Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,515 members, 7,812,600 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

5-day Goal Setting Challenge For Teachers And School Owners - Day 2 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5-day Goal Setting Challenge For Teachers And School Owners - Day 2 (189 Views)

Anambra To Host Bossladylaw Business Challenge For Secondary Schools / How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers / Oluwafemi Adedairo Has Won The World Mathematics Team Challenge For Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5-day Goal Setting Challenge For Teachers And School Owners - Day 2 by Kazrem(m): 7:33pm On Jan 22, 2020
GOAL SETTING CHALLENGE FOR TEACHERS AND SCHOOL OWNERS

DAY 2

The feedback from yesterdays challenge blew me away!!

I actually had no idea hundreds of people have been yearning to set their 2020 goals.

Woah!!

I am really impressed.

In case you missed Day 1 challenge, here is the link

Today is the day 2 of the Goal setting Challenge and we will be looking at ...

BENCHMARKS

If you want to travel abroad, what are the four key things you will need to do?

Get a passport
Buy ticket
Get to the airport on the book date and
Get into the aircraft at the appointed time

What are the four key actions you need to take if you want to cook soup?

Know the soup you want to cook
List the ingredients
Go to the market to buy them
Proceed with your cooking

As is it for your cooking and travelling abroad, so it is for your goal. There are junctions or small actions that you need to be (or achieve) before you can achieve the big goal. This is what is called BENCHMARKS.

Benchmarks are specific smaller goals that you need to take a specific period of time to achieve the main goal.

Using the above example, the main goal is travelling abroad. Right? Now, getting a passport, buying a ticket, getting to the airport and entering the airplane are the benchmarks. There are smaller goals you must achieve before you achieve the main goal.

So, you need to identify four small goals you need to achieve that will lead you to achieve the main goal. Say, getting married is your goal. The four benchmarks could be, one, getting a spouse that you love and loves you, two, getting to know his or her parents, three, he/she knows your parents too, and then lastly, getting engaged. All these four small goals (benchmarks) will lead to the main goal which is getting married.

EXERCISE/CHALLENGE

1. State your goal again
2. List four benchmarks that you will need to achieve to have the main goal
3. Send this to me to help you access it via Whatsapp on 07030340696.

See you tomorrow for day 3.

5-Day Goal Setting Challenge is brought to you by The Innovative Teacher

(1) (Reply)

I Heard Mass Comm Is No Longer Available / ASUU Has Threatened To Embark On Strike / IJMB Registration 2020/2021 Has Begun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.