Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity (62364 Views)

Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" / Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami / Ibrahim Babangida Says Amotekun Not Viable, Advises South-west Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by BRASH: 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2020
Seconded!!
BlackSeptember:
This Tinubu is an idiot.

Hiding his stupidity with Semantics that doesn't deal with the issue at hand

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Mrexcell(m): 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2020

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Kwamecron(m): 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2020
mrking3:
your ignorance is irredeemable. Your Jagaban has not taken any decisive stand on Amotekun. He doesnt want to displease his people and or the North whom he's heavily relying on to give him the presidential ticket. His Political interest comes first before anyother thing. But you ignorant followers will never see things differently because you eat from the crumbs that falls of his table.

He make a stand. We the Yoruba ppl don’t throw away the bath water and the baby together.

We apply brain in everything we do.
but u can actually read that he did not support the movement. He’s a politician not a security expert.

I advice u to listen to analysis on ur radio and TV,
U will actually understand his stand since u can’t digest this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2020
tinsel:

I am an igbo man, but if you check all the noise about this matter, igbos are propagating the it the more.

How are you sure the comments you read online are from Igbos. At the inception of Buhari tenure, it was IPOB everywhere. Do you know how much the people suffering Buhari today trolled Igbos?

Grow up man

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Simbrixton(m): 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2020
BlackSeptember:
Tinubu should go and sleep.

Yoruba: We want Amotekun 

FG: Amotekun will not be allowed 

Yoruba: It's Malam that said that nonsense and not buhari because Buhari knows he has a strong support in the SW so he will never try to break our heart

Me: Abeg who is Malami working for? Which party is Malami working under and which party is supporting the proscription of Amotekun. 

Yorubas don't know what they want and their noise will end here because Amotekun is DOA. They should continue supporting their Apc oppressors

Chinua Achebe said in book that when the gods don't do the bidding of its people then it's time for the gods to be removed
fulani slave
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by HENRY940: 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2020
Breaks silence by saying nothing

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by immaculatesense(m): 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2020
TroubleMaker47:

Did you even read the press statement? undecided
He neither supported nor condemned it!
He just beat around the bush!
That should be more worrisome for your ilks! But luckily for you, you have comprehension problems.
Did u just said someone lacks comprehensive prowess?...I swear,na u lack am...only a Yoruba understand wat Jagaban said...we are educated and we are good are literary meanings...call an educationalist from d western world to interpret wat he said for u if u...dey will smile and narrate ur stupidity for u in just one word...Jagaban is a true born Yoruba who is wise like his forefathers...both d south and north can't find any wrong in his statement like dey wish they had...but the west understands every bit of it...long live Jagaban of Politics

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by pongwa(m): 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2020
donstan18:
As usual, aside FFK and some few, hardly will you see a typical politician from the WEST hitting straight forward .

Just look at how he ended up saying nothing, busy beating around without condemning and supporting what should be condemned and supported.

To the gullible ones thinking Tinubu cares for them, do well to have it in mind that he'll choose the North over you lots just to get presidential ticket.
he picked a neutral side and clamoured for a more objective way of resolving issues. He also recognised the efforts of southwest governors as 'complimentary'. However, he didn't state whether it was constitutional (we should analyse the seperation of Power btw states and federal level). He spoke as a true national leader, even better than Buhari

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by OsmanTolu: 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
[s]
Osagyefo98:

You finally nailed it as to why Igbos should learn to mind their business as you rightly put it.
[/s]
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by OsmanTolu: 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
[s]
Osagyefo98:

We hold and recognise the sanctity of lives but shouting Hausa-fulani remains the enemy how do you wish to collectively achieve such feat of protecting lives?

That's why we have rules and engagement plus order. There are situations you don't make yourself too obvious as if you the only one at the receiving end.

What about Plateau, Benue, Taraba and the rest.

[/s]
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
czarr:
how old is your mother?

She far old and educated to tag anybody enemy.

She doesn't have such time.

Only village parents that their son reads news for them will do and it seems likely your mother falls in here your stepfather inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by BRASH: 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
That tells u the IQ of many on this forum. If u ask many of thos hailing this gibberish the true position of tinubu, i wonder what they will say. What a pity.
BlackSeptember:
The idot said nothing but you won't know because you are a sycophant

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by martinsodo: 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2020
I wonder why some Yoruba attack Ibo's in this Amotekun matter. What do they stand to gain.The Ibo's they are attaching supported Amotekun.Why some people are dying when the Ibos done nothing wrong.The Hausas that have spoken against it in totality, they didn't attach them. Why the attack on Ibo's just because they are progressing business wise. I tagged enemies of progress. They can't cat go far on life.period

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Alwaysachick: 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2020
HQuadreal:
Sabi baba.

Please what did he say I only see someone sitting on a fence.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by jozee8: 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2020
donstan18:
As usual, aside FFK and some few, hardly will you see a typical politician from the WEST hitting straight forward .

Just look at how he ended up saying nothing, busy beating around without condemning and supporting what should be condemned and supported.

To the gullible ones thinking Tinubu cares for them, do well to have it in mind that he'll choose the North over you lots just to get presidential ticket.
I thought I was the only one that took notice of his neutrality
Don't stand on the fence, you are either in support or against...
But like peak milk.... It's in you wink
B

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by contigiency(m): 12:47pm On Jan 22, 2020
Well said Jagaban bogu. In every arguements, you must look at the both sides of the Waring factions and balance your thoughts. You don't just have to take sides just for cheap popularity therein. And as a leader as he is often called, he doesn't have to rush to talk without having the needed facts for balanced mediation. You have earned more respect for this well thought out, taught provoking statements.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by OsmanTolu: 12:47pm On Jan 22, 2020
[s]
Osagyefo98:

Only village parents that their son reads news for them will do and it seems likely your mother falls in here your stepfather inclusive.
[/s]
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by immaculatesense(m): 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2020
To me e come be like say e pain Easterners pass us ooo...even e never even pain northerners set like dis...wetin...I tink d issue is between northerners and us na...wetin concern una...okayyyy...u tink by his statement,the north and west will turn enemies for u to win in 2023 abi...u av failed fa...Igbo's...biko...don't interfere in Amotekun issue again...ur own don do na...abah...una too carry am for head pass Yoruba...Jagaban is our native...we understand him...whether we are right or wrong...wetin be una headache for dis matter...ahhhh...

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by czarr(m): 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2020
Osagyefo98:

boring attempt at a clapback.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by andyanders: 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2020
donstan18:

Tinubu has ended up saying nothing but playing on the inteligence of his people while trying to please his masters for his political ambission. A yoruba race was insulted by Saleh who told them to their face that they are very 'primitive' by establishing Amotekun. The Federal government also proscribed same outfit backed by the attorney general. Too bad. Tinubu is just after his personal gain.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Malcolm123: 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2020
Lostz:
is it in Nigeria constitution to create Islamic police? to enforce Sharia law on non Muslims?

I get you .....my colleagues are doing sth wrong ....I also have same right to do sth wrong

even at dat don't forget ekiti state created vigilante under Fayose no alarm....borno and yolar did similar thing ...even some SE states also no alarm

buh creating a regional vigilante is anoda thing entirely .....just imagine Oda 5 regions follow SW in doing same thing ...how do you think Nigeria go be

you will be travelling from kaduna to Lagos
you meet FG police,FG army,FG custom ,FG frsc,northwest vigilante , North Central vigilante ,south west vigilante ....

now imagine all dis in every state you pass from.kaduna to Abuja to kogi to Ondo to osun to Oyo to ogun B4 u face Lagos ....FG SARS still dey .

won't it be too much nah

d best thing be say make all dis governors and senators just fight for state police or regional police

arming a vigilante with AK47 and paying him just 13500 us dangerous ...dat is the perspective me I take dey look am o ... PEACE

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by ArticleBeast: 12:50pm On Jan 22, 2020
donstan18:

You noticed it abi... The nigga was just running round circles... Well, his personal interest above his ethnic interest

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Ladycewhy(f): 12:50pm On Jan 22, 2020
Well i guess the meyti allah herdsman is more clearer and brave than the so called jagaban to have brazenly called yorubas 'primitive" while all jagaban can only play with words and sit in the fence like a coward grin. Cowards seem to hide under diplomacy these days grin grin.

Anyway i still support amotekun as a southerner,those northern parasites can go hug transformer.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by immaculatesense(m): 12:50pm On Jan 22, 2020
andyanders:
Tinubu has ended up saying nothing but playing on the inteligence of his people while trying to please his masters for his political ambission. A yoruba race was insulted by Saleh who told them to their face that they are very 'primitive' by establishing Amotekun by them. The Federal government also proscribed same out backed by the attorney general. Too bad. Tinubu is just after his personal gain.
Wetin come be ur headache...are u his people?...una stress on dis matter self tire me ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by HQuadreal: 12:50pm On Jan 22, 2020
Alwaysachick:

Please what did he say I only see someone sitting on a fence.

Lol, read again slowly this time...

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Amalekki: 12:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
Politics: Read, watch, learn

When multiple interests are involved the ballgame is different.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by King44(m): 12:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
immaculatesense:
To me e come be like say e pain Easterners pass us ooo...even e never even pain northerners set like dis...wetin...I tink d issue is between northerners and us na...wetin concern una...okayyyy...u tink by his statement,the north and west will turn enemies for u to win in 2023 abi...u av failed fa...Igbo's...biko...don't interfere in Amotekun issue again...ur own don do na...abah...una too carry am for head pass Yoruba...Jagaban is our native...we understand him...whether we are right or wrong...wetin be una headache for dis matter...ahhhh...
jagaban is your native, Tinubu tgatvus ready to sacrifice sw for his ambition that would meet a dead end las las I don't trust that man, but at least he said something but his neutrality card is worrisome
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Doyin2(m): 12:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Tinubu is speaking from both sides of his mouth on this.

Summary of what he said:

He is not saying that Amotekun is bad but he is not saying the government is wrong either.

However, both of them cannot be right at the same time because the government's position on Amotekun about the legality of it.

Federal Government had the luxury of consulting with the state governments directly to understand their operations before they chose that position.

Tinubu is very wise.

Truth be told without emotions,Amotekun is inevitable provided the legislation is put in place.

That is the hidden message of the Jagaban.

Half a word is enough for the wise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by myrates: 12:52pm On Jan 22, 2020
With due respect, Tinubu was busy saying nothing...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2020
Osagyefo98:

You finally nailed it as to why Igbos should learn to mind their business as you rightly put it.
What do you think of Miyetti Allah, a Fulani organisation, who are the main opposers of amotekun in the southwest? Are they minding their business?
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2020
Malcolm123:

I get you .....my colleagues are doing sth wrong ....I also have same right to do sth wrong

even at dat don't forget ekiti state created vigilante under Fayose no alarm....borno and yolar did similar thing ...even some SE states also no alarm

buh creating a regional vigilante is anoda thing entirely .....just imagine Oda 5 regions follow SW in doing same thing ...how do you think Nigeria go be

you will be travelling from kaduna to Lagos
you meet FG police,FG army,FG custom ,FG frsc,northwest vigilante , North Central vigilante ,south west vigilante ....

now imagine all dis in every state you pass from.kaduna to Abuja to kogi to Ondo to osun to Oyo to ogun B4 u face Lagos ....FG SARS still dey .

won't it be too much nah

d best thing be say make all dis governors and senators just fight for state police or regional police

arming a vigilante with AK47 and paying him just 13500 us dangerous ...dat is the perspective me I take dey look am o ... PEACE
nothing wrong in forming a regional security since northern senators will not support any attempt to create regional police.

it is better to meet registered AK47 vigilante along the way than meet AK47 carrying Fulani from all over West Africa who don't even understand the English language

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by immaculatesense(m): 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2020
martinsodo:
I wonder why some Yoruba attack Ibo's in this Amotekun matter. What do they stand to gain.The Ibo's they are attaching supported Amotekun.Why some people are dying when the Ibos done nothing wrong.The Hausas that have spoken against it in totality, they didn't attach them. Why the attack on Ibo's just because they are progressing business wise. I tagged enemies of progress. They can't cat go far on life.period
U tink they support Amotekun...i also thought so until now...they are just trying to look for loopholes on dis issue to tell it to our face how we are not united...but they failed...trying to find fault in Jagaban as shown dat...but dey couldn't because we who understand him will support him...we all are united Yoruba...if Igbo's want to support us...dey shud do dat objectively not dis way dey are

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Party Sharing Money In The Presence Of Security Agents - Sahara Reporters / Untold Story Of The N13billion Recovered From Ikoyi, Lagos Apartment / You’re Pathetic – Aisha Yesufu Blasts Bishop Oyedepo, Islamic Group Over Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.