Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

BREAKING: Nigerian Government Accepts Creation Of Amotekun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Nigerian Government Accepts Creation Of Amotekun (846 Views)

8 Members Of Amotekun Dismissed For Shooting Tosin Thomas In Oyo / Labour Unions Call Off Strike As Rivers State Government Accepts Demands / Police Barricade Gani Fawehinmi Park Venue Of Amotekun Rally In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Nigerian Government Accepts Creation Of Amotekun by boman2014: 8:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
The Nigerian Government has agreed with
governors of South-West on the creation of
'Operation Amotekun'.

This came after a meeting between the
governors and Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo.
The government in a statement said that the
governors must ensure that necessary legal
instruments were put in place by each of the
states for the initiative.

The statement reads, "Vice President Osinbajo
met today with South-West governors, the
Attorney-General of the Federation and
Inspector-General of Police.

"Having regard to the need for all hands to be
on deck in addressing the security concerns
across the country, it was agreed that the
structure of Amotekun should also align with
the community policing strategy of the Federal
Government.

"It was also agreed that necessary legal
instruments will be put in place by each of the
states to give legal backing to the Amotekun
initiative and address all issues concerning the
regulation of the security structure,"

http://saharareporters.com/2020/01/23/breaking-nigerian-government-accepts-creation-amotekun

Mynd44
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Government Accepts Creation Of Amotekun by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
Great if this is true.

Others should set up theirs.
Middle belt especially

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Government Accepts Creation Of Amotekun by boman2014: 8:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
we can rest for now
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Government Accepts Creation Of Amotekun by socialmediaman: 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2020
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Government Accepts Creation Of Amotekun by TheFreeOne: 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2020
MY TAKE ON OPERATION AMOTEKUN:

Any discerning individual should have realised that happenings across the country recently most especially insecurity, nepotism in political appointments most especially lopsided security which has been intentionally concentrated into the northern region will eventually brings no good to the country.

Like a crescendo tension and fear builds up in the minds of many who can see the telltale signs of impending danger to all. Coupled with brazen unabated killings by BH, bandits, Fulani militias across the country and most especially in the middle belt. Many are of the opinion there's an agenda of ethnic cleansing by Fulanis and that the FG aren't helping matters with the failure to protect Nigerians and seemingly non prosecution of these bloodthirsty groups.
The reality is that one doesn't have to be a prophet to know that if these security challenges aren't faced head-on it won't be long before criminals elements start going from house to house killing and abducting people as it has become obvious the country security architecture is overstretched and compromised as some alleged.

So Operaion Amotekun is a child of necessity whose birth is a near perfect timing to stop incursion of these bloodthirsty groups into southern Nigeria. It's a kinda checkmate if Yorubas and other southerners are to sleep with their eyes closed cos it's no secret that 'cells' of these bloodthirsty marauders are very much in the south.

Real Omoluabis considers life and security of their people first before politics and I congratulate the SW governors for setting aside political differences to birth this laudable move. But they and the DAWN commission should be careful not to lose the reins of Amotekun to those who want to be politically correct because of selfish ambition as such individuals will want to whittle down the strength and functionality of these initiative in order to please some feudal lords at the detriment of Yorubas and entire south.
The governors should likewise be cautious of their dealings and discussions with the FG cos 'the devil is in the details' in order to avoid this initiative being sabotaged to suit Fulani interests and agenda.

I am also very happy for the resounding support from the Yoruba nation at home and in diaspora. It is a positive signs we have come to realise the need for UNITY and knows who our enemies are. And I hope southern Nigeria comes together as it is the ONLY WAY to have a country of our dreams IF we all desire to stay together as a country.

And those opposing this regional initiative should be rest assured Yorubas aren't unreasonable and neither will Amotekun be a tool for oppressing fulani herders as being claimed by Fulani leaders.
All we want is security of our people and only criminals elements amongst them need to fear Amotekun.

ONLY CRIMINALS AND THIEVES COMPLAINS OF THE STRENGTH AND HEIGHT OF THEIR NEIGHBOURS' GATE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Government Accepts Creation Of Amotekun by Nigerianization(m): 8:53pm On Jan 23, 2020
I love the unity of purpose of the governors of the South West region. I hope Osibanjo won't get punished for this when the cabal resumes duty on baba's return

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Government Accepts Creation Of Amotekun by viyon02: 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
Bravo! bravo!!, bravo!!!, with the creation of Amotekun, it is crystal clear that every region need to be security cautious: Yoruba has taken the lead others can follow.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Government Accepts Creation Of Amotekun by TheFreeOne: 9:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
sassysure:
Great if this is true.

Others should set up theirs.
Middle belt especially

viyon02:
Bravo! bravo!!, bravo!!!, with the creation of Amotekun, it is crystal clear that every region need to security cautious: Yoruba has taken the lead others can follow.

Governors of north central states comprising Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Kogi, Kwara, Benue are already on the beat to set-up their own.

It's expected SS and SE will do same and I won't be surprised if IPOB comes down hard again on SE governors for the proscription of the group by FG.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Government Accepts Creation Of Amotekun by Bola146(f): 9:51pm On Jan 23, 2020
Victory at last!!!! Congratulations to us grin Kudus to the governors
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Government Accepts Creation Of Amotekun by doggedfighter(f): 10:40pm On Jan 23, 2020
Thought they were asked to go home and draft the legal framework. Does this mean acceptance?
Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Government Accepts Creation Of Amotekun by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 23, 2020
I don't know what u mean by South East joining cos my side of the south east has been doing community policing since time immemorial. I grew up knowing we have community police and we pay them monthly like u pay civil servants. That is a full time job.
They also use licenced guns.
We call them vigilante group and they are super effective.

They work.hand in hand with the police.

U hardly hear of fulani cattle etc wahala around my area.
Even indigene that have goats chain them at home cos if they are seen outside and reported, the owner will pay fine not to talk of herd of cows.
TheFreeOne:

Governors of north central states comprising Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Kogi, Kwara, Benue are already on the beat to set-up their own.

It's expected SS and SE will do same and I won't be surprised if IPOB comes down hard again on SE governors for the proscription of the group by FG.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigerian Government Accepts Creation Of Amotekun by DaBullIT(m): 11:30pm On Jan 23, 2020
Na be play

(1) (Reply)

Why are APC Supporters Referred To As Zombies!!! / Ondo 2020: Deputy Governor, Agboola Ajayi Stranded As Akeredolu, PDP Rejects Him / Edo Guber: I Presented All Certificates To PDP Screening Committee ― Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.