Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? - Business (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? (65478 Views)

Please I Need A Loan Of 500k.i'll Drop My Personal House Document As Collateral / UPDATE ON I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan. / How To Obtain Loan Online In Nigeria With Alat App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by KrystosCJ(m): 10:51am On Jan 24, 2020
healthserve:

Chill bro. I have a cousin that can do anything for me. As strong as Davido and his cousin

Really? Lucky you. Don't you ever disappoint him or her!
Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by tiana29(f): 11:23am On Jan 24, 2020
[quote author=wwwkaycom post=86041540]I gave my house documents to my cousin to take a bank loan of 3 million naira but I like to retrieve my documents back because of the way he and his wife have been doing things since October, 2019.

He is involved in sales of agrochemicals. He discussed with me on how profitable the business is but that he didn't really have money to put into it.

The wife lost her job in the bank and had to join him in the business. Being a close cousin and friend of mine, I gave out my house documents to him as collateral and the bank actually came to do some inspection in my house and I signed some documents.

The big issue now is that my cousin have not paid a dime back since August last year when he got the loan and between then and now he has done 3 parties that I'm sure gulped lots of money. The wedding of his younger sister in October, wedding of his brother in law in December and 40th birthday of his wife in January. These were serious lavish parties which I think could be done modestly.

I asked him on Monday about the loan and he said his moratorium will expire in February and there's no cause for alarm. This is different from what he told me before I released my documents, he said he will have gone far in repayment even before the expiration of moratorium. I reminded him about this but he said there is no problem about his ability to pay back since the business is lucrative.

I also discovered that one of our uncles actually borrowed him 2 million naira in 2017 which he hasn't paid back till now, he hasn't paid a dime back, I didn't do due diligence before releasing my documents to him.

Uncle told me yesterday that he would have discouraged me from giving out my documents if I had informed him before the loan was granted. Uncle also told me that he disagreed with him about his clubbing and partying lifestyles as a struggling businessman but that instead of appreciating his concern, he and his wife fought him and boasted his 2 million naira will be paid back before mid 2018 but till today he hasn't paid a dime. Hope I haven't shot myself in the leg with this help which I think I rendered to a friend and family?

The worst part of it is that my wife was not fully in support of my intention to help him then.

Where do I start from good people?

He promised to start paying by January ending, if he fail to do this, is it possible to break that bond and retrieve my documents from the bank? Can I tell him and the bank that I'm no longer interested in guaranteeing the loan? I'm afraid, kindly help.[/quotet] there are some risks not worth taking you made a big mistake by given out your house document in the first place.

1 Like

Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 24, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

It is true, I have a feeling his cousin told him how profitable the agrochemical business is. He might tell him how he would turn the N3 million loan to N6 million and he would pay the guy who pledged his house as collateral N1 million out of the profit of the venture

His cousin worked on his greed and the man is now the loser.
I am sorry to say most of the people scammed are not cautious and also greedy.

that's true, that must be greed, because u can't just release ur house like that if not he promise to give him 1m.

1 Like

Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by Busyyy: 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2020
In this pics is Felix Edogi Godwin who is a native of Ugep from Cross River State. He is popularly known as pastor felix,..he has duped multitudes of individuals cash running into millions of naira, claiming to be an investor in crypto currency, as well as being an agent for SWISS GOLDEN.
He was last seen by his victims in Calabar Municipal of CRS and since has been on his heels.
Please if seen kindly inform the nearest Police Station or EFCC Office because he is currently wanted..... or better still contact either these numbers 07032233937, 08087140379, 09050474380.

Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by Ayasayas(m): 3:29pm On Jan 24, 2020
I don't think that man will pay that loan except you go extra mile, am sorry if I have spoken wrong, just take it that you have sold the house to the bank and give the money to your brother or friend as the case may be.
Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by BCISLTD: 5:24pm On Jan 24, 2020
midnighter:

Wait a second; so all the past 10 pages are wrong? He wont even lose his house

Not really..except if the cousin disappears with any assets traceable to him
Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by midnighter(f): 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2020
BCISLTD:

Not really..except if the cousin disappears with any assets traceable to him

Hm! Okay o
Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by frog12: 7:58pm On Jan 24, 2020
somebody else likes your wife and you gave him the entire family. you should have borrowed him cash from your hands and not provide your house as collateral for loan. this was foolish. the parties are coming from the monies he has borrowed. this is not easy to solve. it may turn to fights in the end.
Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by vickydevoka(m): 12:06am On Jan 25, 2020
LadyHeaven:

You would be surprised...we are not talking of doing business BUT helping with huge capitals running in millions...
Though I have never try such n will never try such with any body. Unless my colleague in my place of work
Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by Lexusgs430: 8:03am On Jan 25, 2020
wwwkaycom:
I gave my house documents to my cousin to take a bank loan of 3 million naira but I like to retrieve my documents back because of the way he and his wife have been doing things since October, 2019.

He is involved in sales of agrochemicals. He discussed with me on how profitable the business is but that he didn't really have money to put into it.

The wife lost her job in the bank and had to join him in the business. Being a close cousin and friend of mine, I gave out my house documents to him as collateral and the bank actually came to do some inspection in my house and I signed some documents.

The big issue now is that my cousin have not paid a dime back since August last year when he got the loan and between then and now he has done 3 parties that I'm sure gulped lots of money. The wedding of his younger sister in October, wedding of his brother in law in December and 40th birthday of his wife in January. These were serious lavish parties which I think could be done modestly.

I asked him on Monday about the loan and he said his moratorium will expire in February and there's no cause for alarm. This is different from what he told me before I released my documents, he said he will have gone far in repayment even before the expiration of moratorium. I reminded him about this but he said there is no problem about his ability to pay back since the business is lucrative.

I also discovered that one of our uncles actually borrowed him 2 million naira in 2017 which he hasn't paid back till now, he hasn't paid a dime back, I didn't do due diligence before releasing my documents to him.

Uncle told me yesterday that he would have discouraged me from giving out my documents if I had informed him before the loan was granted. Uncle also told me that he disagreed with him about his clubbing and partying lifestyles as a struggling businessman but that instead of appreciating his concern, he and his wife fought him and boasted his 2 million naira will be paid back before mid 2018 but till today he hasn't paid a dime. Hope I haven't shot myself in the leg with this help which I think I rendered to a friend and family?

The worst part of it is that my wife was not fully in support of my intention to help him then.

He promised to start paying by January ending, if he fail to do this, is it possible to break that bond and retrieve my documents from the bank? Can I tell him and the bank that I'm no longer interested in guaranteeing the loan? I'm afraid, kindly help.

Be very afraid, while you are afraid, hope he starts paying the loan back and never defaults......

You put your chest and your house on the line, also don't forget to tell your family, you might have made them homeless.......
Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by Lexusgs430: 8:07am On Jan 25, 2020
wwwkaycom:
I gave my house documents to my cousin to take a bank loan of 3 million naira but I like to retrieve my documents back because of the way he and his wife have been doing things since October, 2019.

He promised to start paying by January ending, if he fail to do this, is it possible to break that bond and retrieve my documents from the bank? Can I tell him and the bank that I'm no longer interested in guaranteeing the loan? I'm afraid, kindly help.

Be very afraid, while you are afraid, hope he starts paying the loan back and never defaults......

You put your chest and your house on the line, also don't forget to tell your family, you might have made them homeless.......

NB : You can never get your documents back, if loan is not fully repaid........
Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by wwwkaycom(m): 4:51pm On Jan 26, 2020
Good afternoon nairalanders, I thank you all for your concerns. After reading about half of the comments here, I nearly developed heart attack. As I informed you before, his elder brother moved into action by asking him some sincere questions. He made it plain to his brother that he didn't have the mind of putting me into trouble and that he'll start paying the loan back as from tomorrow Monday 27th January, 2020. He later called to tell me that he he will start paying the loan back tomorrow and apologized for all the stress he has taken me through. Meanwhile, I consulted with a friend in bank who is aware of the loan in the bank on Friday and he told me I have no cause to worry because the business was actually accessed very well and that it can pay back even more than 3 million naira loan. He also said that the one year tenure of the loan will start counting as from March 2020 since moratorium ends by February 29, 2020 and that the bank won't take possession of my property until after several warnings if he begin to flout the terms of the loan.
I will update the house tomorrow, my cousin promised to pay back up to 600k tomorrow. I just pray he do, thank you all and God bless.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by eyinjuege: 7:53pm On Jan 31, 2020
OP, has your cousin started paying back now? I really hope he doesn't mess you guys up.

2 Likes

Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by Oluchia(f): 8:10pm On Jan 31, 2020
wwwkaycom:
Good afternoon nairalanders, I thank you all for your concerns. After reading about half of the comments here, I nearly developed heart attack. As I informed you before, his elder brother moved into action by asking him some sincere questions. He made it plain to his brother that he didn't have the mind of putting me into trouble and that he'll start paying the loan back as from tomorrow Monday 27th January, 2020. He later called to tell me that he he will start paying the loan back tomorrow and apologized for all the stress he has taken me through. Meanwhile, I consulted with a friend in bank who is aware of the loan in the bank on Friday and he told me I have no cause to worry because the business was actually accessed very well and that it can pay back even more than 3 million naira loan. He also said that the one year tenure of the loan will start counting as from March 2020 since moratorium ends by February 29, 2020 and that the bank won't take possession of my property until after several warnings if he begin to flout the terms of the loan.
I will update the house tomorrow, my cousin promised to pay back up to 600k tomorrow. I just pray he do, thank you all and God bless.

Good to hear. Please do update us on the payment. I am praying for you and hope he keeps to his words.

2 Likes

Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by carnal: 7:39am On Feb 03, 2020
Has cousin started paying,OP?

1 Like

Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by easyzworld: 10:12am On Feb 21, 2020
Did he pay the first instalment sir? A lot of us are concerned...

5 Likes

Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by Sexyliciousbri: 9:54am On Mar 15, 2020
Seriously you were foolish. How can you release ur house documents as collateral to ur cousin? What for? I don't think its possible to back track from the bank at this point. You should have listened to ur wife. I hate to break it you, but there is a high possibility of this ending in tears. You just have to pray that he pays back the loan.
Re: I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? by chyegems(f): 2:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
wwwkaycom:
update pls! Cos i dey fear for this mata seriously.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Shoprite To Leave Nigeria After 15 Years - News24 / Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. / Opay Risks Ban As Report Finds Them Guilty Of Offering "Crazy Loans"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.