Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Why Do We Cry When We Pray? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Cry When We Pray? (612 Views)

Why Do We Pray, Since God Already Knows Everything? / Why Do We Pray With Candle? / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by Preciousgirl(f): 1:28pm On Jan 22, 2020
Why do we cry when we pray?

And why do we babble at times?
Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by Bukky244: 5:29pm On Jan 22, 2020
Preciousgirl:

If we remember how He is good and loving not withstanding our opposition to him we cry.
If we remember how wretched we were before his salvation found us we cry.
If we remember how we cannot save ourselves from sin we cry.
If we remember how without him we would have been invoked by witches and wizard and made to do nonsense we cry.
If we remember how he keeps us when we are surrounded by enemies masquerading as good neighbours we cry.

Why do you cry? For sinners?
Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by Bruno3000(m): 8:20am On Jan 26, 2020
Its our spirit man expressing itself. The spirit is glad when we engage in prayer and worship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:27am On Jan 26, 2020
Bruno3000:
Its our spirit man expressing itself. The spirit is glad when we engage in prayer and worship.

Lol. I guess when people cry when watching movies, or listening to songs by naira marley... The spirit gets glad too when we engage in entertainment?

There's nothing special in crying while you pray or listening to a gospel performance. It doesn't mean that the crier is "moved" by the spirit.

Humans cry everytime, and for anything, because of "emotions". The lottery winner and loser cries equally, because sometimes humans do not know how to take control of their emotions, and then they let emotions lead instead of logic.

If humans had the ability to let logic lead everytime, there would be no single religious person in the world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by peteradoga3(m): 8:30am On Jan 26, 2020
Just for the format to be completed
Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by Bruno3000(m): 8:41am On Jan 26, 2020
Still an expression. Whether u agree with me or not, we are spiritual beings, hence the expression via crying. Mind u the spirit can not be glad at all times- how it responds is dependent on a particular scenario. Why do u think Jesus wept? He was was simply grieved in the spirit.
CAPSLOCKED:

Lol. I guess when people cry when watching movies, or listening to songs by naira marley... The spirit gets glad too when we engage in entertainment?

There's nothing special in crying while you pray or listening to a gospel performance. It doesn't mean that the crier is "moved" by the spirit.

Humans cry everytime, and for anything, because of "emotions". The lottery winner and loser cries equally, because sometimes humans do not know how to take control of their emotions, and then they let emotions lead instead of logic.

If humans had the ability to let logic lead everytime, there would be no single religious person in the world.
Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:48am On Jan 26, 2020
Bruno3000:
Still an expression. Whether u agree with me or not, we are spiritual beings, hence the expression via crying. Mind u the spirit can not be glad at all times- how it responds is dependent on a particular scenario. Why do u think Jesus wept? He was was simply grieved in the spirit.

jesus wept severally, mostly because he was scared or confused.

Remember one time he wept seriously on the mountain, asking his father to let the cup pass him by.

Imagine after years of planning, you're finally sent to be the saviour of the world, and in the dying minute, o'boy was trying to chicken out.

My God my God, why have you forsaken me?
At this moment, he accused his father of betrayal. Let's not even talk about this guy. He is the biggest simp in history.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by Uyi168: 9:21am On Jan 26, 2020
It's the brain with its usual tricks..
U see worse during musical concerts, many would cry,scream and even collapse.
It's just the brain with its numerous neurotransmitters...
Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by shadeyinka(m): 9:22am On Jan 26, 2020
We cry when you see the magnitude of grace that God has extended towards you.

We cry when we see that we were forgiven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by Bruno3000(m): 11:51am On Jan 26, 2020
Haha see this mortal entity. Even the devil knows who JESUS CHRIST is. Let's not go there, ur right.
CAPSLOCKED:

Remember one time he wept seriously on the mountain, asking his father to let the cup pass him by.

Imagine after years of planning, you're finally sent to be the saviour of the world, and in the dying minute, o'boy was trying to chicken out.

At this moment, he accused his father of betrayal. Let's not even talk about this guy. He is the biggest simp in history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by Bukky244: 6:12pm On Jan 26, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I hope this word will not come back to hunt you. Some said worse, and their last moment was regret, Francois Voltaire comes to mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by CAPSLOCKED: 6:40pm On Jan 26, 2020
Bukky244:

I hope this word will not come back to hunt you. Some said worse, and their last moment was regret, Francois Voltaire comes to mind

some said nothing, their last moments were the worst. you think you're special? you're not. wait until you find yourself in the camp of ISWAP where no amount of prayers will save you from execution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by Professorcplus(m): 7:14pm On Jan 26, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

grin You got me cracking my ribs out

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by vickydankal(f): 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2020
Bukky244:

If we remember how He is good and loving not withstanding our opposition to him we cry.
If we remember how wretched we were before his salvation found us we cry.
If we remember how we cannot save ourselves from sin we cry.
If we remember how without him we would have been invoked by witches and wizard and made to do nonsense we cry.
If we remember how he keeps us when we are surrounded by enemies masquerading as good neighbours we cry.

Why do you cry? For sinners?

On addition:
It shows brokenness before God
When you are cloth in his glory, you may ask for anything but appreciate and praise him for who is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by Professorcplus(m): 7:35pm On Jan 26, 2020
Preciousgirl:

A times when the spirit decends upon the believers it takes control of us and we are being led by the spirit. Romams 6 vs 8 for as many are led by the spirit are the sons of God. When the spirit takes control over the canal mind we let the spirit leads us which is why we shake our heads, clap our hands, slam the ground with our legs and sometimes even slap someone beside us. If the spirit finally take over us we jump up and fall on a soft chair shaking our canal body waiting for someone to carry us. One silly mistake can make you land on a hard ground with pains. It will be more painful when no one came to ur rescue then you start to cry when you prayed.

I hope I answered your question grin

Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by Bukky244: 12:02pm On Feb 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

some said nothing, their last moments were the worst. you think you're special? you're not. wait until you find yourself in the camp of ISWAP where no amount of prayers will save you from execution.

Christians have been dying for their faith beginning with the death of Jesus. Our prayer is that when it gets to our turn to lay down our lives for Him, may we find grace to stand strong.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:23pm On Feb 11, 2020
Bukky244:

Christians have been dying for their faith beginning with the death of Jesus. Our prayer is that when it gets to our turn to lay down our lives for Him, may we find grace to stand strong.

ONLY A FOOL DIES FOR FAITH. I MEAN, IN MY FAMILY WE BELIEVE THERE ARE DRAGON EGGS ONTOP OUR HEADS. NOBODY CAN SEE THE EGGS BUT THEY'RE THERE AND WE HAVE FAITH AS A PROOF FOR DRAGON EGGS ON OUR HEADS. THEN WE GO ON TO DEFEND OUR BELIEFS WITH ALL OUR LIVES AND PREPARE TO DIE FOR OUR IMAGINATIONS THAT SERVES THE WORLD NO BENEFITS.

RELIGIOUS PEOPLE? DELUDED AND SICK FOLKS, ALL OF YOU.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Cry When We Pray? by Bukky244: 12:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

ONLY A FOOL DIES FOR FAITH. I MEAN, IN MY FAMILY WE BELIEVE THERE ARE DRAGON EGGS ONTOP OUR HEADS. NOBODY CAN SEE THE EGGS BUT THEY'RE THERE AND WE HAVE FAITH AS A PROOF FOR DRAGON EGGS ON OUR HEADS. THEN WE GO ON TO DEFEND OUR BELIEFS WITH ALL OUR LIVES AND PREPARE TO DIE FOR OUR IMAGINATIONS THAT SERVES THE WORLD NO BENEFITS.

RELIGIOUS PEOPLE? DELUDED AND SICK FOLKS, ALL OF YOU.

??

(1) (Reply)

Olumba Olumba: Why We Don’t See Jesus Christ As Lord / Reasons For Accepting Jesus Christ By Nabeel Qureshi / SHOCKING: Prophet Odumeje Heals A South Africa Returnee From Madness By Slapping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.