in our darling country what some people ask their government is why is the President's daughter entering the presidential plane for an assignment?
Misplaced priority!

One day, we will get there as a nation.
Bro how far? BBQ'd chicken dey? Quick suggestions...Why not put up your price list and how people can reach you on here. I think a lot of us here would like to order from you. Unless it's Audio things we will totally understand.

1 Like

Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by philip0906(m): 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2020
DRSEGUNBABA:
As a landlord, I ll never accept monthly tenants. They will never pay nothing but stories.
Please answer this question;
Keemsleek005:

Since you are a landlord pls let me ask you some questions? What is the agreement fee all about? Why will a landlord demand 150k for agreement fee and 70k for caution fee? Excluding agent fee.
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by AfonjaBoston: 1:55pm On Jan 22, 2020
None at all

Free housing
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by pavoda: 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2020
Monthly payment doesn’t stop you from paying for the whole year, if you are interested in that
omoharry:
I support rent on a Yearly basis..what if you are on a monthly rental plan and suddenly you lost your job after paying for your last month rent..what will happen to you since you know you do not have money anymore to pay for the rest of your stay.But with a one year rent, you will have more months to stay without wahala from your landlord pending when you search for another job before the rent expires.
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by bmdmixer: 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2020
Catchfirez:
If it was monthly.. everyone will have an apartment.
dos will monthly salary yes dos on daily bread of i hopee biz pickup will have heart attack
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Gudlite: 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2020
Keemsleek005:

Sir,

You didn't even add drinking money and agent fee oooooo on top of agreement and Caution. Lol

Drinking money is from #15,000.00
and agent fee is 10% of the Yearly rent

Very soon they will add parking space fee. Lol
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by frozen70(f): 1:59pm On Jan 22, 2020
Those in Europe has an organised system, they are sure if their economy and can always plan ahead, but the ones here are nit even trusting any one neither are they sure of the economy

Everything depends on how organised a country or system is
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Bontia(m): 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2020
Monthly payment of rent works in advanced countries because they have a structured credit system. If you default in paying rent or other bills as and when due you might just be doing damage to your credit.
Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by cococandy(f): 2:03pm On Jan 22, 2020
When you pay $2,500-$3,000 monthly for a decent size family home, then you know there’s no comparing the monthly vs yearly rent in both climes. The difference is too much.

1 Like

Re: Rent Payment: Monthly Vs Yearly by Dulles25: 2:04pm On Jan 22, 2020
Annually sounds quite stressful.

In my country, which is in Africa, we pay monthly rent.
This makes it easier to plan with the monthly salary. You know what percentage goes to rent, other utilities and savings.
It helps with living within your means.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corps Member Confirmed Dead As Death Toll From Lagos Collapsed Building Rises / My Fight With My Landlord / Genuine Land For Sale @ Alao Akala Way akobo Ibadan WITH PICS,Good Location.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.