Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! - Jobs/Vacancies (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! (308749 Views)

Lady Writes To Her “Brutal” Employer Shortly After Securing The Job (Photo) / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (339) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by wisdomremz(m): 1:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:

Yes. I cannot dispute that.
Brainly is a multi-million dollar company.
They have different websites all providing educational contents. Brainly.lat Brainly.in Brainly.com(US)
I think there are french and philipino domains too.

So I heard
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by wisdomremz(m): 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
I think Latin hire is done recruiting for Brainly, they are now recruiting for Pearson smart thinking which is also an online tutorial.

Who has written the smart thinking STEM test??

A friend wrote his yesterday, he was to answer 60 Maths questions of which he has to score 54 and above...The questions were quite crazily, according to him who is also an industrial mathematics graduate.

He applied as a maths tutor tho.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:

$10 daily targets is lofty. Believe me, the more you keep doing this, the more you will keep scaling.
I bet when you do $20 a day, you will be surprised and feel highly motivated. But one must take caution and thread with quality contents.
I started the month of March with $20+ a day but I wasn't consistent with it and you know consistency matters a lot.
Considering the fact that I've done it before (albeit with my phone), I'll make an attempt again without putting myself in any unnecessary pressure.
@bolded is more important than answering 100 questions a day..
Thanks for the heads up

1 Like

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2020
GentRoyal:

I started the month of March with $20+ a day but I wasn't consistent with it and you know consistency matters a lot.
Considering the fact that I've done it before (albeit with my phone), I'll make an attempt again without putting myself in any unnecessary pressure.
@bolded is more important than answering 100 questions a day..
Thanks for the heads up

Lol..

You have said it all. Godspeed
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
wisdomremz:

So I heard

So I know

grin
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by TheBlessedHero: 1:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
@Peterjosh, you've been an eye opener, and honestly, before now, GentRoyal has been my inspiration, but today I'm elevating you as my number one source of inspiration, not that I'll all of sudden start answering 20 and above questions per day (latinhire platform, seems to make it almost impossible sef, with about 1500 questions for them per day, questions can be scarce if you're not faster, and it's a "midnight rush"wink

Again, I want to use this opportunity to ask, how sustainable can this gig be?
Also, how can one improve his/her speed? I want to be slicing through questions with at least 7 per hour. I do struggle with 3, at most is 5 for me, and that's rare. Then, when most food get been picked by other users, hard questions can be tough to solve.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AmKen(m): 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:
Good morning folks.

Waoohh what a thread!!!

Next month would make it about a year I started out at Brainly. It has been a highly rewarding experience. One which I don't want to ditch for now. I used to think before now that there are only 4 Nigerians on Brainly. Lol. How mistaken I must have been. Don't blame me bikonu.

My own section of brainly is quite different. I was not hired through Latinhire. I got this job via Upwork. We have an exclusive slack team of about 108 freelancers providing answers on a special tool. They cut across different nationalities. The team keeps growing by the day.

Initially, the rate was $0.7 if you answer some certain number of questions per day and if less, its $0.6. But things got stepped up around September last year. The rate increased massively. Answering more than 26 questions per day gives a rate of $0.9 per question, more than 13 questions is $0.8 and lesser than that is for $0.7. Just of recent, things changed, college level questions are now rated $1, high school $0.9 and middle school $0.8.

It has been a rewarding experience for me. I have had some mad runs in some months doing up about 1000 questions. Yes, 1000 questions. I am not here to brag just hoping my experience will inspire someone to double up and give this platform the time.

When I started out, my ratings weren't consistent and I nearly lost the gig. But when I shot up to a 100%, I have never looked back. Not me but God. Now, nobody checks my answers again. I keep my quality and I know my answers are top. Sometimes I contest some of their decisions. These moderators are humans too.

I have achieved something substantial with Brainly. I like the freedom of the work and its flexibility. But nowadays, the questions gets pumped 1am which is gmt time. You just must be awake.

My strategy is to filter out high school and college questions out. I blaze through middle school questions like a tsunami. I have clocked up to 11 questions within an hour. But on an average, I do 7 questions. That's just me nowadays. I love brainly. It has awakened hope in me and the little financial freedom I have is courtesy of this million dollar company.

I answer questions related to bio, geo, chem and phy. I didn't even know latinhire was the hiring gateway for brainly. I get paid weekly through Upwork.

I am happy to stumble on this thread.
My advice to you folks starting out is to give it the time. Build your quality base and be known for it. Then scale up and take that risk. Don't answer questions you are not sure of. Be very explicit when explaining. Give original and unplagiarized answers. Please, let's keep our rep and maintain our decency.
Let's avoid those chicanerous behaviors that might put us as Nigerians in a bad light.

Oh just to chip in something more, the question pools are seasonal. When students are on holidays, expect a dry spell. The first week of this year wasn't funny at all. May/June and July are always peak seasons but save for covid, nobody knows what's up again. Also,September to December have crazy runs. February, March and April might be a bit slow.

Also, did you guys sign a non-disclosure agreement? That thing dey fear me o!!!!

I have had the privilege of working on some special teams using the tool. There was a project last year and every week I get tipped some extra dollars. That's how rewarding brainly can be.

Special commendation to the bosses that opened this thread. You did well. Infact, you are selfless. I have been looking for ways through which more Nigerians would get in but Upwork thwarted my efforts. Another story for another day if I happen to tell it.

Together, we are Brainly !!!!!

Thanks for the pep talk.
How did upwork thwart your plans?
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
TheBlessedHero:
@Peterjosh, you've been an eye opener, and honestly, before now, GentRoyal has been my inspiration, but today I'm elevating you as my number one source of inspiration, not that I'll all of sudden start answering 20 and above questions per day (latinhire platform, seems to make it almost impossible sef, with about 1500 questions for them per day, questions can be scarce if you're not faster, and it's a "midnight rush"wink

Again, I want to use this opportunity to ask, how sustainable can this gig be?

Lol. We are all here to help inspire each other. Who could have thought Latinhire was a gateway to brainly? But that selfless dude opened this thread and I see quite a number of people have been blessed. I have been blessing him secretly in my mind since I stumbled on this thread last night.

Don't mind my detour. I just find selfless people amazing.

To brainly, it has been sustaining me, I must confess. I have been able to make some cool transitions just through pitching my tent there. It's been a revealing and an awesome experience. I am academic oriented though.

Like I stated, April 4th will make it my 1st year.

One of the Nigerians I met is a content moderator. She has been with them for about two years and running now.

Also, I have deeply researched some folks profile on brainly, they date back to about 4-5yrs.

From this end, I will say, it's quite sustainable. You can use it to finance your next move and have the life you want.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by moneyest(m): 1:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:
Good morning folks.

Waoohh what a thread!!!

Next month would make it about a year I started out at Brainly. It has been a highly rewarding experience. One which I don't want to ditch for now. I used to think before now that there are only 4 Nigerians on Brainly. Lol. How mistaken I must have been. Don't blame me bikonu.

My own section of brainly is quite different. I was not hired through Latinhire. I got this job via Upwork. We have an exclusive slack team of about 108 freelancers providing answers on a special tool. They cut across different nationalities. The team keeps growing by the day.

Initially, the rate was $0.7 if you answer some certain number of questions per day and if less, its $0.6. But things got stepped up around September last year. The rate increased massively. Answering more than 26 questions per day gives a rate of $0.9 per question, more than 13 questions is $0.8 and lesser than that is for $0.7. Just of recent, things changed, college level questions are now rated $1, high school $0.9 and middle school $0.8.

It has been a rewarding experience for me. I have had some mad runs in some months doing up about 1000 questions. Yes, 1000 questions. I am not here to brag just hoping my experience will inspire someone to double up and give this platform the time.

When I started out, my ratings weren't consistent and I nearly lost the gig. But when I shot up to a 100%, I have never looked back. Not me but God. Now, nobody checks my answers again. I keep my quality and I know my answers are top. Sometimes I contest some of their decisions. These moderators are humans too.

I have achieved something substantial with Brainly. I like the freedom of the work and its flexibility. But nowadays, the questions gets pumped 1am which is gmt time. You just must be awake.

My strategy is to filter out high school and college questions out. I blaze through middle school questions like a tsunami. I have clocked up to 11 questions within an hour. But on an average, I do 7 questions. That's just me nowadays. I love brainly. It has awakened hope in me and the little financial freedom I have is courtesy of this million dollar company.

I answer questions related to bio, geo, chem and phy. I didn't even know latinhire was the hiring gateway for brainly. I get paid weekly through Upwork.

My advice to you folks starting out is to give it the time. Build your quality base and be known for it. Then scale up and take that risk. Don't answer questions you are not sure of. Be very explicit when explaining. Give original and unplagiarized answers. Please, let's keep our rep and maintain our decency.
Let's avoid those chicanerous behaviors that might put us as Nigerians in a bad light.

Oh just to chip in something more, the question pools are seasonal. When students are on holidays, expect a dry spell. The first week of this year wasn't funny at all. May/June and July are always peak seasons but save for covid, nobody knows what's up again. Also,September to December have crazy runs. February, March and April might be a bit slow.

Also, did you guys sign a non-disclosure agreement? That thing dey fear me o!!!!

I have had the privilege of working on some special teams using the tool. There was a project last year and every week I get tipped some extra dollars. That's how rewarding brainly can be.

Special commendation to the bosses that opened this thread. You did well. Infact, you are selfless. I have been looking for ways through which more Nigerians would get in but Upwork thwarted my efforts. Another story for another day if I happen to tell it.

Bia mr Man,
So you are among those that were enjoying the juice since and never bothered to disclose to anyone the orchard that you were harvesting your oranges shee?
Only coming now to tell us bla bla bla bla pile of sh*t encouraging words when u don see say no be today razor don tear the nyash u bin dey hide.
Imagine the conkubility. Something wey u don already cash out 4 one year now. Just com now come dey yarn akpata unto say wetin happen. Mr nice guy, why u no create thread since make guy men dem follow u collect small bar.
I go personally make sure say u no go see question answer today. comot road jare make I see front. See ur mouth like garri paint bucket. 1000 questions and special commendation kee u dere.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
moneyest:

Bia mr Man,
So you are among those that were enjoying the juice since and never bothered to disclose to anyone the orchard that you were harvesting your oranges shee?
Only coming now to tell us bla bla bla bla pile of sh*t encouraging words when u don see say no be today razor don tear the nyash u bin dey hide.
Imagine the conkubility. Something wey u don already cash out 4 one year now. Just com now come dey yarn akpata unto say wetin happen. Mr nice guy, why u no create thread since make guy men dem follow u collect small bar.
I go personally make sure say u no go see question answer today. comot road jare make I see front. See ur mouth like garri paint bucket. 1000 questions and special commendation kee u dere.

Hello Mr, why not take a chill pill. Learn to read and understand.(I have been expecting you, Mr Bash)

Let me say I am sorry for not divulging this information.

I didn't know about Latinhire. All I knew was I got hired on Upwork after crafting a proposal for a job just like all the regular jobs I have been getting.

I didn't know Latinhire was a gateway to getting hired as a tutor on brainly. I am not that kind of guy. In fact, I just bumped on this thread yesternight.

It's not my Father's company. I won't profit from hiding anything.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AmKen(m): 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:

Hello Mr, why not take a chill pill. Learn to read and understand.(I have been expecting you, Mr Bash)

Let me say I am sorry for not divulging this information.

I didn't know about Latinhire. All I knew was I got hired on Upwork after crafting a proposal for a job just like all the regular jobs I have been getting.

I didn't know Latinhire was a gateway to getting hired as a tutor on brainly. I am not that kind of guy. In fact, I just bumped on this thread yesternight.

It's not my Father's company. I won't profit from hiding anything.

The company that hired you on upwork, are they still looking for more tutors?
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
AmKen:

The company that hired you on upwork, are they still looking for more tutors?
I cannot say. But if you are on Upwork, you can search for Brainly. You should get some good hits.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by TheBlessedHero: 2:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:

Lol. We are all here to help inspire each other. Who could have thought Latinhire was a gateway to brainly? But that selfless dude opened this thread and I see quite a number of people have been blessed. I have been blessing him secretly in my mind since I stumbled on this thread last night.

Don't mind my detour. I just find selfless people amazing.

To brainly, it has been sustaining me, I must confess. I have been able to make some cool transitions just through pitching my tent there. It's been a revealing and an awesome experience. I am academic oriented though.

Like I stated, April 4th will make it my 1st year.

One of the Nigerians I met is a content moderator. She has been with them for about two years and running now.

Also, I have deeply researched some folks profile on brainly, they date back to about 4-5yrs.

From this end, I will say, it's quite sustainable. You can use it to finance your next move and have the life you want.
Thanks bro.

from your own platform do you think it's possible for both brainly and the firm that hired you not to review your work at all? or is it that when Brainly didn't review ones work, the hiring firm will review ones work, and if found satisfactory, they won't comment on it?

for about 5 weeks now, LH keep telling me Brainly didn't review my work, and truly it equates to 100% rating (judging from last month payment), does than mean, LH is reviewing my answers, found it satisfactory, but since Brainly didn't review, they just don't find any reason for it to rate me lesser?
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
moneyest:

Bia mr Man,
I wonder the kind person wey like and share your comment.
U no try at all o

3 Likes

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Thanks bro.

from your own platform do you think it's possible for both brainly and the firm that hired you not to review your work at all? or is it that when Brainly didn't review ones work, the hiring firm will review ones work, and if found satisfactory, they won't comment on it?

for about 5 weeks now, LH keep telling me Brainly didn't review my work, and truly it equates to 100% rating (judging from last month payment), does than mean, LH is reviewing my answers, found it satisfactory, but since Brainly didn't review, they just don't find any reason for it to rate me lesser?

From my end, I was hired by brainly directly. The review was initially when I started. I think about the first few weeks. I can't remember the last time they reviewed my answers.

Often times, they bring moderators. The moderators will report you answers and tell you to correct them. They will even give you clues to fix them.

But if they stopped reviewing, just keep dishing quality contents. That's the only thing you should keep in mind.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:

From my end, I was hired by brainly directly. The review was initially when I started. I think about the first few weeks. I can't remember the last time they reviewed my answers.
Often times, they bring moderators. The moderators will report you answers and tell you to correct them. They will even give you clues to fix them.
But if they stopped reviewing, just keep dishing quality contents. That's the only thing you should keep in mind.
We probably don't answer the same set of questions
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
GentRoyal:

We probably don't answer the same set of questions

Yes. It's very glaring. .
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by TheBlessedHero: 3:00pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:

thanks Boss.

1 Like

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Ustec: 3:07pm On Mar 30, 2020
JayIlych:

Wait, questions were available during the day? �
Yeap.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Trojan8(m): 3:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:
Good morning folks.

Waoohh what a thread!!!

I am speechless
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Ustec: 3:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:
Good morning folks.

Waoohh what a thread!!!

Interesting cool
Upwork is one hell of a serious something this days,
But we go still sail sha.

1 Like

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ustec:

Yeap.

I bet they're not solvable questions
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:

Bounteous luck buddy. I also started out with a phone for like the first three months. I had a laptop but no electricity in my petit village. God bless NYSC.. grin

Seems Upwork pays better than LH

May our pockets never run dry
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Trojan8(m): 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ustec:

Interesting cool
Upwork is one hell of a serious something this days,
But we go still sail sha.

And my account dey waste for one corner.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
JayIlych:

Seems Upwork pays better than LH

May our pockets never run dry

Depends on the exchange you use. Upwork will charge 20%
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:

Depends on the exchange you use. Upwork will charge 20%

I don't think LH charges any percentage as it wasn't included in their terms and conditions (unless I missed them)

Do Upwork pay directly to your account or paypal
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
JayIlych:

I don't think LH charges any percentage as it wasn't included in their terms and conditions (unless I missed them)

Do Upwork pay directly to your account or paypal

That's the good side.

I use payoneer. Upwork can pay directly but the rate is about #349 but payoneer is #388.

I don't use PayPal.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by sameereinstein(m): 4:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:

That's the good side.

I use payoneer. Upwork can pay directly but the rate is about #349 but payoneer is #388.

I don't use PayPal.
When registering your upwork account, what category did you select?
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
sameereinstein:

When registering your upwork account, what category did you select?

When registering..?? I don't understand...

But u should be able to register an account for free and easily now. A friend registered without any hassle last week.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by BrightShineSky9: 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:
Good morning folks.

Waoohh what a thread!!!

Also, did you guys sign a non-disclosure agreement? That thing dey fear

me o!!!!

Thanks for sharing this piece here, Im new to upwork, and have been trying to get tutoring jobs there but seems not easy, please can I connect with you through WhatsApp I need help?
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by sameereinstein(m): 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
Peterjosh:

When registering..?? I don't understand...

But u should be able to register an account for free and easily now. A friend registered without any hassle last week.
Yes, it's for free, but I just want to know the category you choose eg. Data analytics, writing, admin, sales and marketing, IT etc.
Why I'm asking is because none of the categories conform to online tutoring. I don't know if ure understanding me?
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Ustec: 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
JayIlych:

I bet they're not solvable questions
Just as your endless questions cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (339) (Reply)

Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police / Nigeria Civil Defence Corp Is Recruiting: / Natforce Recruitment And Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.