Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Why Is Buhari Still Keeping The Failed Service Chiefs? By Fredrick Nwabufo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Buhari Still Keeping The Failed Service Chiefs? By Fredrick Nwabufo (303 Views)

Aisha Buhari Still Missing From Nigerian Public, Five Months After / Garba Shehu’s ‘Attack’ On Adeboye Was To Rebuke Osinbajo - By Fredrick Nwabufo / Buhari Still Petroleum Minister As Lai Mohammed, Ngige, Amaechi Retain Positions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Buhari Still Keeping The Failed Service Chiefs? By Fredrick Nwabufo by shehuolayinka(m): 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2020
In December 2018, Boko Haram insurgents pulled a blitzkrieg on military formations in Baga, Borno state, sacking the headquarters of the multinational joint task force and taking over the place (briefly). The group steadied its onslaughts on military formations, killing many soldiers, weeks after.

At least, 18 soldiers were killed in an ambush on Maiduguri road on December 26, 2018, in one of Boko Haram’s mortal offensives. The group also persisted in inflicting attritive damages on the civilian population in the north-east. The killings and destruction never let up; in fact, they had taken an upward trajectory since the current service chiefs were appointed.

But what did President Muhammadu Buhari say and do in the heat of the killing of soldiers, civilians and attack on military barracks and equipment?

This is what he said in an interview on Arise TV in January, 2019 – a few days after the attacks: “The head [him] has to be very careful on removal of the service chiefs because you don’t know [the] ambition of the ones coming up. I didn’t know them on [a] personal basis, I followed records and thought I picked the best then, of course, their performance may be disappointing but I accept responsibility for not changing them. My reason is based on my own experience.”

Now, compare Buhari’s complacent remarks to the action of President Issoufou Mahamadou of Niger Republic, who sacked his security chiefs after 89 soldiers were killed by terrorists in January, 2020.

My theory is, Buhari is keeping the service chiefs, who have failed in their duty, out of self-preservation. He is prioritising loyalty over competence because he still sees the wraith of the 1985 coup in which he was deposed. Boko Haram can sack the entire north-east, but the president will still keep the security chiefs. He considers any threat to his office of far greater concern than any threat to the lives of Nigerians.

READ MORE: https://thebelltimesng.com/2020/01/24/why-is-buhari-still-keeping-the-failed-service-chiefs-by-fredrick-nwabufo/

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Still Keeping The Failed Service Chiefs? By Fredrick Nwabufo by F117nighthawk: 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2020
Because he is confused, clueless and lack modern day warfare tactics and ideas,the needs devine wisdom to know those chiefs are tired and don't have anything to offer anymore,he doesn't under the meaning of the word CHANGE, thats the only thing that is constant in life. Someone needs to preach this to him,that same LOYALTY he is priotising is what will eventually FAIL him
Re: Why Is Buhari Still Keeping The Failed Service Chiefs? By Fredrick Nwabufo by brodalikeme(m): 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2020
He doesn't see anything wrong as long as he is in power
Re: Why Is Buhari Still Keeping The Failed Service Chiefs? By Fredrick Nwabufo by madmohamed(m): 1:29pm On Jan 24, 2020
shehuolayinka:
In December 2018, Boko Haram insurgents pulled a blitzkrieg on military formations in Baga, Borno state, sacking the headquarters of the multinational joint task force and taking over the place (briefly). The group steadied its onslaughts on military formations, killing many soldiers, weeks after.

At least, 18 soldiers were killed in an ambush on Maiduguri road on December 26, 2018, in one of Boko Haram’s mortal offensives. The group also persisted in inflicting attritive damages on the civilian population in the north-east. The killings and destruction never let up; in fact, they had taken an upward trajectory since the current service chiefs were appointed.

But what did President Muhammadu Buhari say and do in the heat of the killing of soldiers, civilians and attack on military barracks and equipment?

This is what he said in an interview on Arise TV in January, 2019 – a few days after the attacks: “The head [him] has to be very careful on removal of the service chiefs because you don’t know [the] ambition of the ones coming up. I didn’t know them on [a] personal basis, I followed records and thought I picked the best then, of course, their performance may be disappointing but I accept responsibility for not changing them. My reason is based on my own experience.”

Now, compare Buhari’s complacent remarks to the action of President Issoufou Mahamadou of Niger Republic, who sacked his security chiefs after 89 soldiers were killed by terrorists in January, 2020.

My theory is, Buhari is keeping the service chiefs, who have failed in their duty, out of self-preservation. He is prioritising loyalty over competence because he still sees the wraith of the 1985 coup in which he was deposed. Boko Haram can sack the entire north-east, but the president will still keep the security chiefs. He considers any threat to his office of far greater concern than any threat to the lives of Nigerians.

READ MORE: https://thebelltimesng.com/2020/01/24/why-is-buhari-still-keeping-the-failed-service-chiefs-by-fredrick-nwabufo/
because he is not buhari, that is agreement whit service Chief whit so call cabal that they will not be Cheng. Who will Cheng them if buhari is alive he could have Cheng them long time ago they are in power try it and see. Buhari is dead
Re: Why Is Buhari Still Keeping The Failed Service Chiefs? By Fredrick Nwabufo by aguiyi2: 1:50pm On Jan 24, 2020
This is the Million naira question,answer it correctly,half of Nigerias problems will have been solved.
Re: Why Is Buhari Still Keeping The Failed Service Chiefs? By Fredrick Nwabufo by slimfit1(m): 5:01pm On Jan 24, 2020
That's what incompetent President d

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Ugwuanyi Inspects Ongoing Construction Work At The Forest Reserve, Enugu / Nigerian Man Travelled To Ukraine To Interview Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Never Look A Nigerian In The Eye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.