Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:28 AM

U.k Visa Advice My People - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.k Visa Advice My People (3212 Views)

Extremely Urgent Visa Advice!!!! / Urgent USA Visit Visa Advice - From UK / Urgent U.k Student Visa Advice,justwise,vjustic And Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.k Visa Advice My People by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2010
pls apply for u.k visa in 2007 and was denied because my date of birth on waec and passport differs i correct it and appeal the result but was not succeful my certificate w.a.e.c was withheld by the embassy.now want to apply again should i get a new w.a.e.c result or just use a photocopy lastly the date of birth on my transcript differs also and was requested by the school and the embassy should i make a new passport with my correct date of birth same with my trancripts and my birth certificate then apply or correct the one on my w.a.e.c that differ from the passpost .then explain to the visa officer that i was mislead by my agent or just forget about u.k and try canada or u.s or even finland with free tuition
Re: U.k Visa Advice My People by Bishop(m): 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2010
My Guy re u sure the WAEC result u presented to the British High commission is not Oluwole, i dont see any reason why the will withold you result if they dont suspect it to be faked.

If u think otherwise approach them and seek the release of your result.You were ven contemplating of getting another one do u buy them from the market ?
Re: U.k Visa Advice My People by Vicjustice: 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2010
My friend, you are under a 10 years ban

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-401198.0.html
Re: U.k Visa Advice My People by ukbabies: 12:41am On Dec 12, 2010
Sorry vicjustice I don't understand what you mean by inquiring.
Is the family visit visa the same as a long term visit visa, I am confused.
I am planning of submitting my babies scans etc, my employment documents such as a ref. from my employer, my payslips, invitation letter to my mom, photos of me and my mom, my bank statement.
clear purpose of trip (to help me take care of the babies) and using her recently bought treasury bills to state what will bring her back home.

Nb:I am new on this website and i am having difficulty knowing how to actually post my questions.

Thanks for the quick response

Hi,

I want advise as to what UK visa to apply for my mom.

Firstly, I am expecting multiple babies next year april, and I am currently in the UK having a UK skilled work permit visa.

Since I am expecting multiple babies, I will want my mom to come and visit me and help me take care of the babies as I do not have any family here.

Moreover, this is my first pregnancy and I have no clue on how to take care of babies.

My mom only has a recent bank account which she used to buy treasury bills and a plot of land (not sure the documentations are finalised).

I am thinking of applying for either a 6mths or 2yrs visitor visa, what documents do u recommend for each of the visas? she has not travelled outside the country before.

A 6months visa would mean I need to get a nanny which is not too favorable for the work I do, which involves some amount of travelling around town,
moreova I don't want to take full 1 year maternity leave cos I just started the work in October and I am not sure I will be paid during the full one year i.e. no Statutory maternity pay for me,  which would mean I would not be able to take care of my babies and myself, talkless of the numerous bills.

So I do need my mom to be around taking care of them, while I return to work as soon as possible, to continue getting paid monthly, I checked with the nursery, the fees are too much.

Hope to hear from u soon.

Hope to hear from u soon.
Re: U.k Visa Advice My People by Vicjustice: 12:49am On Dec 12, 2010
The visa your Mom should apply for is a FAMILY VISIT visa.
   Now, you only told the story about your potential family situation, your expectations and work desire, but you didn't state anything regarding the visa application process and inquiring, i hope you know what to do to have an expected result.
Re: U.k Visa Advice My People by ukbabies: 1:09am On Dec 12, 2010
Sorry vicjustice I don't understand what you mean by inquiring.
Is the family visit visa the same as a long term visit visa, I am confused.
I am planning of submitting my babies scans etc, my employment documents such as a ref. from my employer, my payslips, invitation letter to my mom, photos of me and my mom, my bank statement.
clear purpose of trip (to help me take care of the babies) and using her recently bought treasury bills to state what will bring her back home.

Thanks for the quick response

Nb:I am new on this website and i am having difficulty knowing how to actually post my questions.
Re: U.k Visa Advice My People by Vicjustice: 1:48am On Dec 12, 2010
I was actaully wondering why you didn't ask questions regarding how to go about the visa application, and now i can see that you already have great ideas of what needs to be done.
   Logically, given the reason for the application, i don't think the UK embassy would issue a visa that would extend beyond 6 months validity period especially as she is a first time applicant.
   You asked whether FAMILY Visit VISA is the same thing as a LONG TERM VISA; Actually, this question is irrelevant because, while FAMILY VISIT visa is a category of its own, "Long Term Visa" is not a category but a duration. Any visa is considered a Long Term Visa if the validity period is longer than 6 months.
   And as for the documents that you are compiling to support your Mom's visa application, i think you're doing great. But also, make sure thatn you have adequate rooms to accommodate your upcoming family together with your mother, she could be refused the visa if the ECO (Entry Clearance Officer) observes that your home is not an ideal one for your household.
Re: U.k Visa Advice My People by ukbabies: 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2010
Hi vicjustice,

Thanks for the advice.

the issue about house adequate to accommodate my new family, has kept me thinking as I only rent a one room, though the house is a two bedroom house.

Any advice as to getting a flat or house in the west midlands.
thanks.

I appreciate your work vicjustice. Enjoy your evening.
Re: U.k Visa Advice My People by Vicjustice: 8:39am On Dec 13, 2010
ukbabies:

Hi vicjustice,
Thanks for the advice.
the issue about house adequate to accommodate my new family, has kept me thinking as I only rent a one room, though the house is a two bedroom house.
[b]Any advice as to getting a flat or house in the west midlands.[/b]thanks.
I appreciate your work vicjustice. Enjoy your evening.
Unfortunately, i can't tell about getting a house or a flat in London, i don't live in England, but in Ireland.
Now, as for accommodation issue, honestly, it doesn't look good at all that you're sharing a house, the ECO will not grant the visa in this condition. So, if you really want your mom's visa application to be successful, then, you have to get a comfortable and suitable accommodation for your expanding family (forget about the cost, you can re-adjust after your mom has been granted the visa wink ). If you go ahead to apply without sorting out this issue, then, be prepared for a long battle of appealling the visa refusal; and by the time the uncertain decission is reached, the kids are already todlers, and that might mean a change in circumstance that would make the original purpose of the visa become invalid.
If you have further assistance, feel free to ask, i'll help.
Re: U.k Visa Advice My People by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 13, 2010
thank vicjustic pls when did the ban began my application was in 2007 my certificates are original and not oluwole and it was just a silly mistake agents agent agent they mislead me
Re: U.k Visa Advice My People by kunlewoye(m): 10:35am On May 04, 2012
NAIRALANDERS

I applied to some UK schools and have been give Conditional offer letters to study Petroleum and Gas Engineering(MSc) at Salford Uni, Subsea Engineering at Strathclyde and Cranfield Unis (Most other Unis in the UK don't take 2:2 for related courses).

The issues I need advice on are these:
-My passport expires next january and I need to apply for a Tier4 visa now. Can I use the passport even though it expires soon or should I go for another passport?

- The year of birth on my WAEC certificate is 1985 instead of 1986, everything else is correct. I had been using my statement of result since 2001 and just went to my school in Osun state from Abuja for my cert last week when I got to know this. I was at the WAEC office here in Abuja two days after ago I got back but I was verbally referred to the Ibadan zonal office (I was told my school was grouped under that zone). I read on some other threads on here that it takes a minimum of 3months and max of 6months to have another one issued by WAEC.
I surfed the Internet and got the supposed phone numbers of the Ibadan office but realized they were now defunct, so I set out to go there. I was at the Ibadan zonal office yesterday morning only to not be allowed in because nobody would see me until May 21- SSCE exam was going on and all the officials were now busy at the various exam centers! I was not even allowed in (TWATS, THE LOT OF THEM)!!

The problem is I want to make sure all the things presented to the school for admission would be the exact same things presented to the UK embassy officials. To receive my UNconditional offer letter, the WAEC result should be one of the documents to present (to show I have C6 or above in English Language).
PLEASE WAITING FOR WAEC TO ISSUE ANOTHER RESULT IS NO MORE AN OPTION(EXCEPT IT'S POSSIBLE TO HAVE ANOTHER ISSUE IN A MONTH'S TIME MAXIMUM)
WOULD AN AFFIDAVIT ALONE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE OR MUST I HAVE ANOTHER LETTER FROM WAEC TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEY KNOW ABOUT THE ISSUE AND ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE IT?
HAS ANYONE HERE EVER APPLIED FOR A UK VISA USING A QUESTIONABLE WAEC CERT BACKED UP WITH AN AFFIDAVIT/LETTER FROM WAEC OFFICE AND GOTTEN THE VISA?
I DO NOT WANT MY CERTIFICATE WITHHELD BY THE UK EMBASSY!

WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHAT WOULD STAND ME IN GOOD STEAD??
Re: U.k Visa Advice My People by Lexusgs430: 1:45am On May 07, 2012
kunlewoye: NAIRALANDERS

I applied to some UK schools and have been give Conditional offer letters to study Petroleum and Gas Engineering(MSc) at Salford Uni, Subsea Engineering at Strathclyde and Cranfield Unis (Most other Unis in the UK don't take 2:2 for related courses).

The issues I need advice on are these:
-My passport expires next january and I need to apply for a Tier4 visa now. Can I use the passport even though it expires soon or should I go for another passport?

- The year of birth on my WAEC certificate is 1985 instead of 1986, everything else is correct. I had been using my statement of result since 2001 and just went to my school in Osun state from Abuja for my cert last week when I got to know this. I was at the WAEC office here in Abuja two days after ago I got back but I was verbally referred to the Ibadan zonal office (I was told my school was grouped under that zone). I read on some other threads on here that it takes a minimum of 3months and max of 6months to have another one issued by WAEC.
I surfed the Internet and got the supposed phone numbers of the Ibadan office but realized they were now defunct, so I set out to go there. I was at the Ibadan zonal office yesterday morning only to not be allowed in because nobody would see me until May 21- SSCE exam was going on and all the officials were now busy at the various exam centers! I was not even allowed in (TWATS, THE LOT OF THEM)!!

The problem is I want to make sure all the things presented to the school for admission would be the exact same things presented to the UK embassy officials. To receive my UNconditional offer letter, the WAEC result should be one of the documents to present (to show I have C6 or above in English Language).
PLEASE WAITING FOR WAEC TO ISSUE ANOTHER RESULT IS NO MORE AN OPTION(EXCEPT IT'S POSSIBLE TO HAVE ANOTHER ISSUE IN A MONTH'S TIME MAXIMUM)
WOULD AN AFFIDAVIT ALONE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE OR MUST I HAVE ANOTHER LETTER FROM WAEC TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEY KNOW ABOUT THE ISSUE AND ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE IT?
HAS ANYONE HERE EVER APPLIED FOR A UK VISA USING A QUESTIONABLE WAEC CERT BACKED UP WITH AN AFFIDAVIT/LETTER FROM WAEC OFFICE AND GOTTEN THE VISA?
I DO NOT WANT MY CERTIFICATE WITHHELD BY THE UK EMBASSY!

WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHAT WOULD STAND ME IN GOOD STEAD??

Sort out the mix-up first, there is no point submitting contradictory documentation, because that would be enough ground to reject your application and possibly impose a 10 year ban.
Patience is key, try to defer your admission till all is sorted out.
There would be no point locking the stable, when the horse has bolted. A word is enough for the wise!!!!
Re: U.k Visa Advice My People by kunlewoye(m): 8:49am On May 07, 2012
*Sighs*
Re: U.k Visa Advice My People by Jefa4real: 9:15am On Feb 05, 2016
Please kunlewoye, how did you finally resolve the Waec and passport issue. I need help to.

(1) (Reply)

$6000: Dubai Or Istanbul? / Need A Direction On How To Get To Ebute Meta Ido Terminus From Osodi.... / Relocating from Canada to UK to study Medicine as an international student.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.