Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,752 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

2nd Class Lower Palaver - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2nd Class Lower Palaver (3243 Views)

Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs / Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? / Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2nd Class Lower Palaver by k2kay(m): 11:37pm On Dec 08, 2010
I am astonished as to why there should be discrimination in employing a graduate with a second class lower degree. pardon me if i say this;
Is a second class (lower) degree no more of value that its been treated as a failure? for instance, look at the adverts around you reading "a minimum of 2.1" so where do we dump the 2.2's,the 3rd's and even the pass? angry
Re: 2nd Class Lower Palaver by cougar1: 11:39pm On Dec 08, 2010
k2kay:

I am astonished as to why there should be discrimination in employing a graduate with a second class lower degree. pardon me if i say this;
Is a second class (lower) degree no more of value that its been treated as a failure? for instance, look at the adverts around you reading "a minimum of 2.1" so where do we dump the 2.2's,the 3rd's and even the pass? angry

low-skilled jobs like barbing, hairdressing, tailoring, plumbing, mechanic, security jobs. cheesy
Re: 2nd Class Lower Palaver by k2kay(m): 11:43pm On Dec 08, 2010
cou-gar:

low-skilled jobs like barbing, hairdressing, tailoring, plumbing, mechanic, security jobs. cheesy

should this be a laughing matter?
Re: 2nd Class Lower Palaver by cougar1: 11:58pm On Dec 08, 2010
k2kay:

should this be a laughing matter?

not laughing at you, mate. just stating the obvious. nigeria turns out 100,000 graduates per annum. what do you expect would happen in the job market? of course, employers would demand for the best because there are too many job-seekers out there. i am even surprised they still ask for 2-1. by now i thought it would be strictly first class graduates!
Re: 2nd Class Lower Palaver by Texan(m): 6:53am On Dec 09, 2010
Quite frankly I think Cou_gar is right. I was opportune to help in soughting out CV's for my company and boy you need to see the amount of 2.2's involved.

Let's even leave that scenario sef. Take a look at the NLNG exams I took in 2008. They asked for 2.1's. Over 18,000 people wrote that test. Do you think its that easy sorting out CV's talkless of marking them? Its not easy my brother. So when people start requesting for First class I won't be surprised.

Its an annoying situation my brother but that's the country we live in. There are millions of capable unemployed people. Even the 1st class people sef are yet to find jobs. God help us all,
Re: 2nd Class Lower Palaver by idnoble73(m): 8:50am On Dec 09, 2010
k2kay, don't worry, 2:2 are not discarded in the market they still get good jobs. I am a living witness to that, I am working in a Group of Company that is well known in this country as the I.T Manager, despite having 2:2. What you need to do is to brush up your skills, and you will get the job you need, God on your side.

Don't give up and don't mind others that are making mockery of you, pple with 2:2 are still getting GOOD job.
Re: 2nd Class Lower Palaver by tuns10: 10:52am On Dec 09, 2010
idnoble, i quite agree with you,one can ofcourse get a job with 2.2 ,one just has to depend on GOD and at the same time be hard working,u can get a professional qualification or masters to back it up and make urself marketable
Re: 2nd Class Lower Palaver by k2kay(m): 11:59pm On Dec 09, 2010
idnoble73:

k2kay, don't worry, 2:2 are not discarded in the market they still get good jobs. I am a living witness to that, I am working in a Group of Company that is well known in this country as the I.T Manager, despite having 2:2. What you need to do is to brush up your skills, and you will get the job you need, God on your side.

Don't give up and don't mind others that are making mockery of you, pple with 2:2 are still getting GOOD job.

thanks for the encouragement guy. grin
tuns10:

idnoble, i quite agree with you,one can ofcourse get a job with 2.2 ,one just has to depend on GOD and at the same time be hard working,u can get a professional qualification or masters to back it up and make urself marketable

u too much cool

Texan:

Quite frankly I think Cou_gar is right. I was opportune to help in soughting out CV's for my company and boy you need to see the amount of 2.2's involved.

Let's even leave that scenario sef. Take a look at the NLNG exams I took in 2008. They asked for 2.1's. Over 18,000 people wrote that test. Do you think its that easy sorting out CV's talkless of marking them? Its not easy my brother. So when people start requesting for First class I won't be surprised.

Its an annoying situation my brother but that's the country we live in. There are millions of capable unemployed people. Even the 1st class people sef are yet to find jobs. God help us all,

Haba! wch 1 u no dey? angry
Re: 2nd Class Lower Palaver by headworld: 3:56am On Dec 10, 2010
WANTED URGENTLY

From soil to oil
Now something is boiling
Our oil tanks are getting exhausted
We need more think tanks
Look at our “graduates” & see unemployment riding high
Look at our needs as a nation & see the many opportunities to create solutions.
ENTREPRENEURS are wanted!

Call: OuterEDGE Solutions (08066363000)
Business plan
Proposal
Feasibility report
Start-up advisory (FREE)

We shld be part of the solution and not the problem!
Re: 2nd Class Lower Palaver by Texan(m): 9:40am On Dec 10, 2010
@K2KAY: Oya sorry o! Plenty hope still they. Even in the recently concluded Baker Hughes test, some 2.2's passed sef. So keep your dreams up okay. I didnt mean to discourage you I was just looking at things generally.

All the best bro,
Re: 2nd Class Lower Palaver by idnoble73(m): 10:02am On Dec 10, 2010
@Texan: I really appreciate your sincerity and you been able to encourage K2KAY again. There is HOPE if you believe in your self and in your ability.

I have been to interview and text, where you even see 1st class guys not been able to perform despite having the best grade. So,let us believe in our ability and also brush up our skills and God on our side we will get to the top.
Re: 2nd Class Lower Palaver by k2kay(m): 10:22pm On Dec 10, 2010
@idnoble73, u rock!!!! grin
@Everybody, Thanks alot for your words of encouragement,it feels good to know there are people ready to lend support to a fellow brother. smiley

See you all at the TOP smiley
Re: 2nd Class Lower Palaver by dellydigit: 1:10pm On Dec 12, 2010
not laughing at you, mate. just stating the obvious. nigeria turns out 100,000 graduates per annum. what do you expect would happen in the job market? of course, employers would demand for the best because there are too many job-seekers out there. i am even surprised they still ask for 2-1. by now i thought it would be strictly first class graduates!

You are making a mistake. Making a first class does not mean you are the best.

(1) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search Season 11 (the Mission) Registration Begins For 2014 / Npower N-tax Test / U.S Embassy Graduates Assistant Recruitment (N8,383,885/Year) - Ends: 24/May/19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.