Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 - Jobs/Vacancies (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 (144371 Views)

Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2022 / Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2021 / PwC Graduate Recruitment 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by iamwok: 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
Jeremy23:

Is it for Assurance or Advisory

Assurance
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Bricks92(m): 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2020
Eryckah911:

Thanks for sharing, hope the interview went well?
Please what kind of topic cry cry

Wickedinlaw:

Speaking on topics you didn't prepare for could be something else. I guess economic related topics as usual.. Bricks please talk oo

Yes my interview was fine I think. About the discussion topics for the first part of the interview, I think this depends on the role you may have selected and your Cv experience. In any case, the topic would still be relevant to issues related to Nigeria. My topic was around sustainable energy.
Irrespective of the topic you get, you would be expected to share your thoughts on the spot, so you may not have time to completely think it through. Again you have just 5 minutes, and they want to hear you talk. My advice, whatsoever topic you get try and proffer solutions to Nigeria problems or identify opportunity areas.
Topic differs really I guess but if your CV is accounting related or you have a background, I would expect more economical topics. I hope this helps.

4 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2020
Bricks92:

Yes my interview was fine I think. About the discussion topics for the first part of the interview, I think this depends on the role you may have selected and your Cv experience. In any case, the topic would still be relevant to issues related to Nigeria. My topic was around sustainable energy.
Irrespective of the topic you get, you would be expected to share your thoughts on the spot, so you may not have time to completely think it through. Again you have just 5 minutes, and they want to hear you talk. My advice, whatsoever topic you get try and profer solutions to Nigeria problems or identify opportunity areas.
Topic differs really I guess but if your CV is accounting related or you have a background, I would expect more economical topics. I hope this helps.

Yes this helps a lot. Thank you!!!
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2020
Wickedinlaw:

Speaking on topics you didn't prepare for could be something else. I guess economic related topics as usual.. Bricks please talk oo
My dear, it's going to throw people off balance. Like how are we even supposed to predict what area it could come from, what if we don't have anything to say(God forbid lol)
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by lonewolf20: 3:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
Eryckah911:

My dear, it's going to throw people off balance. Like how are we even supposed to predict what area it could come from, what if we don't have anything to say(God forbid lol)
Confidently say anything grin grin. Na just five minutes
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Smartrock: 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2020
Tutors needed in Abuja pay is 20k and above depending on your area.please interested persons should call this line 09079648121
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 3:23pm On Jul 24, 2020
lonewolf20:

Confidently say anything grin grin. Na just five minutes
Lmao abi now grin grin... I think the presentation skills is what they're looking out for mostly
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Wickedinlaw: 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
Eryckah911:

You will start saying erm erm erm.. God forbid ooo grin grin... Make person no start to dey cry oo grin

2 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Jeremy23: 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2020
benque:
Done mine. It was very chilled. After wearing suit and knotting tie, it was not even video sef.

So first they'll throw that scenario question at you. The thing wanted to shake me but as I started to talk thank God something came out.

Then the interview questions

1. Tell me about yourself
2. They asked about my CV
3. Have you learnt anything recently?
4. Why PwC
5. Do you have a time where you had to convince people to go your way? Tell us about it.
6. Do you have a time where your integrity has been tested?
7. Do you maintain contact with professional contacts in places you have worked for?
8. Have you gotten negative feedback? And how do you cope?
9. Have you had to lead a team?
10. How do you keep up to date with technological trends?
Please what kind of economic issues were you asked to talk about?
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Jeremy23: 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
Bricks92:

In line with what has been earlier shared. Yes the interview is in two stages, the first part being a topic discussion where you have to share your thoughts on a given topic for about 5 minutes. The second part, the main interview where you respond to questions and also get to ask some, if any, at the end.

Please kindly shed more light on your interview

All the best.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Jeremy23: 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2020
lonewolf20:

Assurance
Oh Thanks
I picked Assurance too.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Jeremy23: 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
iamwok:

Assurance
Thanks
Same here
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Bouiqui: 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2020
Hey guys

I did my interview today and all the tips that have been posted here has been useful . Just familiarize yourself with the question and setup your system 30mins before the test
I had issues with mine
My video wasn’t displaying at first and and I had to sort that out which took a while.

Secondly, The interview is in 2 stages. The first is discussion. A question will be read to you and you will be asked to discuss within 5 mins buh it’s not easy o
I dnt even think I used up to 3 mins cos I ran out of ideas cry
Just familiarize yourself with General discussion(GD) topics. Mine was on “farming“ tho. Check out those questions out on google. Questions like Education in Nigeria, Tourism and it’s implication, Covid’19 and it’s effect on the economy. , just familiarize , it could be anything

The second stage was the normal interview questions posted on the platform. It doesn’t necessarily mean they will ask you word for word , its actually a follow up question to what you have said when introducing yourself.

It’s not easy buh May God be with us all

Lastly, results will be communicated at the end of August, as they are still conducting interviews, so if you haven’t gotten, relax as the interview will go on till the end of next month.

Success to us all smiley

9 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 5:06pm On Jul 24, 2020
Bouiqui:
Hey guys

I did my interview today and all the tips that have been posted here has been useful . Just familiarize yourself with the question and setup your system 30mins before the test
I had issues with mine
My video wasn’t displaying at first and and I had to sort that out which took a while.

Secondly, The interview is in 2 stages. The first is discussion. A question will be read to you and you will be asked to discuss within 5 mins buh it’s not easy o
Just familiarize yourself with General discussion(GD) topics. Mine was on “farming“ tho. Check out those questions out on google. Questions like Education in Nigeria, Tourism and it’s implication, Covid’19 and it’s effect on the economy. , just familiarize , it could be anything

The second stage was the normal interview questions posted on the platform. It doesn’t necessarily mean they will ask you word for word , its actually a follow up question to what you have said when introducing yourself.

Lastly, results will be communicated at the end of August, as they are still conducting interviews, so if you haven’t gotten, relax as the interview will go on till the end of next month.

Success to us all smiley

Thank you so much dear.
The fact that you shared without anyone asking first is really admirable. Thanks and God bless! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
Wickedinlaw:

You will start saying erm erm erm.. God forbid ooo grin grin... Make person no start to dey cry oo grin
Hahaha grin grin grin we'll just say whatever with confidence las las,if it likes let it make sense or not
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2020
This thread actually has a lot of thoughtful people, cause I have gone as far back as 2017 and those guys were kinda tight-lipped, so keep up the good work guy...you're appreciated wink wink wink

7 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Julietayoola: 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2020
Pls what are the units under assurance
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Cflow10: 7:52pm On Jul 24, 2020
Julietayoola:
Pls what are the units under assurance
I’d like to know too please.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Jeremy23: 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
Thank you so much dear.
The fact that you shared without anyone asking first is really admirable. Thanks and God bless! smiley[/quote
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Jeremy23: 8:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
Bouiqui:
Hey guys

I had issues with mine

Success to us all smiley

Thank you so much
It will all end well by God's Grace.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Jeremy23: 8:26pm On Jul 24, 2020
Cflow10:

I’d like to know too please.
Check the Synopsis as they are all written there. You will see words like FSIP, TICE, ENERGY, CIPS, CADA....
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
Jeremy23:

Check the Synopsis as they are all written there. You will see words like FSIP, TICE, ENERGY, CIPS, CADA....
The one sent to us ? Cause I just went through the one sent for assurance and there's nothing there. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2020
Jeremy23:

Can you share the units full names here please, thank you.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by lonewolf20: 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2020
This could be of help. I got it from someone who left PWC recently. Might have changed
There are units and there are sub-units. I can't list them all and not too sure of the current structure. But I don't expect it to differ much from the ones I have listed below:
Financial Services Industry (FSI): This unit carries financial statements audit of companies in financial services - banks, insurance, mortgage houses, and the likes
Energy Utilities and Mining (EUM): This unit carries financial statements audit of companies in oil and gas, mining and other utilities
Consumer and industrial product and Services (CIPS) - This unit carries financial statements audit of companies in FMCGs. Just before I left another unit was created under this unit. It's called
TICE - Technology, Information, Communications, and Entertainment - So companies like Glo, Airtel, Movie production, tech will be here
Risk Assurance Service (RAS) - RAS basically works with other units (if needed) during audits. They look at internal controls, they consult, they look at revenue assurance and do other data analytics stuff. This unit has other units such as:
Commercial and Data Analytics (CADA)
Digital Risk and Cyber Security
Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC)
Internal Audit
IT Risk Assurance
Capital Markets, Accounting, and Consulting Services (CMACS): In charge of accounting standards interpretation and consulting as well as capital markets consulting.
Public Sector and Government (PSG): This unit carries financial statements audits of most government agencies.
Assurance R&Q

8 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 9:29pm On Jul 24, 2020
lonewolf20:
This could be of help. I got it from someone who left PWC recently. Might have changed
There are units and there are sub-units. I can't list them all and not too sure of the current structure. But I don't expect it to differ much from the ones I have listed below:
Financial Services Industry (FSI): This unit carries financial statements audit of companies in financial services - banks, insurance, mortgage houses, and the likes
Energy Utilities and Mining (EUM): This unit carries financial statements audit of companies in oil and gas, mining and other utilities
Consumer and industrial product and Services (CIPS) - This unit carries financial statements audit of companies in FMCGs. Just before I left another unit was created under this unit. It's called
TICE - Technology, Information, Communications, and Entertainment - So companies like Glo, Airtel, Movie production, tech will be here
Risk Assurance Service (RAS) - RAS basically works with other units (if needed) during audits. They look at internal controls, they consult, they look at revenue assurance and do other data analytics stuff. This unit has other units such as:
Internal Audit
IT Risk Assurance
Capital Markets, Accounting, and Consulting Services (CMACS): In charge of accounting standards interpretation and consulting as well as capital markets consulting.
Public Sector and Government (PSG): This unit carries financial statements audits of most government agencies.
Assurance R&Q
Thanks Lonewolf...this is more than helpful wink
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Julietayoola: 9:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
Thank you cos I wanted to confirm cos some of this are not on wat they sent to us
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2020
Julietayoola:
Thank you cos I wanted to confirm cos some of this are not on wat they sent to us
Are you referring to the assurance synopsis they sent? Cause the one I have is just one page and I didn't see any of these listed there at all.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Cflow10: 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2020
Thanks brother.
lonewolf20:
Internal Audit
IT Risk Assurance
Assurance R&Q
Thanks brother.

1 Like

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by ObianujuU: 11:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
Finally got an invite for August 10.

1 Like

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 11:35pm On Jul 24, 2020
ObianujuU:
Finally
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by iamwok: 7:00am On Jul 25, 2020
Jeremy23:

The document I was sent has none of the above.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Cflow10: 9:46am On Jul 25, 2020
ObianujuU:
Beginning to seem like I might be the last to get one. Maybe I should send a mail too.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (59) (Reply)

Nirsal And Cbn Recruitment Is Going On / Diamond Bank 2015 Recruitment / Inec Apointment 2013 (newly Apointed Staffs )

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.