Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

Are Final Year Research Projects Compulsory For All Undergraduates? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Final Year Research Projects Compulsory For All Undergraduates? (376 Views)

Why Are Final Year Students So Broke? / JAMB Matriculation List For All Undergraduates / 2017/2018 U.i Cut Off Marks For All Undergraduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Final Year Research Projects Compulsory For All Undergraduates? by projectclue11: 7:13am On Jan 23, 2020
The question of whether or not project research is compulsory for undergraduates is same as asking if food is compulsory to be eaten because they both aim significant needs at their various levels. Just like food, the ball of choosing undergraduate project topics by students and hustling to get it approved by their supervisors is the sole court of students; likewise you can choose not to participate actively in the final year project research at all.

What are undergraduate projects really about?
What’s the big deal about undergraduate projects? Is this thing really worth dying for? Is it possible I skip this part of my undergraduate programme at school?.... are common questions undergraduates will ask when they are on they seem not to get hands on the next way out.

Ideally, undergraduate projects research are project base test that are assigned individually to undergraduates at their final year level as a way of testing their level of understanding of their course of study and their area of specialization in prospect.

If you have observed closely as undergraduates, you will realize that students are made to choose their research topics by themselves and brought for approval to their project supervisors. Why is this done? It is done so that students can choose their undergraduate research topics from the subject area they find very much interesting and would likely further their studies on such subject areas.

Are research projects compulsory for undergraduates?
I ‘did rather say it is necessary and not compulsory. You may choose to do it or not to; but the institution in which you study will not take it lightly if you choose not to. It is more like a prerequisite in your undergraduate degree programme and forms a major part of your assessment.

Incase you didn’t know, undergraduate research is a course that tests students on their project management skills. No wonder they are taken through the process from the scratch – which is choosing undergraduate project topics and presenting a proposal to be approved and after which is brought to a defense panel for approval.

The aim of testing students on project management is very important as it very challenging part of that career part you so wish to toll after school. Besides no one will give you your results if you haven’t completed your projects in school.

Undergraduate project is infact compulsory for graduation and necessary for participation.
Re: Are Final Year Research Projects Compulsory For All Undergraduates? by viyon02: 8:42am On Jan 23, 2020
yes now

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Fortuitous Invention Of The Illuminati Conspiracy / What Is The Implication Of A Wrongly Spelt Name In My Statement Of Results. / COVID-19: Jos Residents Worry As NIPSS Continues Lectures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.