Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

What Do You Think Of Yar'dua 's Inaugural Speech? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think Of Yar'dua 's Inaugural Speech? (6038 Views)

Fani- Kayode, Anenih, Other Speak On Buhari’s Inaugural Speech / Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa / Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of Yar'dua 's Inaugural Speech? by VIC4U: 1:38pm On Jun 06, 2007
His speach was good likewise OBJ's speach in 1999

people weresaying that OBJ was God's, that he is the only person 2 save Nigeria but the end justifys the means.

I believe is only God that can save Nigeria!
Re: What Do You Think Of Yar'dua 's Inaugural Speech? by 3dhunter(m): 11:18am On Jun 07, 2007
soon we would know who is deceiving who
Re: What Do You Think Of Yar'dua 's Inaugural Speech? by NeduJen(f): 9:55am On Mar 02, 2008
Reply at Mr. Official
"Is just the normal AFRICANspeeches we are use to on inauguration days.
Obasanjo said the samething in 1999 when petrol was 22 Naira, and he has helped us to fix it to 75 naira and also sold all our national pride. e.g PHCN, NITEL, ASCON, WAPCO, REFINERIES, GOVERMENT HOUSES, NPA, NIGERIA AIRWAYS. undecided

Nobody is trying to vilify him, what do you expect from him? Obasanjo is still at his back, and all the party members. I can sit down and relax when a politician from FRESH DEMOCRATIC PARTY become the president of Nigeria. Tinubu as told us the full meaning of PDP ----> People Deceiving People. ----> People Destroying People. ---> People Dehumanizing People.
And hope we won't have same casualties during Obansanjo regime. Like Plane crashes cry, Auto crashes, Pipeline crashes, Bomb crashes, First lady crash, Niger delta crashes, Maccido crashes, Human crashes, Etnic crashes, Electorial crashes, impeachment crashes, House sinking crashes, Mobile (phone) ritual crashes, Collapse building crashes
and all other crashes of these world." undecided

Hey, its called political gimmicks . Besides, our Nigerian Pride as you call it, Privatization of such structures or industry like NEPA->PHCN I think an amazing result had been achieved in that section[so far that I am aware of]. I once lived in Aba and presently Lagos; I have tasted the experience of NEPA and it was nothing to talk about ( having electricity every 3 months for just a week is really nothing to be proud of) but if you seem to notice now in Lagos electricity is not steady , yes i do know that but at least performance has been improved.

As for the Crashes ( some were planned of course but most were from mismanagement of NAMA and FAAN) and of course some being the governmental selfish innuendos.

Point being, yes the President calls himself our servant and all. Truly, eradicating corruption (in my own opinion- its the root of all our problems) starts from we/US the citizens for instance- pointing fingers (relating to the educational system for example) if one is offered bribe to pass someone or allow someone cheat in an exam, job interview, appointing someone, what is such act called? If a governmental candidate appoints a union or organization to forge electoral counts and the union accepts the bribe , What is that called?, So for starters lets work on our own front and back yard first and take it step by step.[Hopefully this will be the last step of our first steps]

So far I believe Yar'adua has been struggling to maintain his power with Atiku and co, so hopefully after such "Drag of Power" I hope he will still have enough strength and will to keep his word(s), But i must admit calling an ex president "My President" does not show a healthy constitution. bit in order countries from what I know , ex presidents are still called "Mr. President", did not really follow on the "MY President" wink tongue
Re: What Do You Think Of Yar'dua 's Inaugural Speech? by almondjoy(f): 4:53pm On Mar 02, 2008
One year later, the speech still means nothing.
Re: What Do You Think Of Yar'dua 's Inaugural Speech? by NeduJen(f): 5:37am On Mar 03, 2008
That is why I mentioned US/WE not them, relying on some man's words ( which may not be conceived) is very disheartening.
Re: What Do You Think Of Yar'dua 's Inaugural Speech? by Obele: 3:23am On Mar 04, 2008
Don,t mind Mr President ( MR RULE OF LAW or Mr GO SLOW ) ,we are familiar with type of speech. Don.t allow him to decieve u by his rubbish rule of law . He is not a man of his word .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Nigerian Olympic Athlete Arrested For Murder In South Africa / Gov. Obiano Reviews Pre-deployment Security Drone Exercise (PHOTOS) / Photo: Who Is "Chimaokoro63", And What Don't We Know About The Kuje Bomb Blasts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.