Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder (2296 Views)

2012 Toyota Highlander Or Lexus 350 / In Need Of Toyota Corolla L.E 2005 Or 2006 Model / 2006 Corolla Or 2006 Avensis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by aljazirahnews: 1:22pm On Jan 23, 2020
Good afternoon, everyone

I am currently in a fix. I like 2006 Nissan Pathfinder jeep but my friends are advising that I go for a 2001 Toyota Highlander.

Please kindly advise on which to buy.

The highlander is at 189k mileage, while the Pathfinder is at 135k

PS: Both cars are for sale at same price, ad both are of V6 engines.

Please advise. Thanks

Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by aljazirahnews: 1:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
Responses pls
Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by Bynz: 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
What's the price for both cars?

aljazirahnews:
Responses pls
Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by aljazirahnews: 2:06pm On Jan 23, 2020
Bynz:
What's the price for both cars?

N1M for each of the cars
Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by Bynz: 3:23pm On Jan 23, 2020
Since u are the one to use it, go for what you want.... I would suggest you go for Toyota.

aljazirahnews:

N1M for each of the cars

1 Like

Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by Femsyn(m): 5:42pm On Jan 23, 2020
Dont try that Pathfinder. I'm not a Toyota fan at all, but on these options, dont try the Pathfinder.

1. It's a fuel guzzler for one.
2. Electrical/gear problems will make you think of committing suicide.
3. Parts are quite expensive.
4. Mechanics are not abundant.
5. Most Pathfinders of this generation I've seen are lemons. Dont know why tho.

If you prefer a pathfinder, go for the generation before this one.
Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by aljazirahnews: 9:33pm On Jan 23, 2020
Femsyn:
Dont try that Pathfinder. I'm not a Toyota fan at all, but on these options, dont try the Pathfinder.

1. It's a fuel guzzler for one.
2. Electrical/gear problems will make you think of committing suicide.
3. Parts are quite expensive.
4. Mechanics are not abundant.
5. Most Pathfinders of this generation I've seen are lemons. Dont know why tho.

If you prefer a pathfinder, go for the generation before this one.
Thanks for this, sir.

1 Like

Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by AJ01(m): 10:43pm On Jan 23, 2020
Run from that pathfinder, don't say u were not warned

1 Like

Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by TPound(m): 5:47am On Jan 24, 2020
In as much as I'm a fan of Nissan products, run from the pathfinder, it was made by the devil grin

Abi I lie, uncle Gazzuzz

1 Like

Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:54am On Jan 24, 2020
TPound:
In as much as I'm a fan of Nissan products, run from the pathfinder, it was made by the devil grin

Abi I lie, uncle Gazzuzz

2020 goals

Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by nurey(m): 7:15am On Jan 24, 2020
aljazirahnews:
Good afternoon, everyone

I am currently in a fix. I like 2006 Nissan Pathfinder jeep but my friends are advising that I go for a 2001 Toyota Highlander.

Please kindly advise on which to buy.

The highlander is at 189k mileage, while the Pathfinder is at 135k

PS: Both cars are for sale at same price, ad both are of V6 engines.

Please advise. Thanks

As much as I hate Nigerian used Nissan and reason is because Nissan cars don't like abuse and manage manage owner.

The Highlander is no where as strong as that Pathfinder, I have neighbors using this same Pathfinder since 2011 as a daily driver and the vehicle never disappoint him.

Yes the Pathfinder came with a factory defect from 05 down to 09 but once you do a radiator bypass you will enjoy it. The Pathfinder is a full size off-road SUV with 4.0L V6 or V8 so I don't expect it to be as efficient as a Highlander CUV with 2.4L I4 or 3.3L V6.

A badly maintained car is badly maintained be it toyota, Ford or Benz.

Find a mechanic to inspect both and the one that has a good maintenance threshold should be considered

5 Likes

Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by aljazirahnews: 1:14pm On Jan 24, 2020
nurey:

As much as I hate Nigerian used Nissan and reason is because Nissan cars don't like abuse and manage manage owner.

The Highlander is no where as strong as that Pathfinder, I have neighbors using this same Pathfinder since 2011 as a daily driver and the vehicle never disappoint him.

Yes the Pathfinder came with a factory defect from 05 down to 09 but once you do a radiator bypass you will enjoy it. The Pathfinder is a full size off-road SUV with 4.0L V6 or V8 so I don't expect it to be as efficient as a Highlander CUV with 2.4L I4 or 3.3L V6.

A badly maintained car is badly maintained be it toyota, Ford or Benz.

Find a mechanic to inspect both and the one that has a good maintenance threshold should be considered

Thank you sir
Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by jodeci(m): 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2020
I bought my 2007 Nissan Pathfinder since 2012 did a radiator bypass and since then have not had any issue with the car. Very rugged and strong.I sincerely dont think any car can withstand the terrains this car has survived.You will enjoy the SUV.
Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 24, 2020
jodeci:
I bought my 2007 Nissan Pathfinder since 2012 did a radiator bypass and since then have not had any issue with the car. Very rugged and strong.I sincerely dont think any car can withstand the terrains this car has survived.You will enjoy the SUV.

Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by searchng4love: 12:08am On Jan 25, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

2020 goals

Impossible.
Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by Alexgray(m): 9:03pm On Jan 25, 2020
Been using and still using a 2005 pathfinder since 2016.no regrets. Read about the bypass and did it on mine. To me, u wld get more space in d pathfinder than the highlander. Whichever one u choose, just make sure u get a good one. I'm sure u wld be the one to say this to whoever intends to buy the pathfinder later.
Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by aljazirahnews: 10:33pm On Jan 25, 2020
Alexgray:
Been using and still using a 2005 pathfinder since 2016.no regrets. Read about the bypass and did it on mine. To me, u wld get more space in d pathfinder than the highlander. Whichever one u choose, just make sure u get a good one. I'm sure u wld be the one to say this to whoever intends to buy the pathfinder later.

What about the fuel consumption, sir?
Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by aljazirahnews: 10:34pm On Jan 25, 2020
Alexgray:

And, how do i do the bypass?

Thanks
Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by diportivo: 6:45am On Jan 26, 2020
aljazirahnews:

Thanks

if fuel consumption is going to be a worry,dont do any of both cars

if it were me,I will buy the pathfinder,and use it to push the highlander inside the lagoon angry....my hatred for that highlander is legendary....that's me tho

inspect both cars and make a decision based on the outcome of the inspection

note.....the place wey pathfinder go enter,highlander papa no fit grin

3 Likes

Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by aljazirahnews: 11:09am On Jan 26, 2020
jodeci:

How is the fuel consumption of this pathfinder, sir?
Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by Alexgray(m): 11:12am On Jan 26, 2020
aljazirahnews:

Thanks

I have read people who haven't had a first hand experience call it a fuel guzzler. Before I got it, I have used a Toyota previa and a Ford F250 V8 triton. To be sincere, I see no difference in the consumption between these 3 vehicles. The only time the Ford consumes more is when you floor the gas pedal. Other than that, the V8 Triton is more like a regular v6. I briefly used a friend's highlander one weekend, it felt like I was in a saloon instead of suv. It all bothers on choice. I tell you, if Nissan made bad cars, why do you think the pathfinder would still be in existence many years after? Do u think it's easy to maintain a brand for that long? Think about it.
Mind you, my pathfinder is fitted with 275/70 R16 tyres,i so much love how it intimidates other cars on the road, be advised overspeeding with a pathfinder 2000-2010 puts you at high risk of rollover. This warning is boldy written on the flip visor in the vehicle. Goodluck
Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by aljazirahnews: 11:24am On Jan 26, 2020
Alexgray:

I have read people who haven't had a first hand experience call it a fuel guzzler. Before I got it, I have used a Toyota previa and a Ford F250 V8 triton. To be sincere, I see no difference in the consumption between these 3 vehicles. The only time the Ford consumes more is when you floor the gas pedal. Other than that, the V8 Triton is more like a regular v6. I briefly used a friend's highlander one weekend, it felt like I was in a saloon instead of suv. It all bothers on choice. I tell you, if Nissan made bad cars, why do you think the pathfinder would still be in existence many years after? Do u think it's easy to maintain a brand for that long? Think about it.
Mind you, my pathfinder is fitted with 275/70 R16 tyres,i so much love how it intimidates other cars on the road, be advised overspeeding with a pathfinder 2000-2010 puts you at high risk of rollover. This warning is boldy written on the flip visor in the vehicle. Goodluck

Can I have your number, sir? I have a few questions to ask. Thanks
Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by jodeci(m): 12:16pm On Jan 26, 2020
aljazirahnews:

How is the fuel consumption of this pathfinder, sir?

The engine is 4.0L cylinder bore so u dont expect it to be at thesame fuel consumption level with 2.4l or 3.3L. The fuel consumption is commensurate with the size of the engine with your CAT and associated sensors in okay condition.
Re: 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder by Alexgray(m): 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2020
aljazirahnews:

Can I have your number, sir? I have a few questions to ask. Thanks

This forum is for people to learn and understand. Many have been made to believe the Nissan pathfinder is a bad vehicle.they have never even owned any not to talk of use it for a year or two. My number is on my profile. But I would prefer you ask your questions here so I can answer. These answers would not only be helpful to you but would be open to scrutiny.
How I wish someone who has owned and personally used the highlander for more than 2 yrs can join in this discussion so we can have a healthy and educative conversation.
All cars have their bad sides. Nothing made by man is ever perfect.

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ask Me Anything About Ships & Maritime Career / What's The Real Issue With Nissan Murano? / Any Idea About Acura Mdx 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.